Mike Gesicki Vs Mike Evans......... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki Vs Mike Evans.........

That is an excellent point. A situation where the team comes out of the huddle in one formation, then switches it all together with multiple players moving to new areas of the field.

If we trust Smythe or whoever wins the 2nd TE role to split out wide, we could start in an I-Formation with one of the TE as FB/H-back then end up in 4 wide sets. I mean it’s not like we don’t trust Drake out wide. If every single skill player can legitimately run routes and catch, it could be a great situation for a skilled play-caller such as Gase.
We could also have a smaller speed set, with Drake, Wilson, Grant, Amendola, and Stills, or a heavy package with Ballage, Gore, Gesicki, Smythe, and Parker!

I guess people have talked a lot about increasing speed on D, we have effectively increased speed on O if Gesicki replaces a lot of the snaps Landry got.

The change in formation idea is a great one, going back I thought we would have done it a lot when we had Reggie Bush, I imagine with Gase though we will capitalise on the mismatches.

I think that’s the point really...he has the size to become a complete tight end if he chooses that path...but...worst case scenario I think we have a Mike Evans type WR (Maybe Better?) who should be a seam and red zone nightmare for our opponents.
If that’s worst case, I’ll take it.

We could also have a smaller speed set, with Drake, Wilson, Grant, Amendola, and Stills, or a heavy package with Ballage, Gore, Gesicki, Smythe, and Parker!
Just reading this...on paper this offense is quick and fast.

Bad example. David Boston was a beast in the nfl until knee injuries took him down. The Boston we got was a mere shadow of the one that came into the league. Ohio state did produce one of them though. Vernon gholston.

Also steroids took David Boston down.

The one issue I have with Gesicki is that he doesn't have much run after the catch ability. Although, not many TE do.

The one issue I have with Gesicki is that he doesn't have much run after the catch ability. Although, not many TE do.

Except (this was from last season)
https://247sports.com/college/penn-...-immense-value-of-Mike-Gesicki--106626296/Amp
The 6-foot-6, 250-pounder leads the nation’s draft eligible tight ends in receptions of passes that went a minimum of 20 yards according to Pro Football Focus’ Austin Gayle.

“Gesicki will often beat defenders on short and intermediate routes, but he is arguably at his best when targeted deep down the field,” said Gayle. “He led all draft-eligible tight ends with seven catches for 301 yards on deep passes (20-plus yards) in 2016.”

The New Jersey native already holds Penn State single season records for receptions by a tight end (49) and yardage (679).

41.5-percent of that record-breaking yardage came on yards after the catch per PFF, ranking him at the top of the conference.

I may be the only one, but I could care less about his blocking. This guy is going to beat linebackers for chunk yards, and I can't wait to watch it.
Amen to that, Shannon Sharpe himself said if you want to go to the HOF forget about becoming a blocking TE.

Back
Top Bottom