Miami Herald | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Herald

I like Tannehill but I go QB in round 1 if one of those guys is available. Doesn’t have to start day 1 / can be there to be developed.

Reactions: BSQ
I agree that we need to draft a QB. Not to start right now, but to have that person that will eventualy take over or push Tannehill. I heard on the radio that over the last 10 years or so the Patriots have drafted 9 qb's and the Dolphins have drafted 5 over the same time. All the while the Pat's had Brady and we have had squat at QB. They have brady and they still know they need to have someone that is being groomed to be the next brady in waiting. Hell thats how they discovered brady. It was when Bledsoe went down and in came brady. The dolphins have been happy the last few years with Moore at backup and havent even given the postion a thought but as soon as there starter went down they knew they had NO QB. So why were even wasting space with Moore if we had no use for him other than holding a clip board. Worst comes to worse we have a really good backup but Tanny is doing great. Now we can do like the Patriots and have a great trade chip in either the backup or even Tannehill

The one thing about draft a qb to remember. Even if Tannehill remains the starter and the qb you draft is only a good back up, in todays NFL you can trade a backup qb for a starter at most other positions.

I mean the guy was like 36 when they drafted AR and then played another three years before giving up the reins.

Tannehill is only 29 and that first round QB sitting 3 years is now a folk tale in todays NFL. Just doesn't happen.

And RT isn’t anything close to what Favre was. Favre is a HOFer.
RT is a decent starter, but anytime you have the opportunity to draft a possible upgrade at the QB position, you jump at it.

I agree with Cote. Tannehill is who or what he is. He is not a top 10 quarterback, but he is a middle of the road QB. The goal should not be just to maybe win the occasional wild card position but to consistently win the division and beyond. To do that, the QB has to be as good if not better than Brady.
Then we're doomed.

But he was “dropping dimes” last season until he got hurt.
do u not remember that amazing 8 game stretch he had? everyone around the nfl was talking about it how awesome it was, i thought i was watching aaron rodgers out there. who cares about every other game hes played in his career, that 8 game stretch was who he is, and he didnt get hurt, we prob beat pittsburgh in the playoffs, and possibly go to the superbowl.

do u not remember that amazing 8 game stretch he had? everyone around the nfl was talking about it how awesome it was, i thought i was watching aaron rodgers out there. who cares about every other game hes played in his career, that 8 game stretch was who he is, and he didnt get hurt, we prob beat pittsburgh in the playoffs, and possibly go to the superbowl.

LMAO not sure if serious

LMAO not sure if serious
well i am not, but some people on this site act as if that is what happened.

we as dolphin fans all wish we had the next great qb, but i am sure u feel the same way, while i was watching tannehill last year in that '' incredible 8 game stretch where we went 7-1'', i never felt like i was watching something special. sure he made some nice throws, etc, he had some good games, but ppl on here would have u thinking that he played at some elite level, yet no one around the nfl other than some fans on here thought anything of it.

when i saw desaun watson play this year in the 7 -8 games he played in, i saw something special, and it was devastating for all nfl fans, and obviously texan fans when he went down with the torn acl. u think anyone really around the nfl took notice of tannehill being out this season? The dolphins finished 6-10, which they have finished at that or worse in 2 of tannehills 5 seasons as qb. Nothing out of the ordinary for this team.

I agree with Cote. Tannehill is who or what he is. He is not a top 10 quarterback, but he is a middle of the road QB. The goal should not be just to maybe win the occasional wild card position but to consistently win the division and beyond. To do that, the QB has to be as good if not better than Brady.

Can you name me who's been better or as good as Tom Brady?

I'm a Tannehill supporter because he's our QB but we should always been looking to improve whenever we can and that includes the QB position. Now that doesn't mean that we have to draft one at 11 just to draft one. If there's someone there that they feel has elite talent then you have to at least consider it

Ozzy rules!!

Report: Ryan Tannehill will be ready for OTAs
7417.jpg

The Miami Herald reports the "expectation" is that Ryan Tannehill (knee) will be ready for the start of the Dolphins' offseason program in April.

Tannehill is roughly five months removed from "partially" tearing his left ACL and undergoing surgery. It's hard to believe he will be full-go for OTAs — the Dolphins have no reason to be that aggressive — but it's looking like he could be 100 percent for training camp. With Tannehill sidelined, the Dolphins' offense took a major step back in 2017.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom