Mike Wallace vs Dwayne Bowe - Very possibly your starting Miami Dolphins 2013 #1 WR | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Wallace vs Dwayne Bowe - Very possibly your starting Miami Dolphins 2013 #1 WR

have you been hearing the same thing??? that the kids looking like he will contribute from the jump...

Yeah I heard about it yesterday, mentioned it in one of these threads somewhere. Big catch over top of Revis, looking good, getting praised, all of it. And then I heard he really did treat Revis like his step sister in blocking. Tough day for the All Pro yesterday, although to be fair Revis also had at least one breakup on a pass intended for Hill.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/13563/stephen-hill-off-to-fast-start-at-camp

Rex Ryan said:
CORTLAND, N.Y. -- Jets rookie wide receiver Stephen Hill impressed coach Rex Ryan not so much with his impressive reception over cornerback Darrelle Revis, but with a block.

Perhaps that sounds a bit bold, but Hill looks capable of backing it up on the field. The coaching staff gave him reps with each team, a trial by fire, and Hill made some nice catches including a deep pass from starting quarterback Mark Sanchez.

"It was awesome and right out of the gate, too," Sanchez said of a catch Hill made over Revis.

Perhaps the biggest sign of how good Hill looked was when Ryan, tongue-in-cheek, tried to take credit for drafting the 6-4 receiver of Georgia Tech in the second round. Ryan is better known for drafting corners and other defensive players.

"Really, he's been impressive," Ryan said.

When Day 2 kicked off there were three names I had at the top of my wish list that still hadn't been drafted in the 1st round. They were Coby Fleener, Courtney Upshaw and Stephen Hill. Fleener and Upshaw went immediately. Hill was available at our pick. I would have taken him in a heartbeat.

By the way in typical Mark Sanchez fashion, it wasn't the throw that beat Revis on that 40 yard pass, Revis actually was able to tip the pass. It was Stephen Hill who came down with it anyway, showing great concentration.

And twitter has people at Jets camp today saying that Hill beat Revis for a few more catches today.

that's scary stuff...kid fresh off the boat making plays against revis...the best corner in the league by far...we gonna have our hands full with stephen hill

I was high on Hill but gotta get cornfed! Imagine the scenerio drafting a franchise qb and a stud wr in one draft!

I was high on Hill but gotta get cornfed! Imagine the scenerio drafting a franchise qb and a stud wr in one draft!

Yeah I mean it's not like I'm unhappy with Jon Martin. On a need basis he and Stephen Hill were pretty much the top two choices available. But Hill was my guy.

Crazy likes saying whatever comes to mind and ignoring pertinent information. He's in good company.

Let's go knowledge to knowledge, then. Actually contribute and say something rather than be a loudmouth on the sidelines. Ive yet to see a single breakdown post from you explaining a position, a battle, a player, or a scheme. I've yet to see you say anything of value that a 5 year old with an iphone couldn't reproduce.

Please, what "pertinent information" am I ignoring here?

Please, what "pertinent information" am I ignoring here?

How Ireland handles the salary cap and how Philbin is not interested in having a true #1 (which is how Wallace wants to get paid), yet you somehow believe Wallace is a possibility.

that's scary stuff...kid fresh off the boat making plays against revis...the best corner in the league by far...we gonna have our hands full with stephen hill

I gotta say, those are some seriously positive reviews if true. I haven't seen or read much of the Jets camp, but anytime you get a rookie WR getting separation from quality CBs, it's scary. If he's getting separation from an ELITE cb, we are in trouble.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

How Ireland handles the salary cap and how Philbin is not interested in having a true #1 (which is how Wallace wants to get paid), yet you somehow believe Wallace is a possibility.

And the fact that we made a contract offer to Vincent Jackson says... what, exactly? Ironic, you're the one sitting there telling me what I'm ignoring and you seem to be blatantly ignoring that.

Give me verifiable proof of Joe Philbin not being interested in having a #1 WR? It's pure conjecture and fallacy from these message boards. Brandon Marshall wasn't traded because they didn't want a #1 WR. The logic is so flawed that I'm genuinely perplexed that you can believe it.

I believe it was posted on here by CK. I may be wrong about that, but I'm positive I read it on here. Now your turn. Where are you getting this nonsense about Joe Philbin not wanting a true #1 WR?

Also, your question is baseless, because you very rarely (99% of the time) have no idea what the "amount" of contract offers are to other players in free agency. We have no idea what Miami's offer to Calvin Pace was when New York out bid them. But you knew that, hence asking a rhetorical question in hopes of proving some point.

Or hell, how Ireland handles the cap. Are you telling me that Jeff Ireland, the guy who gave Brandon Marshall a big contract, doesn't like paying high dollars for top flight players? Expand on your "point" for a little.

I believe it was posted on here by CK. I may be wrong about that, but I'm positive I read it on here. Now your turn. Where are you getting this nonsense about Joe Philbin not wanting a true #1 WR?

Also, your question is baseless, because you very rarely (99% of the time) have no idea what the "amount" of contract offers are to other players in free agency. We have no idea what Miami's offer to Calvin Pace was when New York out bid them. But you knew that, hence asking a rhetorical question in hopes of proving some point.

Or hell, how Ireland handles the cap. Are you telling me that Jeff Ireland, the guy who gave Brandon Marshall a big contract, doesn't like paying high dollars for top flight players? Expand on your "point" for a little.

Please post Jackson's contract offer. Otherwise you're just making crap up. The burden of proof is on you since you brought it up, not me ..... so don't try to change the subject.

Ireland didn't have full reign of the GM role when we brought BM in.

You may have read it here but I'm not sure I ever reported that...

The best piece of evidence to say Jeff Ireland is willing to spend for talent at the WR position is the simple fact that he traded two 2nd round picks and gave a $50 million contract to Brandon Marshall.

But if you don't believe Joe Philbin would tolerate that strategy, that's your opinion. It certainly hasn't been in Green Bay's history to buy WRs from the outside. But as Crazy says, that doesn't mean they haven't paid. They paid Greg Jennings and I have zero doubt they'll pay Jordy Nelson.

The best piece of evidence to say Jeff Ireland is willing to spend for talent at the WR position is the simple fact that he traded two 2nd round picks and gave a $50 million contract to Brandon Marshall.

But if you don't believe Joe Philbin would tolerate that strategy, that's your opinion. It certainly hasn't been in Green Bay's history to buy WRs from the outside. But as Crazy says, that doesn't mean they haven't paid. They paid Greg Jennings and I have zero doubt they'll pay Jordy Nelson.

Was that all Ireland? Did Parcells have nothing to do with it?

All I'm looking at is what Ireland has done with full reign this off-season and a coach who repeatedly has reiterated they don't need a superstar #1 for his system. Nothing about Ireland's dealing with players this off-season leads me to believe he's willing to break the bank right now .... especially in light of other contract extensions the team is going to have to decide the fate on.

Everything I've read about Wallace's demands are exorbitant. Last time I checked, guys making that kind of money are far more versatile. Players like Fitz, Megatron, and Andre Johnson. I'd pay those guys in a heart beat.

Back
Top Bottom