Michael Smith says Porter to Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Smith says Porter to Miami

We need this guy bad. We have to get him. He's only going to be 30, so he's got some very good years left. I can't even say how bad I want him to be a Dolphin.

you've got to remember that Porter complained about getting 4mil last year and the reason that he was released was because he was thought to be a holdout on this years camp. Do we have the dough to swing it?
ill chip in

Joey Porter would be a nice fit as a Dolphin, but I can't see it happening. We can't afford to pay the kind of $$$ that Porter is going to be asking. We aren't going to be big players in FA.

Not that a response like this hasnt been posted but just imagine............ LDE Holliday NT Branch RDE kevin carter OLB JT or superman whichever name u call him ILB Thomas ILB Crowder OLB Porter woooooooooooooooooooooooow i would love quinn to fall to us but my god that would be ungodly front 7 even if traylor is our nt its still insane god im excited!!!!!!!!!:dolphins:

For ALL of you that say we can't afford him, I say this. With the 3 cuts made today we could easily afford him. Not to mention that he would not have to pay state income tax, live in Miami and play for a good defensive coach. I think it a real possibility.

Joey Porter is an OLB, right? man that would make our defense SICK. that would also mean that we are not gonna pick OLB in the draft...so no more "gaines adams, or lamar woodley"...unless our coaches believe that Rod Wright and Matt Roth cant play DE too well. i was shocked when i heard he got cut, i was like ":confused:"

now all we need to do is sign...id say an offensive guard...and that solidifies our draft...that definetely means LT, WR, CB will be addressed in the first 3 rounds.

Not to mention a coach that used to coach him. And the chance to play with Zach and JT. I bet he wants to. We need to pay him whatever it takes.

These sorts of linebackers -- it should cost you a first round pick to trade for a guy like him. So what if we have to overspend a little. He is NASTY, and a bargain without spending a pick to get. GET HIS *** IN A PHINS UNIFORM!

If Miami manages to sign this guy and possibly get a solid corner their defense would be unbelievable and very fun to watch next season.

Back
Top Bottom