Mike McDaniel | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike McDaniel

GreenDolphinSt

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
OK it's too early for this, as the OC will probably be Studs or Godsey, and there are so many names currently, but what the heck.

I like Mike Mcdaniel for OC. Very innovative in the run game, and has learned in the passing game from great coaches. Mcdaniel was in charge of the run game, Shannahan was in charge of the play action passing game, and Mike Lafleur was in charge of the drop back passing game. Of these the first 2 were what really stood out watching the niners, not Lafleur's part. Similar in concepts to the Rams ( if not in coaching tree?-not sure) - both reaching the SB last 2 years without an elite QB. I think Etienne would really thrive in Mcdaniel's offense, as would Waddle, Toney, Rondale Moore, or Demetric Felton. He's never called plays in the NFL as far as I know, so it's a bit low floor, high ceiling, but I'd go for it! Too early, and it probably won't happen, but interesting viewing regardless.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he’s one of the better, or more intriguing options. I like that he’s supposedly learned from a lot of guys, young and “innovative” ... i mean that 49ers run game was working with just about anyone or was that more shanahan’s scheme? But bring some of that in here and open up the passing a bit more and we could be in business

i bet it’s Godsey though which just feels meh

I love the idea of someone from the 49ers organization. I think they have the most exciting and innovative run schemes in the whole NFL and I think Tua's skillset would compliment their style of offense perfectly in their passing game schemes. The 49ers are the team I would be looking at as the model for what I would want a Tua led offense to look like.

I love the idea of someone from the 49ers organization. I think they have the most exciting and innovative run schemes in the whole NFL and I think Tua's skillset would compliment their style of offense perfectly in their passing game schemes. The 49ers are the team I would be looking at as the model for what I would want a Tua led offense to look like.

im not sure that he’s a ideal fit for that 9ers passing game concept wise

where’s that come from?

im not sure that he’s a ideal fit for that 9ers passing game concept wise

where’s that come from?
Really? Why not? I think Tua would be a better version of what Jimmy Garoppolo is. The Niners seem to be a quick rhythm passing game with a lot of play action. Am I wrong?

Really? Why not? I think Tua would be a better version of what Jimmy Garoppolo is. The Niners seem to be a quick rhythm passing game with a lot of play action. Am I wrong?

they want to work off pa as much as possible and when the run game is rolling they can. No doubt.

I think tua is gonna prove over time best in an empty set ask offense where his process information can show most.

empty and rpo but the run portion of the rpo ask has to do its part...

any qb should be able to thrive in a play action based pass o gives you easy reads etc so I’m not saying don’t work out of it or anything I’m just saying I wouldn’t paint tua with that brush yet. I’ve seen a lot of QBs who if they don’t run a heavy pa based pass game the warts show up. Baker mayfield for example perfect example. You put too much on his plate and he implodes.

Tua is gonna have to show me that he needs that before I shift to it. And in the process he’d be showing me his warts etc. I just don’t think secondary pocket reads will prove to be his kryptonite

You got to remember too the 9ers are running that entire offense thru a in line and flex tight end who is top shelf at both.

something Miami doesn’t have. Concepts wise unless we added something that was that dominant we’d be shifting into running our o thru something else. But that in line and flex play from that tight end drives not only the pass game but the run game too with regards to pa etc

they sprinkle in a run thru contact Jack of many trades types etc in the South Carolina kid who is a bull and they roll running backs out the wood work thru and never miss a beat.

I like what I see in the power-I and offset-I concepts. Harkens back to a certain offense in Texas many moons ago.

Can we get a FB not named Wilkins for some of this?

Back
Top Bottom