Miami going to attempt to trade up to #1 | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami going to attempt to trade up to #1

TUA has 3 years of great play.

Burrow 1 year.

To be more accurate, I’d say 2 seasons and part of a third — since he didn‘t play as much his frosh year. But one really HUGE 2nd half of a really important game. As a true freshman no less.

Regardless, your point is one I’ve made many times the past 6 months. When trying to maximize the odds of hitting on a QB, it’s an important factor to consider IMO.

A three year star is a much better risk to trade up for than a one year wonder. But Tua’s hip concern has me not championing that type of move and instead hoping he falls to #5.

I really don’t understand why we are attacking each other on here, over our opinions on who the better QB is in this draft. Nobody knows how any of these guys will do in the NFL, and each of them have their pros and legitimate cons.

Joe Burrow was the best QB in college football this past season. He entered the season as a late round/undrafted projection, and left as the likely #1 pick in the draft. The knock is, he only played like that for one year. Which is certainly a concern. But you can find multiple starting QBs, Mahomes included, that you could’ve made the same argument against.

Tua is equally as impressive as a QB, and he’s done it for longer. The big knock on him is the injuries. I know at least one earlier poster would argue this, but yes, Tua IS injury prone. Missed a game due to a quad injury, 2 serious ankle injuries, and a dislocated hip, all within 2 season. Anyone with an impartial view would say there’s a major injury risk.

ive said it before, and I’ll continue to say it (until they inevitably draft a DT with pick 5). We have suffered for 20 years without a true franchise QB. Whoever this staff believes is THAT guy, we have to do whatever it takes to get him

To be more accurate, I’d say 2 seasons and part of a third — since he didn‘t play as much his frosh year. But one really HUGE 2nd half of a really important game. As a true freshman no less.

Regardless, your point is one I’ve made many times the past 6 months. When trying to maximize the odds of hitting on a QB, it’s an important factor to consider IMO.

A three year star is a much better risk to trade up for than a one year wonder. But Tua’s hip concern has me not championing that type of move and instead hoping he falls to #5.

In reality he wasn’t a starter in 2017...he was a backup to Jalen Hurts doing mop up duty, and he happened to get in for Hurts in his biggest moment in the National championship but he wasn’t the starter.

In 2018 he won the starters job over Hurts despite breaking his index finger in the spring that required surgery ...he sprained his knee against Missouri but played through it...a month later...he injured his left quad and left the game against Mississippi state.

He injured his left ankle against Georgia in the SEC championship that Bama was losing...Jalen Hurts came in and led a come from behind victory.

Tua gets the surgery on the ankle and returns to beat Oklahoma and lose to Clemson in the National championship game.

In 2019, Tua hurts the right ankle against Tennessee...has surgery and misses the Arkansas game....returns to get beat by Joe Burrow and LSU In Tuscaloosa.

And of course in the next game his hip injury against Mississippi state...and he misses the rest of the season.

So in summation... he was backup in 2017....in 2018 he had two surgeries and missed part of one game.

In 2019 he had two more surgeries and missed 3 full games and part of another.

So to call that 3 starting years is untrue.

He was the named starter in 2 seasons and missed playing time due to injury and surgeries in both seasons.

If there were to be a trade, do we think it will happen on draft night or before? Perhaps we might make an offer by the end of this week and then a final offer on draft night.

You get the feeling that whether it’s Burrow or Tua, Miami’s name will be called in a trade come draft night.

Surely they can’t see Herbert as a better option than JB or TT?

How about our #5, Rosen, X Howard and a 2nd to the Bengals for their 1st?
I would have absolutely no problem with that trade. Unfortunately I just don’t see the Bengals trading the pick. Burrow is the best QB in the draft and the only QB who can come in and be the starter from day one.

Herbert, Love and the remaining QB’s not named Tua all have huge question marks in regards to how effective they will be in the NFL. Tua appears to be very fragile and he will likely be out of the league in two or three years once he injures his hip again.

Other than Burrow, I just don’t see a long term answer at the QB position for the Dolphins in this draft and the Bengals would be absolutely nuts to trade away their opportunity to draft Burrow.

They should in my opinion attempt a trade up for Burrow... plan B, sit at 5 and gamble on Tua’s durability or Herbert’s potential....or draft Mechi Bechton at 5, trade up from 18 for Tua, Herbert
Or Love.

Id group Herbert, Love, Eason, Fromm, Hurts together. They all have some things they do well and some traits they are lacking. The right system and coaching can help them succeed. Tua and Burrow appear to be the only players capable of carrying a team, so if its not one of them, build that OL and then get your QB before pick 56.

Our QB will be available in next years draft after he wins another National Championship for Clemson- he will be ready to take over in Miami.
We have draft capital this year and next year!

Lets focus on the trenches in this draft and leave the keys to the car in Fitzpatrick's capable hands.
1 more year wont kill us. "No pun intended"!

They should in my opinion attempt a trade up for Burrow... plan B, sit at 5 and gamble on Tua’s durability or Herbert’s potential....or draft Mechi Bechton at 5, trade up from 18 for Tua, Herbert
Or Love.

We are on the exact same page.

How about our #5, Rosen, X Howard and a 2nd to the Bengals for their 1st?

If you were Cincy and we offered you that, would you even consider it for a second before hanging up the phone?

TFK

I don’t think the price is as expensive as people think. The reason being is that Cincy could still get a franchise QB (and possibly a better one) with the 5th overall pick. If this were a year with only one franchise QB on the board and no other alternatives, then the price would be premium.

I don’t think the price is as expensive as people think. The reason being is that Cincy could still get a franchise QB (and possibly a better one) with the 5th overall pick. If this were a year with only one franchise QB on the board and no other alternatives, then the price would be premium.

Agree. If Cincy sees Burrow as THE best prospect, I doubt they would consider a trade. If they're not convinced and, in fact, do want herbert plus picks, they can't price themselves out of a trade. Their best hope has to be DET, MIA, NYG. If one of those wants Tua, that's one down. If MIA wants Burrow, but have no problem with Herbert, MIA's offer won't be unreal. People act like Cincy has all the cards and teams want Burrow at all costs. Ditka isn't around anymore. And if Cincy refuses the picks, they have to take Burrow (their 2nd choice) or Herbert at a premium.

Our QB will be available in next years draft after he wins another National Championship for Clemson- he will be ready to take over in Miami.
We have draft capital this year and next year!

Lets focus on the trenches in this draft and leave the keys to the car in Fitzpatrick's capable hands.
1 more year wont kill us. "No pun intended"!

Unless Lawrence suffers a major injury, there are only a handful of teams that wouldn't draft him at #1 if they were sitting there. Probably a good chance none of those teams are sitting there. He's probably the most solid QB prospect since Luck. I don't see any team sitting at #1 trading that spot away with him available.

Back
Top Bottom