Miami's Main Competition for #1 Overall Pick | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's Main Competition for #1 Overall Pick

Yep, and they ended up with a borderline average "franchise QB" that they reached on. Bears are a poor example, IMO, because the reason why they aren't a legit contender is 100% because of the QB.

Point being.... if you need a QB and a guy is available who you are sold on.... you absolutely take him 10 times out of 10. It's far easier to fix the other positions.

I suspect the Bears sere 'sold' on Trubiski. Just like the Jags were sold on Bortles, the Bucs were sold on Winston, and the Titans on Mariotta. Like everyone here, I'm not AGAINST drafting a QB with the 1st pick. I'm uncomfortable with all the Tua WILL be an elite QB. And many are saying what you do . . . "if you need a QB and a guy is available who you are sold on . . ."
If Flo is sold on herbert and picks him over Tua, will all those people say 'well, he picked the guy he wanted. That's good.'

No guarantee we'll be in position to get to Trevor after solidifying oline and whatever else. It's hard enough to tank 1 season let alone 2. You take a quarterback when you have one you love within your grasp and don't look back
We won't need to tank. We have 2 1s and 2 2s in that draft. We may need to acquire 1 more somehow, but we can package them and move up. Ideal, no, but if we get 10 starters between next year's draft and FA (absolutely possible), we give up the 2021 draft for Lawrence if Rosen doesn't work out.

Well hell, if Arizona were to get the first pick again, who's to say they wouldn't draft a QB and trade Murray? Seems to be their MO.

So if the Dolphins finish say....third worst, does the NFL investigate the other teams as tankers? Seems the media hates what the Dolphins have done (fans too mostly), but the outrage is funny.

We won't need to tank. We have 2 1s and 2 2s in that draft. We may need to acquire 1 more somehow, but we can package them and move up. Ideal, no, but if we get 10 starters between next year's draft and FA (absolutely possible), we give up the 2021 draft for Lawrence if Rosen doesn't work out.
In a perfect world but if there's a quarterback needy team sitting at one no way they're going to trade it.

The only way there ISN'T a QB needy team sitting at #1 is because their young, real QB is out for the year from injury. There's nobody that fits that bill.

Any other team is more than likely going to take Tua at #1.

Cinci and Washington are my bets. Both are not that good, Although Haskins has the tools to turn things around in DC.

Cinci and Washington are my bets. Both are not that good, Although Haskins has the tools to turn things around in DC.

I see the Bengals as a 4 or 5 win team, then again I'm used to counting the two Cleveland games as sure wins.

I will be rooting against Pit and Hou. How great would it be to get 3 top 10 picks? Not likely but...

That being said, I have not seen a team as bad as the 2019 Dolphins since the Bucs of the 70's so I don't think we have much competition. That OL will keep us out of most games, if not all.

I'm not to sold on drafting a QB at all. Think it's best to fix the OL and get Defense. Like the Bears did. Then we start Rosen and see what he is made of. If a fail thing. We ammo up to get Lawrence

Are you serious with this post? It’s like this entire fan base has Stockholm Syndrome.

Back
Top Bottom