Miami going to attempt to trade up to #1 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami going to attempt to trade up to #1

What we all need to remember is 104% of everything you hear leading up to the draft is complete bullshit. Teams put out smokescreens all the time. Media and Social Media outlets make stuff up off of the top of their head and post is as 'rumors' or 'reports' because that's how they generate traffic, and getting clicks and hits is more important to them than actually reporting the facts.

Second, I doubt Cincy has any interest in passing on Burrow. He's a hometown kid who would sell tickets by the boatload for years no matter how good or bad he is. If they trade the pick it would be disastrous for them, and if they pass on him and he becomes a star it would destroy the fanbase to the point it would take a generation for the team to recover. If I'm Cincy and Miami calls, it would take all 3 1's this year, a 1 and a 2 next year just to get me to pick up the phone.

Finally, as a Dolphin fan I would rather keep the picks and draft our QB at 5. Between Burrow, Tua and Herbert, one of them will be there at 5. QB is a big hole right now, but it's not the only hole. We need those picks to fill those holes.

Ignore all of the 'rumors' and 'reports' and have faith that the team will do the right thing.

TFK

I have to imagine that the FO has decided what they will pay. The will offer Cincy less than that. They will sweeten the deal until they get to their max point. We also have TONS of lower rounders to throw in for fluff and appearances. We could add 5ths and 6ths and 7ths all damn day and Cincy will look like a highway thief with those added in. We could even throw in Rosen.
I have to wonder if Burrow has said to his agent no way to Cincinnati. It might be the only way the Bengals make this trade.
I also wonder, if other posters have said, that it is part of the shuck and jive. I said on here a while back, Miami should be talking up every QB in this draft, they should leak they want to trade down, they should leak the want to trade up, they should leak they want Simmons. They should leak they want Derrick Brown. Other teams should have their heads SPINNING trying to figure out what we will do. We are in control of this draft, picks wise. Now it's time to spread propaganda and rumors like a corrupt government.
And quite honestly, I don't believe this for a second and will not until it happens.
We are spreading rumors. Miami is going to try to go up to #1 for Joe Burrow. That's a great rumor. Almost every mock believes the Fins are locked on Tua. Flo is a guy that will mind flock you, remember Kenny Stills and the music? So honestly you and I and Armando and Mel Kiper all together don't know for sure what the FO is thinking. We do know that 2 QBs out of this group are rated quite a bit higher than any other QB in this draft. We need to walk away with one of them. We do that, skies the limit. Both of those cats can freaking play!

I keep seeing people say this and I honestly don't understand the logic...so if we won 3 games this year those free agents wouldn't have come? A 5 win losing season inspires hope and a 3 win losing season means you suck beyond repair?

You don’t think there’s a difference between our 5-11 and say the chargers? We were thoroughly outmanned and fought hard to get those wins. It left an impression, Ogbah and Jones have said so. So yes it matters. I think a better way to look at it is we may have traded cry baby Minkah for Tua. Who wouldn’t make that deal?

If it takes a player to sweeten the deal so the Bengals trade us Burrow I'd much rather throw in Rosen than X Howard. Howard is a very important piece going forward imo. He gets turnovers! Rosen might be interesting to the Bengals. He might even have some success there.

If it takes a player to sweeten the deal so the Bengals trade us Burrow I'd much rather throw in Rosen than X Howard. Howard is a very important piece going forward imo. He gets turnovers! Rosen might be interesting to the Bengals. He might even have some success there.
LOL. And I’d rather someone trade me $1,000 worth of gold for a bag of magic beans, but it’s hard to find that kind of naïveté outside of fairy tales.

One gives and one takes away which one would you prefer to have if you were a Bungle?

If I "look into my crystal ball" today on March 31st. I can see us asking Cin for #1 and then laughing at them for wanting 4 or 5, 1st rounders. So Burrow in Miami; I put at less than 1%. Its just gonna cost too much.

Most of the fanbase (myself included) has wanted Tua for years now (admittedly his injuries have made me sour on him slightly but I still prefer him over the rest available). Why any of us were foolish enough to think the Dolphins would get us the QB we want, hasnt paid attention to the last 20 years. I also wanna point out I've been pretty optimistic about the draft but the closer we get to April 23rd, the more I feel like were gonna screw this up, in typical Miami Dolphins fashion. The word "nervious" about the draft wont be a strong enough word here in a week or two.

I've very confident in this statement tho. "Tua, will not be picked at #5."

He will go at #3 or #4, either the Lions or Giants will trade down. I seriously doubt we will trade up for Tua. The injury concerns are just too much to gamble on when your talking about giving up multiple picks for one player. Tua's going to the Chargers or (the team I've been saying all offseason will trade up for Tua) Chucky's Las Vegas Raiders. The raiders have two 1st round picks to offer in this draft.

