Mike Gesicki Vs Mike Evans......... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki Vs Mike Evans.........

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Club Member
Reaction score
Let’s compare Gesicki to Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Mike Evans.

Gesicki is 16 pounds heavier than Evans, and Evans barely beats Gesicki in the 40-yard dash with a 4.53-second run to Gesicki’s 4.54-second run. However, Gesicki puts up a 41-1/2” vertical jump to Evans’ 37” vertical. Also, Gesicki beats Evans in the 3-cone (6.76 seconds to Evans’ 7.08 seconds), in the 20-yard shuttle (4.10 seconds to Evans’ 4.26 seconds), and in the 60-yard shuttle (11.33 seconds to Evans’ 11.58 seconds). Gesicki tests as a much better athlete than Evans.

Interesting comparison, but lots of phenomenal athletes have disappeared from the NFL once they take that first big hit. I hope he’s got the toughness and will to block that it will take to make a career out of his athletic abilities.

Interesting comparison, but lots of phenomenal athletes have disappeared from the NFL once they take that first big hit. I hope he’s got the toughness and will to block that it will take to make a career out of his athletic abilities.

David Boston!!!

Let’s compare Gesicki to Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Mike Evans.

Gesicki is 16 pounds heavier than Evans, and Evans barely beats Gesicki in the 40-yard dash with a 4.53-second run to Gesicki’s 4.54-second run. However, Gesicki puts up a 41-1/2” vertical jump to Evans’ 37” vertical. Also, Gesicki beats Evans in the 3-cone (6.76 seconds to Evans’ 7.08 seconds), in the 20-yard shuttle (4.10 seconds to Evans’ 4.26 seconds), and in the 60-yard shuttle (11.33 seconds to Evans’ 11.58 seconds). Gesicki tests as a much better athlete than Evans.
Your post does bring up an interesting concept. What if we had a 4 WR formation with him out wide? That sounds like a CB/Safety nightmare with the right route tree.

Your post does bring up an interesting concept. What if we had a 4 WR formation with him out wide? That sounds like a CB/Safety nightmare with the right route tree.

I think that’s the point really...he has the size to become a complete tight end if he chooses that path...but...worst case scenario I think we have a Mike Evans type WR (Maybe Better?) who should be a seam and red zone nightmare for our opponents.

I think that’s the point really...he has the size to become a complete tight end if he chooses that path...but...worst case scenario I think we have a Mike Evans type WR (Maybe Better?) who should be a seam and red zone nightmare for our opponents.
I'm thinking more along the lines of we start out in a 2 TE set and the defense is aligned for that and then we change alignments.... That could be a serious problem for someone the first few times we do it.

I'm thinking more along the lines of we start out in a 2 TE set and the defense is aligned for that and then we change alignments.... That could be a serious problem for someone the first few times we do it.
That is an excellent point. A situation where the team comes out of the huddle in one formation, then switches it all together with multiple players moving to new areas of the field.

If we trust Smythe or whoever wins the 2nd TE role to split out wide, we could start in an I-Formation with one of the TE as FB/H-back then end up in 4 wide sets. I mean it’s not like we don’t trust Drake out wide. If every single skill player can legitimately run routes and catch, it could be a great situation for a skilled play-caller such as Gase.

It's obvious the kids a great athlete... We have to hope he's equally a great N F L footballer..

But yea -- the upside is pretty much unlimited.

Back
Top Bottom