Mike and Mike said.... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike and Mike said....

Ya, I did'nt relize we had a QB as good as Rivers, a RB as good as LT, a FB like Neal, and a bad *** OL. Your right, Marty is all we're lacking!!! We'll be 14-2 next year if we get him.

Marty didn't inherit that talent did he? 3-4 yrs ago the Chargers had one of the worst O-line in football.
Be open minded and give the guy credit. He has turned around every team he has coached. What were the Browns before he got there many yrs ago? They were an NFL doormat, as they are now.

Good article on Marty

I think Marty would be great for Miami - I'm tired of losing during the regular season, forget about the playoffs...

Good article about Marty and the Charger's playoff loss for you all -

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9932331/1

Best line - "San Diego is out of the playoffs not because it played too much Martyball but because it didn't play enough of it."

And he gives a good shot to Cam Cameron - "The club's offensive coordinator [Cameron] did exactly what the Chargers should not have done at precisely the wrong time -- which was to pay more attention to people like Vincent Jackson and Eric Parker than to star running back LaDainian Tomlinson."

Marty won't be let go, he is a good coach who gets a bad rep from postseason failures but SD would be stupid to let him go. he took them to a 14-2 record while making a switch from Brees to Rivers, thats impressive. it's not his fault they keep losing in the postseason, they had 3 turnovers. the coach has nothing to do with that

Please god make this true. Schotty would really save this head coach search which has been... just horrible to this point.

Yeah, I'd really hate to go 14-2! Might choke in the playoffs, might not, but at least we'd get there! 1 star
:confused:
It's not that Shottenheimer is a terrible coach but having LT, Gates, Neal and a mean defense helps. He would definitely jump to the top of the list (along with Gailey)of candidates we have interviewed so far but I'm not really happy with any of the names out there. Slim picking if you ask me.

from what is being reported as finalists, Marty is definitely my #1 choice. you cant argue his teams have been very good, outside Wash and I dont think anyone will be successful in wash, Yeah his playoff record is poor, but so was Cowhers til he won one and all that was forgotten and he is a great coach. all it will take is marty winning one and he will be considered great like all coaches with 200 wins. yes he has made mistakes, but he has had some bad luck as well. the fumble for one. He also was in a divisional playoff game with a qb that is in his first year starting. Yeah there is teh side that he should have ran the ball more as a result of that, but he doesnt call the plays and he thinks enough of rivers to let them call what they will. Here he would have capers running the defense and Garrett running the offense, he would be the head figure who makes the hard decisions but allow the coord to run their units and call the plays. we could do much worse than Marty.

It wasn't Marty's vision. He never built the Chargers.

Of course not...what was I thinking. Marty had no say in the team's personnel. He just tagged along and rode the wave of everyone else's talents in SD, Cleveland and KC. He is talentless hack.

I stand corrected...

Adam Schefter was just on NFL Network, and reported that Mora has been WOWING everyone with his interviews, and that his enthusiasm for the job is making him the current leading candidate. Although I'd certainly prefer Marty, and I hope he gets fired, I could live with Mora. He's young, and from what I've been hearing he sounds very hungry for the chance to turn us around. I like Mora's attitude / fire, and if he's hired I'll support him....

At least Chan Gailey isn't being mentioned anymore, and that's great news in my opinion....

PHINZ RULE!!!!!

I'd personally rank the options this way:

1) Chan Gailey
2) Marty Schottenheimer
3) Dom Capers

If Mike Shula comes aboard to apprentice under any of the 3, all the better.

I really don't want to contemplate any other options. Jim L. Mora in particular frightens the heck out of me. Didn't we just lose a coach who would rather work in college?

Back
Top Bottom