Michael Smith says Porter to Miami | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Smith says Porter to Miami

According to PFT and the NFL network guys the favorite to sign Porter is the Bengals, he could sock it to the steelers twice a year. Arizonia is also a possibility.

BENGALS, CARDINALS EARLY PORTER FAVORITES
The early buzz in league circles regarding linebacker Joey Porter is that he'll initially explore opportunities in Cincinnati and Arizona.
In Arizona, Porter would rejoin former Steelers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt, former Steelers offensive line coach Russ Grimm.
In Cincinnati, Porter would have a chance to stick it to the Steelers twice per year.
Should be interesting.

I don't want him as bad as you guys do but if he came I would be happy.

What doe Whisenhutt or Grimm have to do with a linebacker? :confused:

I think he would much rather play for Capers, AGAIN!

the thing is, michael smith is proving his lack of worth as a sports writer. PORTER NEVER PLAYED FOR CAPERS. he was drafted by the steelers 4 or 5 years after capers was already gone. there really is no connection between the two.

as for the cardinals and bengals...he would not be a horrible 4-3 linebacker and hes not putting his hand back in the ground so that rules the cards out. the bengals have been said to be implementing a 3-4 package but that may be 30% of the defensive snaps if they do implement it so the bengals wouldnt be a good fit either.

the most likely destination is the Jets or 49ers if they miss out on Adalius.

I'm not holding my breath...it'd be a nice pick up but he's gonna cost a lot..if we do get him then we might not get Dielman...if we get them both then we're done with free agency for the year but I'd be happy.

Ozzy rules!!

Yeah, I want Porter. But y'all need to be reasonable! One guy coming in and making us #1 D in the NFL, with no change in the secondary?! People, our safeties and CB's are our weakness. Yeah, Porter is an upgrade at LB, but he won't make us #1 unless our secondary improves. No one expected the Steelers to cut Joey P, but now they have a new coach... so expect some team to break the bank to get him. I want him badly, and think he is very good... but come ON y'all! Be reasonable! All it takes is ONE idiot sportswriter to mention he THINKS we MIGHT be the best fit for him, and ya'll go NUTS? If so, LOVE it. But realize, it's probably not gonna happen.. come on Fin Fans!

This is nonsense

Michael Smith has no information that the Miami Dolphins are interested in Joey Porter. What he's doing isn't journalism, it's speculation based on something as inane as the fact that Capers was the Steelers defensive coordinator--five years BEFORE Porter was drafted. Are we going to sign someone from New Orleans because Capers coached defense for the Saints in the eighties?

Its not going tohappen but man that would be a sweet pick up.

dont get worked up people. Listen to what Cam and Mueller are saying about taking it easy with all the money. I think the most important thing is to get Dielman and somone like Cato June or someone like that might be more realistic.

Porter is going for bank. I only say this so everyone doesnt have a caniption let down in the end.

Back
Top Bottom