Miami going to attempt to trade up to #1 | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami going to attempt to trade up to #1

Thats a very logical conclusion- but to answer the question why Cincy might trade out? The owner and $
I have to ask......

What does $ have to do with anything?

The salary cap era has made it so even cheap a$$ owners have to spend reasonably close to what all teams spend on player salary.

The TV money is split equally, with all ancillary profits going to the individual owners, meaning that a "face of the franchise" player, like JB for example, puts a$$es in seats.

I don't think your rationale is realistic.

Miami should use their pic 18, next year's dolphins 1st, this and next year 2nd round picks to move up to number 2 overall. I'm not sure if that's enough...
But the idea is to draft Chase Young with number 2, Tua/Herbert at 5 and an OT with the late first rounder.

You get the QB you want, the elite pass rusher you want, and you solidify the line.

Hmmm...

Tua career YPA: 10.9
Burrow: 9.4

Tua's career %: 69.3%
Burrow: 68.8%

Ohhhh! Right! We're only counting Burrow's last season... My bad...
stats are not where i'd pick a fight with burrow. on the surface tua's may look good, but when you peel away the citadels and dukes and new mexico states of the world, his numbers take a nose dive. burrow, on the other hand, ****ing balled out even with 7 games vs top 10 teams.

stats are not where i'd pick a fight with burrow. on the surface tua's may look good, but when you peel away the citadels and dukes and new mexico states of the world, his numbers take a nose dive. burrow, on the other hand, ****ing balled out even with 7 games vs top 10 teams.
Oh I know... we're only counting stats from Burrow in 2019. That 4 game no TDs streak from 2018 doesnt count.

I am listening to sirius nfl radio and they are saying they hear that Miami might consider trading up to #1! I am not for giving up what it would take to do this! What do you guys think?
3 or 4 first round picks, which is too much. Cincinnati has no incentive to do the trade, which means they can demand a steep price. We need those picks if we are to rebuild. Even if you dont take a QB this year, use those picks this year to begin the rebuild then try to mortgage the whole draft next year if you have to try for Lawrence a la Ricky Williams draft day trade.

I have to ask......

What does $ have to do with anything?

The salary cap era has made it so even cheap a$$ owners have to spend reasonably close to what all teams spend on player salary.

The TV money is split equally, with all ancillary profits going to the individual owners, meaning that a "face of the franchise" player, like JB for example, puts a$$es in seats.

I don't think your rationale is realistic.
I was just addressing Paul Browns infamous reputation for not spending money as well as historical draft missteps. That’s all. It’s not my rationale - it was a rhetorical response as to why would Cincy even consider trading out of #1. Answer: the owner.

In response to all the comments about Tua and his injury history ---- what most of you fail to recognize (especially those Tua lovers) is that it is a near-CERTAINTY that he will have arthritis in his hip. 90% of people who have the same injury end up having arthritis develop in their life...the question is pretty much when not if...it could be 6 months from now, 6 years from now, or even later in life...there is no way of knowing. When I was blinded by my love for Tua I totally disregarded this but it truly is a serious concern.

The recent report of at least 1 team failing him on his physical has me uneasy.

Tua sending out a video to all 32 teams shows me that HIM and his agent are uneasy.

And the talk in Cincy is between Burrow and Herbert. Has Herbert jumped Tua?

All of this tells me that Tua is going to fall. No telling how far.

With that being the case...I think more than ever that were going to try and make a trade up to #1. If we don't succeed, then I could see us passing on Tua at #5 and hoping he slides to #18. If it works out then Grier would be celebrated as a genius.

Last edited:
Unless Lawrence suffers a major injury, there are only a handful of teams that wouldn't draft him at #1 if they were sitting there. Probably a good chance none of those teams are sitting there. He's probably the most solid QB prospect since Luck. I don't see any team sitting at #1 trading that spot away with him available.

But one of those teams could very well be the Texans.

We get 1st pick. They get.5 pick. That equal plus 18 and 26.... all right we still got 2 in 2nd ed and 1 and 3rd..
1.Burrow
2. Ot, rb
3. Ss

So basically the Bengals are dispelling the rumors about Burrow not wanting them, while also implying that they might not want Burrow (if they are willing to trade the first pick).

Gotta love draft season.

Supposed early in FA Joe Burrow communicated to the Bengals that he wants AJ Green signed long term and now he tells them I don’t want to be a Bengal? Sounds like who ever this guy is wants clicks with a bait.

why would the bengals risk a trade down when they can just take tua and be done with it?

Back
Top Bottom