Michael Turk...Dolphins Next Punter? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Turk...Dolphins Next Punter?

Am I the only one who didn't like Matt Turk? Him getting ready to field a snap reminded me of a dog about to do his business on a neighbor's lawn. But I remember him more for his days with the Jets than the Phins.

Now analytics encourage NFL teams go for it more often on 4th down, especially near midfield, are big-legged punters more valuable than directional-punters?

Meaning: coaches may be most likely to concede and punt if the drive didnā€™t cross the 50-yard line, requiring a strong leg to pin the opposition back.

Am I the only one who didn't like Matt Turk? Him getting ready to field a snap reminded me of a dog about to do his business on a neighbor's lawn. But I remember him more for his days with the Jets than the Phins.
I never really had an opinion. He was a punter.

I recall Matt Turk laying out a couple of guys with big hits during his career. It's depressing, but internet search features have become so neutered and aggressively useless that I can't find a clip of them anywhere.

Because, there are too many who are way too sensitive. They would call for YouTube to be canceled if it allowed such horrific displays of violence.

/S

Now analytics encourage NFL teams go for it more often on 4th down, especially near midfield, are big-legged punters more valuable than directional-punters?

Meaning: coaches may be most likely to concede and punt if the drive didnā€™t cross the 50-yard line, requiring a strong leg to pin the opposition back.

All of these guys can punt it 60 plus yards if it's needed.
It's more important to be accurate and get hang time than to be long.

I think that's exactly what the fins are going for here. With McDaniel's propensity to go for it anywhere around midfield, the value of complementing that with the long ball punter makes a ton of sense.

Wow, the off-season is long. I was almost done reading page 2 then realized I am reading a thread about punters and snapped out of it!

When are OTA's?

Why not just sign Araiza, it'd be a major slap in the face to the Bills and it seems like he got completely screwed over by some psychotic girl.

It's a shame in modern society you can be ruined so easily and teams don't even want to risk any negative publicity.

Apparently the knock on him is he canā€™t directionally puntā€¦ guess will see if they can work on that with him.
If he can get an increased hang time of over a second, why worry as much about direction?

Besides, I'm sure he can change the dircetion he kicks in to to "place" the ball where it needs to go.

Back
Top Bottom