Michael Smith says Porter to Miami | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Smith says Porter to Miami

Im scared That miami will sign Donnie Edwards instead

For probably 1/2 the money that Porter is gonna get too. Donnie Edwards was still in on almost every play last year for the Bolts. He doesnt have many years left, but, the difference would mean us getting a top-notch Olineman also, and still a SERIOUS upgrade at OLB:wink:

I like the new Avatar BTW Dom.

The world isn't ready for Porter, Thomas and Crowder, with a part time Jason Taylor...

I would be stoked if we did pick him up. That LB core would be sick.

The world isn't ready for Porter, Thomas and Crowder, with a part time Jason Taylor...

I would be stoked if we did pick him up. That LB core would be sick.
^^yerah that, we would have one of the best LB cores in the league. But honestly if you ask me, the fins need to offer him a contract TODAY, not tommorrow, TODAY, if we want an honest shot at signing him. Because I have been hearing the Cards want to make a great run to get him.

Oh and by the way {not you, off topic}, all fin fans think Joey Porter played for Dom Capers, HE DID NOT! He was drafted about 5 years after Capers left. But hey that doesn't stop us for signing him. :D

Pittsburgh Knows Better Than We Do

Warning: It's a trap! Don't sign Joey!

How do I know? Easy.

Pittsburgh has a history of releasing its great LBs when their contracts are up (Greg Lloyd, Kevin Greene, Levon Kirkland, Kendrell Bell) and not one of them went on to do anything.

That's because Pittsburgh isn't dumb. They know these guys' best days are behind them. And they know now it's not worth paying Porter for what he can provide.

They know he's spent. We'd be wise to take his release as a sign of that, and keep in mind all these other 'great' LB cuts.

Warning: It's a trap! Don't sign Joey!

How do I know? Easy.

Pittsburgh has a history of releasing its great LBs when their contracts are up (Greg Lloyd, Kevin Greene, Levon Kirkland, Kendrell Bell) and not one of them went on to do anything.

That's because Pittsburgh isn't dumb. They know these guys' best days are behind them. And they know now it's not worth paying Porter for what he can provide.

They know he's spent. We'd be wise to take his release as a sign of that, and keep in mind all these other 'great' LB cuts.

Kevin Greene had some pretty good years after his stint with the Steelers, registering 10.5, 12, 14.5, and 15 sacks in his final four years with Carolina and SF.

This would be a great move. Aside from his physical playing skills, I think his greatest impact would be in a different way. I think any Steelers fan could tell you how much of an emotinal leader he is. That kind of an emotion is what can spark a team to play at a higher level.

Porter=system made player

I don't know if he will fit in here or not. Money spent on him would be better served to go towards building a really good line for Ronnie to run behind.

Back
Top Bottom