So that leaves us at #5, Tua, whom 95% of the fanbase wanted, will be gone. And here is where it gets really depressing, our scouting department has been obsessed with Herbert for 2 years now. We probably know more about Herbert than prob any NFL team. He also feels like the typical Dolphins qb we have grown accustom too over the last 20 years. Mediocre!

I may just be having a bad day, or maybe I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, but if I had to bet, we are gonna end up with Herbert. It's my worst nightmare for the draft and when it comes to the Miami Dolphins, my nightmares are usually the reality.

Guys, Armando has been excommunicated. He knows absolutely nothing of the inner FO.
What I believe is FloCo is using Armando as thier lil bitch rumor spreader.

You may be right about Armando, but Todd McShay has been saying the same thing about trading up to get Burrow.

Miami has 5 picks in the 1st round and 4 2nd round picks over the next 2 seasons making them the media darlings of fake trade news. Miami ain't trading for the #1 overall pick, because it be counter productive in doing so. Any team trading with Miami is going to ask for the moon. And if Miami and Grier were to bite, they should be fired, IMMEDIATELY!!!! Now if the asking price was reasonable, I can see Miami making the move.

Unfortunately, Miami may be holding all the cards, but Cincinnati has all the Leverage. Don't see it happening.

It’s not happening ... smokescreen ...if you look at what they addressed and didn’t address in free agency it screams Left tackle running back high your not getting a decent one by giving up all your picks.

If I "look into my crystal ball" today on March 31st. I can see us asking Cin for #1 and then laughing at them for wanting 4 or 5, 1st rounders. So Burrow in Miami; I put at less than 1%. Its just gonna cost too much.

Most of the fanbase (myself included) has wanted Tua for years now (admittedly his injuries have made me sour on him slightly but I still prefer him over the rest available). Why any of us were foolish enough to think the Dolphins would get us the QB we want, hasnt paid attention to the last 20 years. I also wanna point out I've been pretty optimistic about the draft but the closer we get to April 23rd, the more I feel like were gonna screw this up, in typical Miami Dolphins fashion. The word "nervious" about the draft wont be a strong enough word here in a week or two.

I've very confident in this statement tho. "Tua, will not be picked at #5."

He will go at #3 or #4, either the Lions or Giants will trade down. I seriously doubt we will trade up for Tua. The injury concerns are just too much to gamble on when your talking about giving up multiple picks for one player. Tua's going to the Chargers or (the team I've been saying all offseason will trade up for Tua) Chucky's Las Vegas Raiders. The raiders have two 1st round picks to offer in this draft.

So that leaves us at #5, Tua, whom 95% of the fanbase wanted, will be gone. And here is where it gets really depressing, our scouting department has been obsessed with Herbert for 2 years now. We probably know more about Herbert than prob any NFL team. He also feels like the typical Dolphins qb we have grown accustom too over the last 20 years. Mediocre!

I may just be having a bad day, or maybe I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, but if I had to bet, we are gonna end up with Herbert. It's my worst nightmare for the draft and when it comes to the Miami Dolphins, my nightmares are usually the reality.

If the injury concerns are too much of a gamble to trade up for Tua then why would any other team such as the Chargers or Raiders do so? Especially with the situation we are in now where teams are unable to have their own medical staffs examine players in person. No team is trading up for Tua and the Dolphins are not trading up to the #1 pick. Both Tua and Herbert will be sitting there at 5. We will see who the Dolphins pick.

You don’t think there’s a difference between our 5-11 and say the chargers? We were thoroughly outmanned and fought hard to get those wins. It left an impression, Ogbah and Jones have said so. So yes it matters. I think a better way to look at it is we may have traded cry baby Minkah for Tua. Who wouldn’t make that deal?

Yes the difference between us and the Chargers is that 9 of their 11 losses was by a TD or less but ultimately 5 wins is 5 wins :shrug:. Momentum does not carry over season to season that's why new teams go to the playoffs every year. That's why in 2005 despite ending the season on a 6 game win streak the next year we went 6-10.

I would assume that every team with 5 or less wins fought hard to get those wins. I don't put much stock in what players say, what else are they supposed to say...I came here strictly for the money...they have such little talent it gives me my best chance at starting...no winning team offered me a similar contract.

When Moss was traded to the Raiders he said and I quote "very pleased to be going to Oakland and looking forward to playing with a team that's promised they're going to throw the ball deep a whole lot to him and having a chance at winning the Super Bowl." I doubt he really believed that but that's the stuff you gotta say when you sign with a new team or get drafted or what have you especially when you sign with a bad team. They had about as much of a chance at winning the Super Bowl as I did in getting Beyonce to have a 3some with me and Margot Robbie...so far only I'm on board.

Back
Top Bottom