Mike Mayock, The Draft Guru......... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Mayock, The Draft Guru.........

Jake Long wasn't a terrible pick, had he not gotten hurt, he'd have been an all-time great.

If you want to go further back...Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers.
Both apply...Matt Ryan should have been the pick, regardless of Longs status at that time.

Mayock has the Raiders taking the the tackle McGinley at 10, I'll be shocked if that happens, so not sure he's right that both Edmunds and Rosen fall to us. IF they do, despite how much I love Edmunds, I don't see how we can pass up on a player that could transform our franchise. I'm taking Rosen, if that's me.

He also has the Bills moving up to 6 to take Allen, I'm not buying into all the logic behind Allen being the Bills guy, think it's a smokescreen and Rosen or Mayfield is whom they are targeting. I think they do trade up and pick Rosen. In that scenario we are left with a choice between Allen and Edmunds, no way I'm going QB in that situation.

The other thing I think is suspect with Mayock's mock is he has Arizona staying put behind us. If Rosen is still on the board, I doubt they stay put.

Top and bottom of it for me is that I don't see a likely scenario where Rosen falls to us at 11, if he does we have to take him. Edmunds would be a great pick if Rosen's not there at 11, but personally I would probably look to trade back to get in position for Jackson or Rudolph.
Completely agree. Edmunds is my 1A....unless Rosen's there.

Both apply...Matt Ryan should have been the pick, regardless of Longs status at that time.

Meh, Ryan is a choke artist who wasn't special in college and isn't special in the pros either. Long was a special talent, had it not been for the knees there's no question who would have had the better career.

On the other hand, Pat Mahomes went 10th WITH a trade up. Not crazy to say Lamar Jackson can't go 11th...imj

Meh, Ryan is a choke artist who wasn't special in college and isn't special in the pros either. Long was a special talent, had it not been for the knees there's no question who would have had the better career.
Rarely do OTs last longer in the league than a QB, especially given both are heathly

If the first ten picks fall as Mayock has predicted, it certainly does leave our front office with a "tough" decision:

- Tremaine Edmunds is a really talented LB who should be an upgrade over the players we already have at that position.
- Minkah Fitzpatrick goes next in the draft and he's one of the best DB prospects in the draft.
- Vita Vea is probably my favorite DT prospect and he could be an ideal replacement for Suh on our D-Line.
- Josh Rosen is arguably my favorite QB prospect in this year's class. If he's there are 11 it could make sense to try and sell the pick. We could trade with Arizona if they wanted to ensure they get a QB and no team jumps above them to get one (e.g. Patriots). At 15 we should still be able to get a good player.

I'd be happy with any of those players.

Rarely do OTs last longer in the league than a QB, especially given both are heathly

True, Long was just so much better as a prospect though, I follow VT cuz my bro went there and Ryan wasn’t overly impressive at BC. I honestly think RT was a better prospect coming out so I’m happy how it all worked out. Hopefully we make the right choice and take the VT guy this year.

Last edited:
I too wanted Ryan, but I was team Quinn but everyone was.

???....Ryan was 2008 draft, Quinn was 2007 - I never though much of Quinn and didn't want him at all (we took Ginn...blech..he stunk with us) and I wanted Willis, Revis, Olsen (watched him play locally in high school) or a few others but not Quinn.

I thought the Jake Long pick in 08 draft was great....he seemed like a no brainer for us at the time and no one knew he'd be plagued by the injury issues later on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom