Miami Is Just.... Bad | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Is Just.... Bad

This team struggles to score over 21 points a game - and it's been like that for decades. In todays NFL, where the rules have been adjusted so that teams can score more points.....well, you have to score more points.

This was an automatic loss, there was no need to even watch this game. Brock (and our injuries) + Rodgers + cold weather + game in Green Bay = automatic Dolphin loss.

I looked at my phone every now and then and saw 6....then 9, then 12....Yep, typical Dolphins.

We have to be the NUMBER 1 team in the NFL for kicking field goals since Marino's retirement. If we are not number one, we are top three.

This team can't score with Tannehill, can't score with Brock, couldn't score with Cutler. When we do score over 21 ,it's typically a defensive score, or a Special Teams score that got us over 21 points. First quarter TD's are also like a miracle around here.

Green Bay could have been 1 - 8 and we would have still lost this game.

Of course we've been over Tannehill taking sacks. Yet, someone always says what he would have done and how much better the team would have been if he played, or how he extends plays. That's why I brought that stat up. How long are people going to jeep defending Tannehill and the choices this organization makes?

This team has been like this when healthy. Blame this loss on injuries. Blame miami winning the division only 3 times since 1994 on injuries. This team is bad when healthy. Let's be real. Some of you have your head so far up Miami's *** that you are optimistic instead of being realistic.
This team was 3-0 before the injury bug hit. We lost Sitton and Kilgore then Tunsil in the 4th against Cinci and we’ve gone 2-3 while losing 2 starters a week since. Don’t know how we win with 50% of the starters on IR?

This team was 3-0 before the injury bug hit. We lost Sitton and Kilgore then Tunsil in the 4th against Cinci and we’ve gone 2-3 while losing 2 starters a week since. Don’t know how we win with 50% of the starters on IR?

There was a game in between the 3-0 and CIN fwiw.

There was a game in between the 3-0 and CIN fwiw.
Yup NE in NE and we don’t play on the same level as that team, most don’t but if I remember correctly we lost Sitton the week before and Kilgore that game.

All this griping from fans... really?

GET LIVES.

Half the team on IR, going into one of the toughest, most storied houses in the league against a Top 3 QB.

This was pencilled in as a L from the moment the schedule first came out in April.

You would think we just lost to the bills at home. :rolleyes:

Yeah yeah, injuries. Maybe they should stop drafting and signing fragile and old players. Maybe they should have drafted a young QB to groom behind a mediocre QB who has spent the past two seasons on IR. It also doesn't help when you draft busts like Parker and Harris with your high picks.

And it still doesn't explain the shitty game management, and worse, the godawful defensive scheme and coaching. But sure, cool, it's all because the injuries (again). Hopefully next year we can join the rest of the teams in the league and have no injuries to deal with.

Of course we've been over Tannehill taking sacks. Yet, someone always says what he would have done and how much better the team would have been if he played, or how he extends plays. That's why I brought that stat up. How long are people going to jeep defending Tannehill and the choices this organization makes?

Why do you care if people defend the organization? It's an internet message board. If people didn't defend the organization, you'd have nobody to argue with.

You should be on your knees thanking posters like <name redacted> and <name also redacted> for posting in defense of the Miami Dolphins organization so that you have someone to insult, get banned for insulting, and then re-register to get mad at all over again.

All this griping from fans... really?

GET LIVES.

Half the team on IR, going into one of the toughest, most storied houses in the league against a Top 3 QB.

This was pencilled in as a L from the moment the schedule first came out in April.

You would think we just lost to the bills at home. :rolleyes:

Always something funny about somebody telling others to get a life on a message board.

Anyways, this was a very beatable Green Bay team. At least for any halfway competitive team. A mediocre 8-8 team should give them a run for their money and we couldn't even muster that.

I think the injuries 'excuse' is fair. Look at who this team is down right now on offense:

- Starting QB
- Starting TE (Gray)
- Starting WR (Wilson)
- 4 Starting OL (Tunsil, Sitton, Kilgore, James)

And at various points this season we've been down Parker and Stills... looks like we're now down Parker and Grant.

Keep in mind that I've previously argued that Adam Gase entered this season having seriously screwed up with his offensive scheme and direction for the 2018 season. I think there are real, legitimate complaints there. Why are the Dolphins not taking advantage of the fact that referees are now emphasizing contact to a defender going for the football? You can throw over the middle of the field now and if a defender tries to separate your receiver from the football, that's a foul. Why are the Dolphins throwing rinky dink **** on the perimeter when you can get Parker and Gesicki between the hashes boxing guys out for the football?

So yeah, I think there are definitely things you can point to and say "Injuries are not the issue." But on the flip side, even if everything WAS designed well... the injury situation is gruesome.

I don't know what's going to happen with Gase. I don't feel inclined to get mad either way. I just know that if he is retained, he has a lot of work to do.

I have the dam feeling that everybody will get a pass because of the injuries: from Tannenbaum down....

I think the most likely scenario I can predict, based on everything I know about all parties involved is that Matt Burke is going to be fired and Mike Tannenbaum is going to be given a new job title that is essentially a demotion.

Steve Ross is going to do what Steve Ross knows how to do and compartmentalize rather than sack people. Mike Tannenbaum is gonna be put in charge of oversight of the sports science or some B.S. like that. If he doesn't like it, he and the Dolphins will 'mutually agree to part ways.' Ireland II.

Back
Top Bottom