Miami Hurricanes vs Florida Gators! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Hurricanes vs Florida Gators!

1. You can't overturn an incomplete pass ruling with a review that was questionable at best. It was especially bad when it was questionable if the receiver was in bounds and actually made the catch.

2. Meyer running up the score will come back to haunt him.

what sucks about it, is that the bcs has really taken all sportsmanship out of college football. the ncaa is more worried about td celebrations than teams running up 70 points on the other team. you tell me which is worse?

That ref in the washington - byu game should lose his job....that was a joke!

That ref in the washington - byu game should lose his job....that was a joke!

It was a mandatory call as the ref was not allowed to use judgment. I actually feel bad for the ref because he was forced to make that call given the current NCAA rules specifically prohibiting throwing the ball in the air. Way to take the emotion out of the game NCAA!

Urban Meyer is a piece of trash, trying to run up the score with a minute left. The gators are going to get what is coming to them.

By Michael Cunningham |South Florida Sun-Sentinel2:11 PM EDT, September 7, 2008 CORAL GABLES - Miami coach Randy Shannon said the 26-3 loss at Florida on Saturday boosted his recruiting, and not just because the Hurricanes competed for three quarters as heavy underdogs.

Shannon didn't mention Florida coach Urban Meyer's name, but implied that Meyer's decision to kick a field goal in the final seconds fired up some UM recruits who called him after the game.

"Sometimes when you do things and people see what kind of person you really are, you turn a lot of people off," Shannon said Sunday. "Take from that what you want. It helped us more than you will ever know."

Shannon wouldn't elaborate but he apparently was referring to Florida's field goal with 48 seconds left. The score added another contentious chapter to the on- and off-again rivalry that isn't set to resume again until 2013.

After Florida ended a six-game losing streak to Miami, Shannon and Meyer exchanged cursory handshakes on the field. Later, Shannon said he heard from recruits who were traveling back from the game.

"They were calling us and saying, 'I am still coming to Miami. I'm excited about it. Coach, you guys played well," Shannon said.

Full Article

It was a mandatory call as the ref was not allowed to use judgment. I actually feel bad for the ref because he was forced to make that call given the current NCAA rules specifically prohibiting throwing the ball in the air. Way to take the emotion out of the game NCAA!

They had the head of officiating from one of the conference's on atlanta sports talk radio this morning, and he said they are told to use their judgement on that type of call, it is not a mandatory flag. It seemed odd to me, do you know what conference the officials were from?

By Michael Cunningham |South Florida Sun-Sentinel2:11 PM EDT, September 7, 2008 CORAL GABLES - Miami coach Randy Shannon said the 26-3 loss at Florida on Saturday boosted his recruiting, and not just because the Hurricanes competed for three quarters as heavy underdogs.

Shannon didn't mention Florida coach Urban Meyer's name, but implied that Meyer's decision to kick a field goal in the final seconds fired up some UM recruits who called him after the game.

"Sometimes when you do things and people see what kind of person you really are, you turn a lot of people off," Shannon said Sunday. "Take from that what you want. It helped us more than you will ever know."

Shannon wouldn't elaborate but he apparently was referring to Florida's field goal with 48 seconds left. The score added another contentious chapter to the on- and off-again rivalry that isn't set to resume again until 2013.

After Florida ended a six-game losing streak to Miami, Shannon and Meyer exchanged cursory handshakes on the field. Later, Shannon said he heard from recruits who were traveling back from the game.

"They were calling us and saying, 'I am still coming to Miami. I'm excited about it. Coach, you guys played well," Shannon said.

Full Article

Urban's a punk, and probably will be gone by the time 2013 rolls around. Seems like another coach that thinks he can make it in the pros. Karma is a *****, and he will get his soon enough.

They had the head of officiating from one of the conference's on atlanta sports talk radio this morning, and he said they are told to use their judgement on that type of call, it is not a mandatory flag. It seemed odd to me, do you know what conference the officials were from?

PAC-10.....lol.

RULE 9
Conduct of Players and Others Subject to the Rules

SECTION 2. Noncontact Fouls

Unsportsmanlike Acts
ARTICLE 1. There shall be no unsportsmanlike conduct or any act
that interferes with orderly game administration on the part of players,
substitutes, coaches, authorized attendants or any other persons subject to
the rules, before the game, during the game or between periods.
a. Specifically prohibited acts and conduct include:
2. After a score or any other play, the player in possession immediately
must return the ball to an official or leave it near the dead-ball spot.
This prohibits:
(a) Kicking, throwing, spinning or carrying (including off of the
field) the ball any distance that requires an official to retrieve it.
(b) Spiking the ball to the ground [Exception: A forward pass to
conserve time (Rule 7-3-2-d)].
(c) Throwing the ball high into the air.
(d) Any other unsportsmanlike act or actions that delay the game.

http://deseretnews.com/blogs/1,5322,19,00.html?bD=20080906

(a) Kicking, throwing, spinning or carrying (including off of the
field) the ball any distance that requires an official to retrieve it.
(b) Spiking the ball to the ground [Exception: A forward pass to
conserve time (Rule 7-3-2-d)].
(c) Throwing the ball high into the air.
(d) Any other unsportsmanlike act or actions that delay the game.
http://deseretnews.com/blogs/1,5322,19,00.html?bD=20080906

BORING!

When I want to watch good execution and sound football, I watch the NFL. When I want to watch kids having fun and emotion, I watch NCAA. All these rules have taken away from the excitement of college football. I understand the negativity and individualism of excessive celebrations but this tihs is nonsense. For the large majority of college football athletes this will be the last time they will ever be able to play the organized game they love. Let the kids play and enjoy themselves.

I don't want to play Florida in a bowl game this year...I don't want to be swept by those a$$holes. We should kick them in the teeth in '13 though.

There are other teams I would like to see payback against first, like ND or Ohio Taint. Florida will get their own.

I think we may get through the ACC this year and possibly the ACC title game, then play ECU or Fresno State in the Orange Bowl.

The entire key is our passing game, and I don't know if Nix has the balls to pull anything off.

Back
Top Bottom