Miami going to attempt to trade up to #1 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami going to attempt to trade up to #1

I’m a firm believer that, if you don’t have a franchise QB, you do whatever it takes to get one.

We’ve suffered through 20 years of not having a QB, and out of all of the first rounders we’ve selected, none have equated to building a winning team.

If Miami believes that Burrow is that guy, then they have to do whatever it takes to get him. No LT, or LB, or DB, or anything else that we would take in the first will turn this team around

This is one time to swing for the fences. We traded away a bunch of great players to get into the position to snag a franchise QB. We didn't give up all that talent to get tackles. We need our QB and we need him now. Don't overpay too much for Burrow and I'm fine with it. I'm not just throwing in Xavian Howard either. Trade appropriate picks, something in 21 and be done with it. If the Bengals are not interested then make darn sure you come away with Tua.

Last edited:

TO get to #1 (worth 3000) we would have to give up #5 (obviously) worth 1700. Assuming the Texans are going to be a top ten team without Hopkins, I'm assuming they have the #8 pick next year which is worth 1400 but might be viewed as less as it's next year. Let's say they agree that the Texans 1st rounder next year is worth 900 we're at 2600. Then add in the #26 this year which is 700 and you're there.

IF Flo-Grier think Burrow is the guy, I'm cool with that and we still have #13 picks this year including #18. We only have one 1st rounder next year but I'm cool with it.

As a general rule of thumb, future picks are valued at one round later. I.E. a 2021 1st Round pick is valued at the same position in the 2nd Round.

I have to imagine that the FO has decided what they will pay. They will offer Cincy less than that. They will sweeten the deal until they get to their max point. We also have TONS of lower rounders to throw in for fluff and appearances. We could add 5ths and 6ths and 7ths all damn day and Cincy will look like a highway thief with those added in. We could even throw in Rosen.
I have to wonder if Burrow has said to his agent no way to Cincinnati. It might be the only way the Bengals make this trade.
I also wonder, as other posters have said, that it is part of the shuck and jive. I said on here a while back, Miami should be talking up every QB in this draft, they should leak they want to trade down, they should leak the want to trade up, they should leak they want Simmons. They should leak they want Derrick Brown. Other teams should have their heads SPINNING trying to figure out what we will do. We are in control of this draft, picks wise. Now it's time to spread propaganda and rumors like a corrupt government.
And quite honestly, I don't believe this for a second and will not until it happens.

Last edited:
I have to imagine that the FO has decided what they will pay. The will offer Cincy less than that. They will sweeten the deal until they get to their max point. We also have TONS of lower rounders to throw in for fluff and appearances. We could add 5ths and 6ths and 7ths all damn day and Cincy will look like a highway thief with those added in. We could even throw in Rosen.
I have to wonder if Burrow has said to his agent no way to Cincinnati. It might be the only way the Bengals make this trade.
I also wonder, if other posters have said, that it is part of the shuck and jive. I said on here a while back, Miami should be talking up every QB in this draft, they should leak they want to trade down, they should leak the want to trade up, they should leak they want Simmons. They should leak they want Derrick Brown. Other teams should have their heads SPINNING trying to figure out what we will do. We are in control of this draft, picks wise. Now it's time to spread propaganda and rumors like a corrupt government.

Rosen would have some "stop gap" value for them in the interim. And it might be THE opportunity to off load him. Otherwise, he will be a career backup for us.

Back
Top Bottom