Mike Wallace vs Dwayne Bowe - Very possibly your starting Miami Dolphins 2013 #1 WR | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Wallace vs Dwayne Bowe - Very possibly your starting Miami Dolphins 2013 #1 WR

Was that all Ireland? Did Parcells have nothing to do with it?

Jeff Ireland was the GM. He negotiated the deal. Even if you're stuck on this idea that Parcells was running the personnel department (he wasn't), you should keep in mind that Parcells had already taken a big step back by that off season (2010) and admitted his involvement in personnel matters had gotten gradually less and less each off season since 2008.

All I'm looking at is what Ireland has done with full reign this off-season and a coach who repeatedly has reiterated they don't need a superstar #1 for his system. Nothing about Ireland's dealing with players this off-season leads me to believe he's willing to break the bank right now .... especially in light of other contract extensions the team is going to have to decide the fate on.

Everything I've read about Wallace's demands are exorbitant. Last time I checked, guys making that kind of money are far more versatile. Players like Fitz, Megatron, and Andre Johnson. I'd pay those guys in a heart beat.

Again you're not paying attention to the details, when you bring up someone like Calvin Johnson. His contract is 8 years and $132 million. The contract Vincent Jackson signed with the Bucs this off season is 5 years and $55 million. It's been reported that Mike Wallace wants that Vincent Jackson contract. There's no comparison. Megatron makes 50% more money per year than Vincent Jackson.

Further, in the wake of this Antonio Brown signing (5 years, $42.5 million) which has essentially concluded the negotiations process between Wallace and Pittsburgh, Wallace's price will come down even further. The Steelers had a 5 year, $50 million offer on the table that he refused because he wanted Vincent Jackson's money. Wallace gambled and lost, and now he may be lucky if another team gives that same 5 year, $50 million offer to him after they have to trade a pick for him. Or if he continues his holdout but plays in Pitt this year that could hurt his numbers and he'll be a year older so you fast forward to 2013 and the offer could be lower based on the turmoil.

The Packers are paying Jennings $8 million a year and they'll probably have to pay Nelson $10 million a year. You say Joe Philbin "doesn't want a #1 WR"...you're right, he doesn't want a #1 WR...he wants as many #1 WRs as he can lay his hands on.

Getting rid of Brandon Marshall had nothing to do with being somehow allergic to talent. It had everything to do with Marshall's behavior over the years which Philbin doubtless learned about in exit interviews. One chat session with Karl Dorrell was probably enough.

i was wondering about a contract offer for vincent jackson also...i never saw anything of the such...i don't know that green bay ever had the money in free agency that we could have this year either if we let a lot of pretty average guys walk...they seem to always lock up their players cause frankly they're studs...i don't see the green bay and miami situations as being apples to apples with philbin...

if philbin wants this o to run like a well oiled machine in the future he's gonna need to upgrade the wr talent...period...draft or free agency they better do something

ck jordy nelson signed a 3 or 4 year like $12 mil extension prior to last season...green bay locked him up...til he holds out cause that moneys peanuts

USC has a Wide Receiver named Robert Woods who I think is the real deal. If we have a chance to draft him next year, I would rather draft him over bring in Bowe or Wallace. Here are some highlights.....and if we can't get Woods, than draft Matt Barkley at QB. =)

[video=youtube;Xdy-uum0FvE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdy-uum0FvE[/video]

i was wondering about a contract offer for vincent jackson also...i never saw anything of the such...i don't know that green bay ever had the money in free agency that we could have this year either if we let a lot of pretty average guys walk...they seem to always lock up their players cause frankly they're studs...i don't see the green bay and miami situations as being apples to apples with philbin...

if philbin wants this o to run like a well oiled machine in the future he's gonna need to upgrade the wr talent...period...draft or free agency they better do something

ck jordy nelson signed a 3 or 4 year like $12 mil extension prior to last season...green bay locked him up...til he holds out cause that moneys peanuts

