Miami going to attempt to trade up to #1 | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami going to attempt to trade up to #1

Yes, we should always listen when a player's agent and an injured player swear they are 100% ready... especially when that player has a history of coming back too soon...

(Rolls eyes)
"..Chris Cabott of Steinberg Sports and Entertainment, told Yahoo! Sports that doctors have medically cleared him with no restrictions..."

"...
Tagovailoa’s doctor, Lyle Cain, said he’s pleased with the quarterback’s recovery nearly five months after surgery.

“I am extremely pleased,” Cain told Yahoo!. “If you told me four, almost five, months ago now that he’d be where he is now, I think I would have been very happy. I think he’s done extremely well for where he started out...”

index.jpg

As I said originally... ready to run around, but not to be hit... or to play.

Blah, blah oft injured, blah, blah. What a bunch of crap. Tua has had even less injuries than Herbert if we are going to use your "oft injured" standard.
Sure, disregard the risks and instead throw out comparisons to any Herbert injury, thats a bunch of crap. At least we have seen him play a full year since the last injury in 2018. Who said I was in the Herbert camp anyway?

Whats crap is trading your capital that you got by trading two starters for a risky QB that was carted off the field while havent seen anything but a 5 second video since. Its just dumb. Would you buy a used Ferrari that you have never seen in person much less started the car or drove it?

Chase that dream of a franchise QB because nothing else matters. Get him at all costs. Ignore the red flags. Trade the farm to get him. There are no other QBs that can help Miami, just Tua. Give me a break. Ryan Tannehill got his team to the AFC championship. We dont need to go all in on Tua.

You do whatever it takes to get the QB your staff has identified as the potential franchise QB. We need to stop acting like p*ssies and start behaving like a winning franchise. You know who traded up to get their QB? Chiefs and they got Mahomes. Mahomes had risk too - he wasn't even the top ranked QB of his class.
He didnt have an injury where he was carted off the field either. Everyone has some element of risk, just need to consider the red flags. I dont want my potential franchise QB coming in with a rare injury.

Sure, disregard the risks and instead throw out comparisons to any Herbert injury, thats a bunch of crap. At least we have seen him play a full year since the last injury in 2018. Who said I was in the Herbert camp anyway?

Whats crap is trading your capital that you got by trading two starters for a risky QB that was carted off the field while havent seen anything but a 5 second video since. Its just dumb. Would you buy a used Ferrari that you have never seen in person much less started the car or drove it?

Chase that dream of a franchise QB because nothing else matters. Get him at all costs. Ignore the red flags. Trade the farm to get him. There are no other QBs that can help Miami, just Tua. Give me a break. Ryan Tannehill got his team to the AFC championship. We dont need to go all in on Tua.
What's dumb is to trade away position players for draft capital and gutting your roster and then not coming away with a franchise QB. Why is it a bunch of crap to compare Herbert's injuries to Tua's? Because it doesn't fit your agenda? Herbert has had a broken collar bone and a concussion. Why hasn't Herbert been labeled as injury prone? What should be considered more concerning as injuries, sprained ankles, or a concussion? I've seen more players leave the league prematurely over concussions than sprained ankles. Tua has had ONE injury that should be concerning, and he has healed and has been cleared to play. Tua is still the same high quality QB prospect he has always been. It would be nuts for Miami not to do what it needed to do in order to acquire him. He is clearly the best option at QB that the Dolphins could get their hands on.

Yes, we should always listen when a player's agent and an injured player swear they are 100% ready... especially when that player has a history of coming back too soon...

(Rolls eyes)
No, we should listen to some random fan posting on a website who knows absolutely nothing about a player's health when everyone involved with Tua, including the medical professionals, are saying just the opposite of said message board fan. :rolleyes:

You do whatever it takes to get the QB your staff has identified as the potential franchise QB. We need to stop acting like p*ssies and start behaving like a winning franchise. You know who traded up to get their QB? Chiefs and they got Mahomes. Mahomes had risk too - he wasn't even the top ranked QB of his class.

Here are the circumstances.
Every organization has a level of risk they'll accept. EVERY organization. Some with a high tolerance of risk are successful. Some with a low tolerance of risk are successful. There is no 'right' way. In all likelihood, Miami's tolerance for risk doesn't match that of many posters. They'll be disappointed.
Every team creates a board. I know, it should be obvious, but many seem to lose sight. No one knows how Miami, or any team, ranks prospects. No one knows how close 2 prospects (e.g., Tua, Herbert) are on Miami's board or how much they may be willing to 'pay' to get one over the other. No one knows how they rank position needs. Yet, being fans, everyone 'knows' how Miami should pick and who they should pick, Thus, post-draft depression.
EVERY NFL team involved in trade talks has a max they'll give up. Talk of "whatever it takes" is wishful thinking. Won't happen.
The target team not only has a min offer they'll accept, but a floor on how far back they'll go. For offer 'A' they'll drop no further than, say, 3 spots. They already have in mind the guy they want and don't want to miss on TWO picks (their current pick and the trade down pick). With two similar offers, the least drop may be the tie-breaker.
The reason these are called trade NEGOTIATIONS is because the 1st offer can be, well, negotiated. Both sides know the other's offer isn't the 'final' offer. This can change when the clock is running, but, for now, the deadline is weeks away.

What's dumb is to trade away position players for draft capital and gutting your roster and then not coming away with a franchise QB. Why is it a bunch of crap to compare Herbert's injuries to Tua's? Because it doesn't fit your agenda? Herbert has had a broken collar bone and a concussion. Why hasn't Herbert been labeled as injury prone? What should be considered more concerning as injuries, sprained ankles, or a concussion? I've seen more players leave the league prematurely over concussions than sprained ankles. Tua has had ONE injury that should be concerning, and he has healed and has been cleared to play. Tua is still the same high quality QB prospect he has always been. It would be nuts for Miami not to do what it needed to do in order to acquire him. He is clearly the best option at QB that the Dolphins could get their hands on.
Who says the only franchise QB that works for Miami is Tua? You? Other Tua fan boys? Why cant you get a franchise QB outside of the top 5? Some recent ones come to mind in the last 2 years: Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes.

Sure lets take his word that he is 100%. What else is he supposed to say? Im sure he is healing nicely, that doesnt mean it wont be aggravated often in his NFL career.

...and again, weve seen Herbert play post concussion and collarbone. We have not seen Tua so youre praying he is fine. That my friend is the difference. Not saying HErbert is or will be better than Tua. My issue is I want my potential franchise QB on the field.

Same for those that disregard all reality to hold on to theirs...

Please. The I Love You Tuas are nuts. Defend all you'd like. You got guys on here with Tua avatar and sigs actually believing they belong in discussions.

That's like me trying to debate whether Marino #13 and Zach #54 are not the two best players of all time or that Marilyn Monroe was not the most delicious woman ever to grace the earth.

Every sports show this morning is running with the "Miami trading for the 1st overall pick" story.

It's literally everywhere

I just want the right QB. Whatever the price get the right guy here for 15+ years and everything else will work itself out. We already have the right coach, now get the right Qb and we could have a run like the patsies had!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom