Mike and Mike said.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike and Mike said....

I agree. If I had to rank the options:

1. Marty Schottenheimer with Mike Shula as the assistant head coach.

2. Chan Gailey with Mike Shula as the assistant head coach.

3. Mike Shula

4. Jim Mora

5. Dom Capers

6. Cam Cameron

I would move Mora above Shula, and insert "wait for the Bears season to end and hire Ron Rivera" to #3, but other than that, I agree.

heard this on espn2 this morning, no link.
Expect Marty to be let go from the Chargers today, and expects the dolphins to move quickly to name him our new HC........This Sucks!:fire:

I don't believe that is exactly what was stated. They had Mort on just now and he said that talks with Dean Spanos went well in SD and he is not even thinking about leaving the Chargers. He did say that something will be known about Shotty today or tomorrow and if he gets canned he'll become a candidate for the Miami job.

If Marty and Coach Comb-Over are both here, we will have the most conservative team in the history of football.

If Marty were 20 years younger maybe. But he's almost 64 years old. How much does he have left??

If Marty is available, we need to grab him. I'm pretty sure Shula was backing Marty as his replacement when he retired, and I'm sure he still would.

I like Marty, but his bad luck in the playoffs has to be taken into consideration,(isn't winning the SB the whole point) as well as his age. He's 65 yrs. old, how much can he have left in the tank. Are we suppose to throw the job at him, only for him to possibly relize he does'nt want to go at this rate anymore. What if he does build the team but can't get us any where? Then we're back to square one. I agree he's probably our best option, but that is what sucks about the whole situation, it's a bad year to need a HC.

Bro, he had the vision to build that team..right?

Good coach, good personnel skills. We've been lacking over the years in both categories. Maybe Marty is the key.

His team also runs the 3-4, so he shouldn't have a problem with Capers and I believe Houck was his o-line coach before he came to the Dolphins. He would be the best hire by far. Considering who's out there, it's not even close.

Marty would be freakin incredible! I don't think it's going to happen though, Marty said he's confident he's staying yesterday.

I'm really starting to warm up to the Mike Shula idea though.

well if i had to name the possibilities in order they would be as follows

1.marty
2 marty
3.marty
4 marty
5.marty
6. etc.

AJ Smith is the Key

Thank you!

AJ pulled off the Vick deal that netted LT and Brees. He also pulled off the Eli deal that netted "Lights Out" and Rivers.

The man's nit the nail on the head twice with Franchise QBs. Not too mention he also added the best RB in the game and one of the best young Defensive stars in the game.

What he's done is nothing short of a miracle.

He turned a laughing stock into a talent loaded roster. He's got 9 Pro Bowlers this year... think he's not good?

Maybe that's why Brian Shottenheimer mysteriously removed his name? Marty would be an upgrade over what we have right now. His age (64) is a concern. We were ripping Gailey because he was perceived as being close to the dirtnap stage and Marty's 9 years older. Also, the assumption is he'll get fired after a 14-3 season? If so, how much competitive fire can Marty have to "start over" and turnaround another franchise? Marty's been coaching a long time and Cowher who is much younger needed a "break". Marty would be a huge asset but I think we're at the swishful thinking stage.

Really, Marty only made one big mistake that shouldnt have mattered in that game (the wasted challenge/TO). Its his players that dropped a dozen passes and fumbled and muffed punts all day. Can't blame that loss on him. Id be happy with him, just the age worries me a little. We could be looking for a new coach again in a few years.

Back
Top Bottom