They're going to have to give him a contract before 2013. He's not going to play out that contract and I think everyone knows it. It's a 3 year, $13.4 million deal and he's already played one year of it. There's precedent all over the league including in Green Bay that contract extensions don't typically get brought up as valid discussions until the player has one year left on the contract. Next off season, that's the boat Nelson will be in, and I have zero doubt he signs a contract worth $10+ million a year.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

USC has a Wide Receiver named Robert Woods who I think is the real deal. If we have a chance to draft him next year, I would rather draft him over bring in Bowe or Wallace. Here are some highlights.....and if we can't get Woods, than draft Matt Barkley at QB. =)

[video=youtube;Xdy-uum0FvE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdy-uum0FvE[/video]

For now I'd take Keenan Allen or Marquess Wilson over Robert Woods.

Again you're not paying attention to the details, when you bring up someone like Calvin Johnson. His contract is 8 years and $132 million. The contract Vincent Jackson signed with the Bucs this off season is 5 years and $55 million. It's been reported that Mike Wallace wants that Vincent Jackson contract. There's no comparison. Megatron makes 50% more money per year than Vincent Jackson.

Further, in the wake of this Antonio Brown signing (5 years, $42.5 million) which has essentially concluded the negotiations process between Wallace and Pittsburgh, Wallace's price will come down even further. The Steelers had a 5 year, $50 million offer on the table that he refused because he wanted Vincent Jackson's money. Wallace gambled and lost, and now he may be lucky if another team gives that same 5 year, $50 million offer to him after they have to trade a pick for him. Or if he continues his holdout but plays in Pitt this year that could hurt his numbers and he'll be a year older so you fast forward to 2013 and the offer could be lower based on the turmoil.

The Packers are paying Jennings $8 million a year and they'll probably have to pay Nelson $10 million a year. You say Joe Philbin "doesn't want a #1 WR"...you're right, he doesn't want a #1 WR...he wants as many #1 WRs as he can lay his hands on.

Getting rid of Brandon Marshall had nothing to do with being somehow allergic to talent. It had everything to do with Marshall's behavior over the years which Philbin doubtless learned about in exit interviews. One chat session with Karl Dorrell was probably enough.

I've yet to read anything proclaiming Wallace's contract demands as being in-line with Jackson's. Everything I keep seeing says it's excessive or Fitz money. There were reports coming from SF that he wanted $120 million. Regardless, let's go with your assertion. If we couldn't offer Jackson the money he wanted, then why would we for Wallace?

I've yet to read anything proclaiming Wallace's contract demands as being in-line with Jackson's. Everything I keep seeing says it's excessive or Fitz money. Regardless, let's go with your assertion. If we couldn't offer Jackson the money he wanted, then why would we for Wallace?

I'm not sure we offered Vincent Jackson anything. I don't remember that particular rumor. I'm not discounting the possibility but I don't remember it. There are reasons you would pay Mike Wallace more than Vincent Jackson. Jackson has alcohol problems, DUIs, has been disciplined by Goodell...if he steps out of line he's up for a half a season suspension I believe.

I'm not sure we offered Vincent Jackson anything. I don't remember that particular rumor. I'm not discounting the possibility but I don't remember it. There are reasons you would pay Mike Wallace more than Vincent Jackson. Jackson has alcohol problems, DUIs, has been disciplined by Goodell...if he steps out of line he's up for a half a season suspension I believe.

On a side notw, now that you mention those off-field incidents, I can see how Jackson would come at a discount compared to what he might've gotten with a clean record. At any rate ..... this was a quote from the Sacramento Bee after the 49'ers inquired about Wallace:

Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee is reporting San Francisco looked into signing Steelers restricted free agent WR Mike Wallace, but ultimately declined to make an offer (nod to Steelers 101 for pointing it out). According to Barrows, Wallace is seeking a deal that exceeds Arizona WR Larry Fitzgerald's eight-year $120 million contract.

