Mike Wallace vs Dwayne Bowe - Very possibly your starting Miami Dolphins 2013 #1 WR | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Wallace vs Dwayne Bowe - Very possibly your starting Miami Dolphins 2013 #1 WR

I think it is really too early to say. If our D plays great and our one glaring hole is WR i could see us going after a Wallace AND using a higher pick. Who knows. Why would wallace not fit the west coast? From what ive seen hes a fine routr runner..and he eats cushion like nobody else. He opens up everything for everyone else...hes great at the 9 route..but lets not act like thats all he can do.

mike wallace is what miami envisioned clyde gates being when they drafted him...i'm not sure i see miami spending the money on either guy to be honest but if i had to pick one that i think they would be willing to give a 5 year $45 mil or so deal to it's bowe...if mike wallace is looking for $60 mil he can pound sand...

while we're at it i hear another vertical deep threat stephen hill is tearing it up with the jets so far...making plays even on darrelle revis...gulp

as others said mike wallace eats up db cushions like there's no tomorrow he can run deep outs and comebacks til the cows come home cause dbs are DEATHLY afraid of his vertical speed and acceleration...

If D.Bowe has a big year this year, I think the Cheifs will resign him.

mike wallace is what miami envisioned clyde gates being when they drafted him...i'm not sure i see miami spending the money on either guy to be honest but if i had to pick one that i think they would be willing to give a 5 year $45 mil or so deal to it's bowe...if mike wallace is looking for $60 mil he can pound sand...

while we're at it i hear another vertical deep threat stephen hill is tearing it up with the jets so far...making plays even on darrelle revis...gulp

as others said mike wallace eats up db cushions like there's no tomorrow he can run deep outs and comebacks til the cows come home cause dbs are DEATHLY afraid of his vertical speed and acceleration...

I don't buy that statement at all, not one bit. CJJR has trouble with Revis, so does Andre and Larry. So for a rook to come in who isn't anywhere near those guys, beat up on Revis sounds like a crock of bs to me.

I don't buy that statement at all, not one bit. CJJR has trouble with Revis, so does Andre and Larry. So for a rook to come in who isn't anywhere near those guys, beat up on Revis sounds like a crock of bs to me.

i didn't say he was treating him like his step sister...and i'm not even sure they're in full pads yet...but i did hear he's getting run with the 1's FROM JUMP...and rex ryan has been praising the heck out of him for being more than just a guy that can run 3 routes with speed

he caught a 40 yarder on revis today the first play with sanchez...

I'd take Wallace. Speed kills in today's NFL and Wallace is a true #1 and hes a top 3 deep threat in the league.

Bowe might be slightly more well rounded but he can't get over the top like Wallace can.

Matt Barkley and Mike Wallace 2013!!

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

(Half joking about Barkley)

Mike wallace hands down. We should have the money next season to sign him and still keep the core of this team together. He is younger, alot faster the bowe but will cost more $$ but not by too much. Wallace is a legit top 10 WR, Bowe may be top 20 but is like 4-5 years older i think. For me its a no brainer Mike Wallace

i wonder why the steelers won't pay the kid...there must be some character issues there or something...and now they pay antonio brown $42 mil which pretty much rubs it in wallace face...

his demands must be obnoxious

I never said you started those threads. You misunderstood.

It's a discussion. Bowe will clearly be the smaller priced player, as he seems to really want to come home. Wallace appears to have true elite ability. It's a discussion board.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

You're misunderstanding. They certainly "developed" their own talent, but they also give large contracts to players who are worthy. Jennings gets paid $8 million a year. Shouldn't they have just let him walk if it's so simple to develop true #1 WRs?

Did they sign someone to a huge "free agency" contract? No, no they didn't. But is there really a true difference between a free agency contract and a re-signing that is of equal dollar amount? You need talent. Tell me, who on our roster seems to scream talent and top flight capability? I know, I know, we all love Gates (we being Madden players) but there's very little ability flashed.

I completely agree that we have to see what is on our roster, but a very real possibility is that Miami goes after one of these two. They made a contract offer to Vincent Jackson. That alone kinda destroys your theory.

imo if we wanted either or both not saying we will sign either , BUT if we wanted either or both it would be no prob to sign both if we wanted them ,and still sign all of our FA players to contracts we will have 50+mill next year to play with .and its about time because its been a while since we was out of cap hell.

Actually we could get both. We are supposed to have like 60 million. We could resign long and get both

There is no way Miami could afford to sign both those players. I agree that either or perhaps both could be F/A targets next off season, but the finances will not be there after signing their own F/A's. Signing both could mean Miami loses Jake Long!!! Not sure I'd want that.

there will be other factors sure, but next year money won´t be one of them, we have like 60 Million in Cap Space next year

Let me ask you a question ..... Mike Wallace feels he deserves Top WR money (think Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson contracts). You actually in your right might believe we would offer that to him? Really?

This is not correct. Wallace wants Vincent Jackson's contract, five years at $55 million. Calvin Johnson just signed an eight year $132 million contract. Mike Wallace isn't asking for that.

i didn't say he was treating him like his step sister...and i'm not even sure they're in full pads yet...but i did hear he's getting run with the 1's FROM JUMP...and rex ryan has been praising the heck out of him for being more than just a guy that can run 3 routes with speed

he caught a 40 yarder on revis today the first play with sanchez...

And then he pulverized Revis in blocking.

Back
Top Bottom