Miami Herald | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Herald

The whole Tannehill reinjury was totally maddening. That decision , not to operate, was 100% wrong and I would like to know who made that final decision because it cost the Dolphins the entire 2017 season. We have some nice pieces to build around on both sides of the ball but this team will only go as far as Tannehill can take it. He kind of shrinks in big moments and I never saw him fully overcome that tendency.

Everything we did in the off season, last year, was to build the offense around RT. We resigned Stills, we brought in a big name TE, he just didn't have big name talent anymore, we thought we fixed the oline with Larsen and Bushrod, then Ryan goes down for the year. With all the weather bs, schedule bs, referee bs, and other devastating injuries I'm ready to simply turn the page on what was a real bummer of a season.

Gase, who rode into this season on a white horse, ended the season dumping fan favorite Jay Ajayi, and fans are already about over his weird ways. He had NO Head Coaching experience when he was hired so it's a learn as you go type of thing. I think the staff should have a few more former coaches who have been to Super Bowls. This staff is very young and very short on play off and Super Bowl experience. I believe Gase's ego won't permit him to bring in veteran coaches to help him, that may very well, be his ultimate undoing.

We go into next year saying the same thing that we have said for several off seasons in a row. "This will be Tannehill's year." Will it?

My belief is as a GM if you are convinced a QB can be elite and that QB is still on the board you draft that QB unless you have a young franchise QB.

The whole Tannehill reinjury was totally maddening. That decision , not to operate, was 100% wrong and I would like to know who made that final decision because it cost the Dolphins the entire 2017 season. We have some nice pieces to build around on both sides of the ball but this team will only go as far as Tannehill can take it. He kind of shrinks in big moments and I never saw him fully overcome that tendency.

Everything we did in the off season, last year, was to build the offense around RT. We resigned Stills, we brought in a big name TE, he just didn't have big name talent anymore, we thought we fixed the oline with Larsen and Bushrod, then Ryan goes down for the year. With all the weather bs, schedule bs, referee bs, and other devastating injuries I'm ready to simply turn the page on what was a real bummer of a season.

Gase, who rode into this season on a white horse, ended the season dumping fan favorite Jay Ajayi, and fans are already about over his weird ways. He had NO Head Coaching experience when he was hired so it's a learn as you go type of thing. I think the staff should have a few more former coaches who have been to Super Bowls. This staff is very young and very short on play off and Super Bowl experience. I believe Gase's ego won't permit him to bring in veteran coaches to help him, that may very well, be his ultimate undoing.

We go into next year saying the same thing that we have said for several off seasons in a row. "This will be Tannehill's year." Will it?

Tannehill probably wouldn’t have been ready to play until November, even if he’d had surgery right after the initial injury to his knee.

Tannehill probably wouldn’t have been ready to play until November, even if he’d had surgery right after the initial injury to his knee.

Is this for truth tho?

Flacco injured his knee late November and by the time camp started in late July, Flacco was out there taking first team snaps. Sure he had a brace on but that was only 8 months.

My guess come week 1 he would of been ready. Putting him 9 months post rehab. I do agree 10 or 11 months would be ideal.

Back
Top Bottom