Barrows also mentioned "other teams" were also looking into Wallace, and suggested they, too, were deterred by the asking price.

On a side notw, now that you mention those off-field incidents, I can see how Jackson would come at a discount compared to what he might've gotten with a clean record. At any rate ..... this was a quote from the Sacramento Bee after the 49'ers inquired about Wallace:

Well then we have conflicting reports.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pl...news.asp?sport=NFL&id=5329&line=236517&spln=1

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports restricted free agent Mike Wallace turned down a contract offer in the five-year, $50 million range.

So he was offered more than Antonio Brown, though not much more. Wallace is said to be seeking a deal similar to Vincent Jackson's five-year, $55.556 million contract. Without knowledge of the guarantees involved, it's easy to second-guess Wallace's decision to skip the beginning of training camp. Wallace must now decide whether to report to camp under the $2.742 million tender or sit out the first 10 games of the season in protest.

I like Allen of Cal, I just think Woods might be a little faster, but they both have great hands and run nice routes. I haven't seen Wilson play at Washington State but I know he needs to bulk up a little. I also like a small 5'11" receiver from Florida named Andre DeBose who is very fast....but there are always people hating Florida receivers. =) He is not a lightweight like Rainey and some of their other speed burners.

woods is missing time still with that same leg injury i tried to tell you guys he played last year with...i can't believe i'm the only one that has seen info on that it seems...guess i need to try and chase where i have seen it a few times...

my opinion is the woods you saw in 2011 at usc is not the only you'd see fully healthy...think 2010 robert woods

They're going to have to give him a contract before 2013. He's not going to play out that contract and I think everyone knows it. It's a 3 year, $13.4 million deal and he's already played one year of it. There's precedent all over the league including in Green Bay that contract extensions don't typically get brought up as valid discussions until the player has one year left on the contract. Next off season, that's the boat Nelson will be in, and I have zero doubt he signs a contract worth $10+ million a year.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

you'll get no argument from me there but if i had to choose between jordy nelson and greg jennings i'm going with jennings...he'd be the highest paid wr on that team if it was up to me...

Please post Jackson's contract offer. Otherwise you're just making crap up. The burden of proof is on you since you brought it up, not me ..... so don't try to change the subject.

The only proof I have is rumor on ThePhins.com. Hardly compelling, and I'll admit that. I'll concede the point and move on. Miami paid Marshall big money. That also kills your argument. MOVING ON.

--> I never shifted the burden of proof about the Jackson contract on you. Not once. It's like I'm arguing with an inept 15 year old who is on a debate club. I asked you to verify YOUR claim that Philbin said he doesn't want a #1 WR in this offense. So before you address anything in this thread from here on out, post the proof. As you said yourself... If you don't have proof, you're simply making it up right? That's not something I would say (in my field we have a saying that absence of proof is not proof of absence... just saying) but I feel it is only fair to hold you to your own standard.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/e...have-stopped-negotiating-with-wr-mike-wallace
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ld-49ers-he-wants-more-than-larry-fitzgerald/
http://tracking.si.com/2012/03/22/report-mike-wallace-wants-more-than-larry-fitzgeralds-120-million/
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...r_mike_wallace_who_wants_120_million/10373926

I guess we do.

I find it hard to believe Wallace is squabbling over $5 million dollars. If GM's look at these contracts the way you do (factoring in off-field activity) then Jackson's is again a discount contract and Wallace knows his street value is worth more.

ALL of those reports originate from Matt Barrows' report from the Sacramento Bee. All of them.

This report from the PITTSBURGH Tribune Review directly contradicts the report.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers...feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+tribunereviewsteelers

Are you going to trust a SACRAMENTO report about a PITTSBURGH player? Or are you going to trust a PITTSBURGH report about a PITTSBURGH player?

Back
Top Bottom