Mike Gesicki preaching patience | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki preaching patience

Pats overpaid. I just think at the end of the Day Gesicki gets probably 11M AAV.

He starts at 13.5M, phins should start at 9M. Meet in the middle and maybe a higher % of guaranteed money And comes into like a 5 year 55M deal with 40M guaranteed.

Maybe add a Void year or too, and could get him closer to the "13.5M AAV" at least on paper. anyway
If the team uses a contract format like they did with "X", which includes specific goals to be met, a contract a little on the high side might be worthwhile.

I hope we resign him....it won't happen if he wants top TE money. The Top TEs can catch and block. He is a liability in the blocking category.

Good to know. That guys still making million a year. For 14 more years too. Lol
"In 2000, the Mets agreed to buy out Bonilla’s remaining $5.9 million contract.

Instead of paying that cash up-front, the team agreed to give Bonilla $1.19 million per year for 25 years. The payments were deferred, starting in 2011. His annual pay includes a guaranteed 8% interest rate."

"In 2000, the Mets agreed to buy out Bonilla’s remaining $5.9 million contract.

Instead of paying that cash up-front, the team agreed to give Bonilla $1.19 million per year for 25 years. The payments were deferred, starting in 2011. His annual pay includes a guaranteed 8% interest rate."
“ Since 2011, Bonilla has been paid approximately $1.19 million by the New York Mets each year and he will receive that same amount every year until July 1, 2035. Some fans refer to these payments on July 1 as "Bobby Bonilla Day".[2][3] This was part of a deal made when the Mets released Bonilla before the 2000 season while still owing him $5.9 million for the final year of his contract. The deal expires in 2035, at which point Bonilla will have been paid $29.8 million for a season in which he did not even play for the Mets.[4] Bonilla also has a second deferred-contract plan with the Mets and Baltimore Orioles that was initiated in 2004 and pays him $500,000 a year for 25 years.”

“ Since 2011, Bonilla has been paid approximately $1.19 million by the New York Mets each year and he will receive that same amount every year until July 1, 2035. Some fans refer to these payments on July 1 as "Bobby Bonilla Day".[2][3] This was part of a deal made when the Mets released Bonilla before the 2000 season while still owing him $5.9 million for the final year of his contract. The deal expires in 2035, at which point Bonilla will have been paid $29.8 million for a season in which he did not even play for the Mets.[4] Bonilla also has a second deferred-contract plan with the Mets and Baltimore Orioles that was initiated in 2004 and pays him $500,000 a year for 25 years.”
He absolutely took these teams to the woodshed in their buyouts.

I am all for resigning Gesicki. Maybe it’s one of the few draft picks Grier has been a part of that contributes not only in his rookie contract but follow on contract. This is more rare than a unicorn with wings.

That's the biggest thing that has changed my mind.

We need more people who give a sh1t about the Dolphins and their fans, not for their own self and $.

He needs to keep this attitude after getting paid though.
Gesiki is someone who will keep his attitude and performance up even after a big new deal. He is genuine.

He actually graded better than Pitts athletically in everything but the 40; I think you might be letting some color bias in here; or maybe it's just media; either way; the guy is a top 5 split TE right now.

Color? Gtfoh with that crap.

Pitts is the prototype TE that plays like a WR. Still i say poor mans because G-man gets no hype and no love. Thats all.

With most of their WRs constantly injured, Gesicki should just be considered a WR. If his blocking skills are poor, then it won't matter quite as much. They did draft Hunter Long... where is he?
We drafted a TE in a round where quality OL guys couldve been found when TE wasn't even a need...or Was It?

We dont have a true dual threat TE on the roster unless Long, hopefully can be that. My worry is that he's so bad at blocking that his middling receiving skills make him redundant with Smythe or Shaheen. That's what I warned about when we drafted him. I saw scouts report that his blocking was embarrassingly bad.

Holy ****, I need his agent. Greatest agent of all time.

I love Mike Gesicki. On a side note, that's a helluva camera angle making it look like the stands are full. :lol:

Guys run patterns short of the sticks cuz the DB is usually there 2 yards deeper and make achieving the completion harder. The thought is 'get the ball, Then fight for the yards', IMO.
I dont agree.
How about start the cut deeper than the yard marker than come back just a little to make the throw easier to complete? Run a 7 yard out then come back about a yard?

We drafted a TE in a round where quality OL guys couldve been found when TE wasn't even a need...or Was It?

We dont have a true dual threat TE on the roster unless Long, hopefully can be that. My worry is that he's so bad at blocking that his middling receiving skills make him redundant with Smythe or Shaheen. That's what I warned about when we drafted him. I saw scouts report that his blocking was embarrassingly bad.
I'm not surprised. Most of Grier's picks don't seem to be very good at the position they were drafted for (Jackson at OT, Iggy at CB, etc.), and if they are, then Flores makes them play at a different position.

Back
Top Bottom