Mike Williams: The Sleeper At 2? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Williams: The Sleeper At 2?

knight6jb said:
Did you see it happen?? and no I'mnot that jealous, we will have a better RB after the draft!

yes because you cant misswitht he #2pick! :shakeno:

zevo said:
how can it be in trouble when we have the greatest rb ever?

I really hope that you are regretting saying that... sure wasn't bias:shakeno:. You've lost your credibility.. besides the fact that your a bills fan.:rolleyes:

knight6jb said:
Everytime your on Finheaven I end up saying the same thing..........GO AWAY!

It's obvious that Feeley won't take us anywhere?? and I guess it was obvious to you that when Brady came in for Bledsoe, he would suck? It is the NFL anything can happen, Feeley had to supporting cast last year, this year we have new coaches, new players, and our injured players will be back....PS:Bills will suck next year, and thats obvious cuz Losman will be running the team.

Feeley is NO Tom Brady. At his first opportunity TB started winning with an otherwise pitiful team (and they were pitiful under Bledsoe). AJ will never elevate us like TB has the Pats. Let's face it - we have another average QB.

Are you serious? Tomlinson, A. Green, S. Alexander, E. James, C. Dillon, C. Portis, F. Taylor, J. Lewis, M. Vick (and he aint even a back)!

Now, if he stays healthy and gets the burst back, then we can talk, but he is not even close to the best back in the league.

22-35 198 %:62.9 TD:1 INT:0 Rating:87.6, thats against NE and he led a couple of great drives and showed great heart along with talent. You can say he was inconsistent but don't say he was bad just yet be patient, the Bills couldn't even stop Sammy Morris, how are they gunna stop whoever we draft without Williams at DT? NO more Jennings, no more Bledsoe, no more winning. We are improving. The Bills aren't. Keep saying Losman is great, Willis is great, Evans is great, because Evans was good because teams doubled Moulds(getting old) and he had Bledsoe, Bledsoe did OK because of his O-line, Willis did good because of the O-Line and the passing game, the defense lost their anchor, sounds like trouble.

zevo said:
whose better?

Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Barry Sander, LT, Jamal Lewis, Ricky Williams (was), OJ, Rodger Craig, Earl Cambell, Curtis Martin, Jerome Bettis, T.Thomas, Marshall Faulk, Corey Dillion, Emmitt Smith, Eddie George (was), A. Green, S.Alexander, etc. etc. etc....

curtis M and Dillion are potential HOFers... willis in the bottom half of his own division.

zevo said:
yes because you cant misswitht he #2pick! :shakeno:

Willis had one good year.....He hasnt even played more than that and you are saying he is the best ever!!! I never even said with the #2, I bet one of the later round RB's will end up better than Mcgahee.

zevo said:
whose better?

Walter Payton
Jim Brown
Barry Sanders
Gayle Sayers
Curtis Martin
Marshall Falk
Eric Dickerson
Emmit Smith
Billy Sims
Tony Dorsett
Marcus Allen.......do I need to continue? :roflmao:

And to answer your question about who Miami will have to throw the Ball to score......well at this point you can ask yourself the same thing. say whaever you want, but Losman has proved NOTHING.

BocaHighQB said:
no more Bledsoe, no more winning. We are improving. The Bills aren't. Keep saying Losman is great, Willis is great, Evans is great, because Evans was good because teams doubled Moulds(getting old) and he had Bledsoe, Bledsoe did OK because of his O-line, Willis did good because of the O-Line and the passing game, the defense lost their anchor, sounds like trouble.

This is great! When did we ever win under bledsoe? I actually dont recall saying losman or evans is great!Evans may be great!But id know Willis is great!

phinz_fan said:
Feeley is NO Tom Brady. At his first opportunity TB started winning with an otherwise pitiful team (and they were pitiful under Bledsoe). AJ will never elevate us like TB has the Pats. Let's face it - we have another average QB.

Im not saying that Feeley is gonna be our TB but I'm saying nobody that he would do what he did, its the NFL, it is completely unpredictable what is going to happen and who is gonna turn out good or bad, I think Feeley will be fine in our offense, not a superstar, but I think he has the potential to take us far.

knight6jb said:
Im not saying that Feeley is gonna be our TB but I'm saying nobody that he would do what he did, its the NFL, it is completely unpredictable what is going to happen and who is gonna turn out good or bad, I think Feeley will be fine in our offense, not a superstar, but I think he has the potential to take us far.

:shakeno:

Ghetti13 said:
This is going to be a new era in Miami Dolphins football. No more of the "Lets keep it close and win it in the end." That simply does not work. It merely puts you in just as good a position to lose the game as to win it. Miami will score points, or at the very least make an attempt to score points.

To that end we are going to need more recievers within Linehan's spread offense. I am a huge Chris Chambers supporter but he will not be able to do it alone. Miami needs a big wide reciever with the body control and ball skills to dominate as a deep threat. Marty Booker and Derrius Thompson are not those players.

However, it is my opinion that Mike Williams is that guy. He is Plaxico Burress with the brain capacity and god given skills to consistently catch passes and dominate the jump ball situation. Anyone who has watched Burress closely knows he was his own worst enemy. Williams will not be his own worst enemy.

I realize I am in the minority in my opinion that Mike Williams is a better prospect than Braylon Edwards but look at the tale of the tape.

Williams - 6'4 1/2 229 4.56 4.23 6.98 38 1/2 10' 3
Edwards - 6'3 211 4.49 4.38 6.87 37 1/2 10' 6

This seems like a close race, but it is the unteachables that seperate the two. Mike Williams has unequaled ball skills. He knows when to elevate and how to catch any ball regardless of where it is thrown. Edwards does not have this skill. He is good, no doubt about it. But, in my opinion he is not great. He still loses focus at times and even alligator arms the ball on occasion when going over the middle.

I admit that Williams time away from the game needs to be considered, but, it is not dispositive. Williams dominated as 19 year old wide reciever and has shown the hard work an maturity to keep working hard even after he was treated unfairly. Remember, he did not challenge the rule, he just relied on it. To his detriment.

In conclusion, I must say that if the draft was today I would have three players on my short list.
Aaron Rodgers
Ronnie Brown
Mike Williams

In my opinion it is only these three that possess the skills Saban is looking for when he says "Best player available".

Tell me. How does a guy who wouldn't have gone in the top 10 last year improve his stock by not playing?

Back
Top Bottom