Miami tried to get TWO 2nd round picks for Myles Jack & Xavien Howard. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami tried to get TWO 2nd round picks for Myles Jack & Xavien Howard.

Had we gone CB in the 1st round and drafted Jack in the second everyone would be complaining we did not address OL.

Wish in one hand **** in the other.

if tunsil and apple are there at 13, I would hope we are still selecting tunsil.

you don't pass on elite talent.

Had we gone CB in the 1st round and drafted Jack in the second everyone would be complaining we did not address OL.

Wish in one hand **** in the other.

We had too many holes this year.

if tunsil and apple are there at 13, I would hope we are still selecting tunsil.

you don't pass on elite talent.

I'm not arguing you on that I'm just telling you the plan going in was corner if staying at 13 and to trade up for jack in round 2...

i get not trading back when a top bpa falls in your lap but you have to know when you make that tunsil pick if you want jack and not to give up a current 2nd rounder (42) in the process so you can take a corner with it or use it as a corner chip you better pony up a future top 2 round pick to make it happen...if it does at all...most teams in the early 2nd round want that bird in the hand pay you today not pay you next Tuesday for a hamburger today cause they are also trying to acquire talent for the here and now

I am happy now. Thanks for caring Dolphins front office. glad we actually got a physical cb and not a project over drafted in round 1.

I dreamed we got Tunsil, Jack and Howard, and the knee was never an issue for Jack. mmmmmm

After drafting Tunsil, I am happy to hear the Dolphins realized they NEEDED that 2nd rounder to address CB. In years past, Jeff Ireland would have looked in the mirror, winked at himself and picked a CB in late rounds because he assumed he was smarter than everyone else. The guy had a permanent "Yolo" approach to the draft that we are still recovering from.

I'm glad we got Tunsil instead of Eli Apple.

Giants fans are pissed about that pick.

And most media outlets ranked him the biggest reach in the draft.

Personally I had a huge smile across my face when I realizes we wouldn't have a chance to make that mistake.

Apple went at #10 and Tunsil fell into our lap, but I will go to my grave believing that Apple was probably the player they had earmarked as the best fit for the 1st round. Time will tell how it plays out and among the CBs who ends up having the best career. I think that we ended up giving up the 4th to move up and take Xavien Howard in the 2nd, because they got a little desperate if there was a chance that he wasn't going to be there.

Back
Top Bottom