Miami going to attempt to trade up to #1 | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami going to attempt to trade up to #1

Every sports show this morning is running with the "Miami trading for the 1st overall pick" story.

It's literally everywhere

I just want the right QB. Whatever the price get the right guy here for 15+ years and everything else will work itself out. We already have the right coach, now get the right Qb and we could have a run like the patsies had!!!!!
Welcome to they have nothing to talk about because there aren't any sport to talk about. They'll run this story into the ground, until the next big trade story involving Miami's Hoard of draft capital gets going.

...and again, weve seen Herbert play post concussion and collarbone. We have not seen Tua so youre praying he is fine. That my friend is the difference. Not saying HErbert is or will be better than Tua. My issue is I want my potential franchise QB on the field.
Why wouldn't I believe he is fine? He has been cleared without restrictions already. That wouldn't have happened if the doctors didn't believe he has healed, plus there is still six months before the season begins where he won't be asked to start anyway.

Please. The I Love You Tuas are nuts. Defend all you'd like. You got guys on here with Tua avatar and sigs actually believing they belong in discussions.

That's like me trying to debate whether Marino #13 and Zach #54 are not the two best players of all time or that Marilyn Monroe was not the most delicious woman ever to grace the earth.
Just because he has an Alabama sig doesn't mean he's wrong, and really, he isn't the only knowledgeable source saying what he does about Tua.
Also, there are extreme positions on both sides, I just saw a post this morning saying Tua will most likely be out for the upcoming season just 3 days after he was cleared for all activities with no restrictions. The guy I was responding to still wants to believe he can only run with no-contact. If they don't want to face reality, do they belong in the discussion?

I respect that people spend a lot of time scouting college players and they provide very informative posts and analysis. However, history shows very little is certain in the draft. Make the wise choice and be economical with the risk-taking. "If they think he's the guy" means nothing when whatever they think has too high of a chance of being wrong.

I really don't know why anyone would be opposed to this. People overvalue draft picks way too much. Draft picks are only valuable when you use them on the right players. When you draft turds like Dion Jordan and Charles Harris, they're essentially worthless. Most of the offensive linemen in this draft are pure trash, so I'm OK punting on drafting offensive linemen this year (at least in the first round) There are only a few linemen in this draft that I like (Cleveland, Biadasz, Driscoll, etc..) Those guys could be had in round 2 and beyond.

Jordan Love isn't a bum... put him in Burrow's team and he has gaudy stats too. He actually has a higher ceiling.

I say for all the SJW's who are propping up Love to put their money where there mouth is, if you think Jordan Love is the next QB going to Canton then bet on him each game and you should profit nicely, until that day comes i will continue to make supplemental income off betting against Cam Newton and the likes. Newton has been a virtual ATM machine for me. He's 0-8 in his last 8 starts but is still talked about like he is some relevant QB. He was actually a 4.5 point favorite in the super bowl vs Peyton Manning! Lamar Jackson was a 10 point favorite over Ryan Tannehill in the divisional round and that didn't work out too well. College football is even better as their are more lab rats running around who fans think are unbeatable.

I say for all the SJW's who are propping up Love to put their money where there mouth is, if you think Jordan Love is the next QB going to Canton then bet on him each game and you should profit nicely, until that day comes i will continue to make supplemental income off betting against Cam Newton and the likes. Newton has been a virtual ATM machine for me. He's 0-8 in his last 8 starts but is still talked about like he is some relevant QB. He was actually a 4.5 point favorite in the super bowl vs Peyton Manning! Lamar Jackson was a 10 point favorite over Ryan Tannehill in the divisional round and that didn't work out too well. College football is even better as their are more lab rats running around who fans think are unbeatable.

But Newton is 68-55 as a starter which means you would have lost more often than you won if you were trying to supplement your income by betting against him each game.

I would NEVER draft a player with as many past injuries as Tua... but that said, I agree with every single other thing that you said.

I understand that line of thinking. As I‘ve said many times, because of those injuries, I’m not in favor of trading up for him. For me, it’s #5 or bust. That’s the level of risk I’d be willing to take.

Because if it doesn’t workout, the Dolphins still have the other picks to plug holes or trade down to acquire more capital and next year’s picks. But trading a lot of picks and then not having it work would be a travesty.

If he’s gone by #5, I’m looking towards 2021 and riding with Fitzpatrick — as the team was already gonna do in 2020 even if they landed Tua. What’s one more season?

Regardless, we’re on the same page with regard not panicking to reach for or settle for just any QB from the 2020 class. In fact, sans Tua falling to 5, that’s precisely what I’d like to see the Dolphins do. Wait til 2021.

But I do understand your reticence over drafting him at all.

Food for thought.

People are holding it against Tua because his injuries "required" surgery.

Nobody "needs surgery" for a sprained ankle. Tua elected to have surgery so he wouldn't miss games and so he wouldn't ever sprain his ankles again.

So would you hold it against Tannehill if he elected to have surgery on his knee.....or do you hold it against him because he didn't and then suffered another (non-contact) injury on the same knee?

You can't have it both ways. I applaud Tua for being proactive and doing what it took to not miss games and insure he won't have a problem in the future. Had Tannehill done the same, he might be our current franchise QB, hard as that is to believe for some of you.

Point being I don't think we should fault Tua for electing to have surgery on his finger and ankles. Instead, I think we should view that as a a positive and a sign that he will do what it takes to get back on the field and win games ASAP.

To me that equals putting the team first, and I like that trait!

Blows my mind...

Some folks are soooooo childishly desperate to have one player that they'll disregard absolutely all reason... to hold on to their fantasy.
Also, these ones claim over and over that Tagovailoa is the best QB in the draft, and Miami should draft him no matter what. Umm... if he's the best, what makes them think Cincinnati isn't going to take him at one? Because he's not from Ohio? Please. Not a chance. The reason it's a foregone conclusion that Burrow is going first is because he's the best QB.

Also, these ones claim over and over that Tagovailoa is the best QB in the draft, and Miami should draft him no matter what. Umm... if he's the best, what makes them think Cincinnati isn't going to take him at one? Because he's not from Ohio? Please. Not a chance. The reason it's a foregone conclusion that Burrow is going first is because he's the best QB.

Why don’t you post this in a few other threads. I don’t think the previous 400 times is enough.

Back
Top Bottom