Miami going to attempt to trade up to #1 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami going to attempt to trade up to #1

How many times did we see on this board during last offseason and during the season "Grier didnt trade all those players away to get a QB. He didnt tear down this roster to get a QB. He's just rebuilding"

Grier trades up to #1............For a QB

Which makes it even more infuriating that we won games.

I wouldn't trade Houston's #1 pick next year for pretty much ANYTHING now. That pick could end up being the first overall pick. Do you not see that potential. Christ if Tunsil Watson get hurt.....

That 2021 Houston pk is untouchable now IMO...man Lawrence, Fields or a boat load of picks..just from that one pick.
Damn if Houston had a clue I could even see them giving up Watson for just that 2021 #1 pick back.... Now us doing it hmmmm questionable

Last edited:
I’m not sure how I feel about it but they didn’t put themselves in this position as far as draft supply for two years not to get the guy they think can be our QB long term. All in go get him go fins
Agree. If Burrow is the guy, go get him. Of course, the big question is whether Cincinnati would part with him. That still seems very iffy to me.

Rosen would have some "stop gap" value for them in the interim. And it might be THE opportunity to off load him. Otherwise, he will be a career backup for us.
I figured he is cheap, and if they are passing on Burrow, it doesn't hurt to have a cheap QB thrown into the deal to at least get a look at. It doesn't hurt them at all to get him as part of the deal.

How many times did we see on this board during last offseason and during the season "Grier didnt trade all those players away to get a QB. He didnt tear down this roster to get a QB. He's just rebuilding"

Grier trades up to #1............For a QB

Which makes it even more infuriating that we won games.

Won games that made players in free agency want to come to Miami....

The Bengals will want the farm for Burrow. If the FO is in love with Burrow then I can understand the move.

Big risk giving all your picks up but so is drafting an injury prone QB. It seems clear the Fins don’t like the other QB’s not named Tua or Burrow.

Huge defining moment in franchise history this.

Since Armando is reporting this, I’d put the chances of it happening somewhere between zero and Emilia Clarke showing up at my house in a French Maid’s outfit.

Armando is weirdly accurate when it comes to the draft but I would like Barry's take on this.

I am listening to sirius nfl radio and they are saying they hear that Miami might consider trading up to #1! I am not for giving up what it would take to do this! What do you guys think?
Let me start with I love, love this site even though opinions are mostly less than not so much, mine included sometimes. Been here for years. About the next month go to VIP or stay away and donate, the rumors and BS will run rampant now until the draft. Someone here will take as gospel.

Won games that made players in free agency want to come to Miami....

I keep seeing people say this and I honestly don't understand the logic...so if we won 3 games this year those free agents wouldn't have come? A 5 win losing season inspires hope and a 3 win losing season means you suck beyond repair?

The fans that wanted wins after that 0-7 start are gonna see why tankers wanted to just lose games. It is what it is at this point. Whatever.

yup because our rooting interests had a direct affect on the team. Also several of our recent free agent acquisitions mentioned specifically that they wanted to play for Flores and an up and coming team. Do you really think they’d feel the same if we played all year like Cincinnati? My friend you can’t have your cake and eat it too.

If your any GM that didn't win the Super Bowl last year and you DON"T make the call, you are not doing your job. Especially one that needs a QB and has a boatload of picks. That doesn't mean they do it, just means they now know the price to play if they decide to. Say we do it.
What happens now that we have traded away our best chances to draft a tackle or two to protect him? Does the # 1 overall pick start game one? WTF not? Drafting a great prospect without support is an iffy proposition. Ask Tim Couch, David Carr, or JaMarcus Russell... At what point is it cost prohibitive? To many, it never will. Right Dave Wrongstadt, Mike DItka? (Rickey W)

Back
Top Bottom