Mike Gesicki preaching patience | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki preaching patience

The Pats gave Smith 12.5. So I don’t know. Either way he’s worth it. I can see him hitting 1,000 yards.
Pats overpaid. I just think at the end of the Day Gesicki gets probably 11M AAV.

He starts at 13.5M, phins should start at 9M. Meet in the middle and maybe a higher % of guaranteed money And comes into like a 5 year 55M deal with 40M guaranteed.

Maybe add a Void year or too, and could get him closer to the "13.5M AAV" at least on paper. anyway

Pats overpaid. I just think at the end of the Day Gesicki gets probably 11M AAV.

He starts at 13.5M, phins should start at 9M. Meet in the middle and maybe a higher % of guaranteed money And comes into like a 5 year 55M deal with 40M guaranteed.

Maybe add a Void year or too, and could get him closer to the "13.5M AAV" at least on paper. anyway

That’s probably accurate. Fake money in football. It’s everywhere. But guaranteed money can get you a “hometown discount.”

That’s probably accurate. Fake money in football. It’s everywhere. But guaranteed money can get you a “hometown discount.”
Yep. The ONLY position I dont think that applies to is the QB. You got one you will pay one, maybe they leave a couple mil on the table. But your Hometown discount IMO with a QB is the Structure of the money. And is there enough in say the Bank of Josh Allen to free cap space up for future. That is how you see QB contracts going, think of it like escrow.

Here is the issue.
*Gesicki is top 5 pass catching TE.
*Possibly the worst blocking TE (not sure anyone is worse).
*Agent wants Gesicki to be the 3rd highest paid TE (13.5 million) behind Kittle and Kelce.

So.
*Kittle and Kelce are both top 5 pass catching TEs.
*Kittle and Kelce are both top 5 blocking TEs.

See the problem here? I like Gesicki as much as the next guy but 13.5 million a year is not a reasonable number for a TE that cannot block.
At this point, we have to compare Gesicki with WRs because outside of the receiving part, he does nothing well for a TE, doesnt block(and shouldnt be really used to do it anyway), isnt particularly physical and doesnt break tackles. So with that out of the way, Gesicki is about what? top ~25 WR in the NFL... We're talking about an APY around 8-12Mper imo.

While not knowing what he would ask for, I do think re-signing Gesicki should be seen as a priority. I'd argue this at any point, but especially when he looks like one of the few players left on the team this season actually able to play football. The fact that he seems to be a great guy and loves the team and city only reinforces this belief. Sign him up.

Yep. The ONLY position I dont think that applies to is the QB. You got one you will pay one, maybe they leave a couple mil on the table. But your Hometown discount IMO with a QB is the Structure of the money. And is there enough in say the Bank of Josh Allen to free cap space up for future. That is how you see QB contracts going, think of it like escrow.
I wonder if an NFL team would ever try to pull a Bobby Bonilla deal? Defer the money like a pension for 20-30 years. If it could be done with theirs CBA. That guy wanted to make sure he never went broke. Lol

I wonder if an NFL team would ever try to pull a Bobby Bonilla deal? Defer the money like a pension for 20-30 years. If it could be done with theirs CBA. That guy wanted to make sure he never went broke. Lol
It wasnt the contract through. The annual payments are the Mets messing up and working with him on a buy out deal. In 2000 when the Mets decided to buy out his contact they were cash strapped and thought annual payments with an 8% interest rate was better than the cash up front. They were wrong.

He’s a really good guy, regular middle class dude. He’s so passionate And adds so much to the offense. Just imagine for a moment what he could be if he was used properly.
Are you suggesting he learn how to block? - LOL

It wasnt the contract through. The annual payments are the Mets messing up and working with him on a buy out deal. In 2000 when the Best decided to buy out his contact they were cash strapped and thought annual payments with an 8% interest rate was better than the cash up front. They were wrong.
Good to know. That guys still making million a year. For 14 more years too. Lol

Here is the issue.
*Gesicki is top 5 pass catching TE.
*Possibly the worst blocking TE (not sure anyone is worse).
*Agent wants Gesicki to be the 3rd highest paid TE (13.5 million) behind Kittle and Kelce.

So.
*Kittle and Kelce are both top 5 pass catching TEs.
*Kittle and Kelce are both top 5 blocking TEs.

See the problem here? I like Gesicki as much as the next guy but 13.5 million a year is not a reasonable number for a TE that cannot block.
Nice analysis!

The fact that he was getting such limited snaps early on is a testament to Flores’s ineptitude as a coach. This offensive staff is dreadful/

Back
Top Bottom