Minka To Steelers Trade; all rumors & final trade (several threads merged) | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Minka To Steelers Trade; all rumors & final trade (several threads merged)

Which team trades for Minkah

• Washington

Votes: 29 20.3%
  • Dallas

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Kansas City

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • Pittsburgh

Votes: 70 49.0%
  • Seattle

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Philadelphia

Votes: 10 7.0%

• Total voters
I thought Minkah's greatest asset to any team that drafted him was his versatility and ability to be a secret weapon.

If someone asked me what I thought Flores's answer was to where Minkah would be lining up, I would expect him to say "it depends on the personnel we're facing."

Am I happy that Minkah disagrees, probably doesn't feel like that "maximizes his value" or brand? No, not at all. I'm disappointed that he hasn't been playing well, and I'm disappointed he wants to be traded.

Im not so sure that we will get a first round pick for him. Is it disappointed that he will leave? Kinda imo.

I see him as a hybrid player that can be used in different spots, like he is right now. But i don't think u can blame someone to seek a more stabile role in one position.
Even though the workload seems to be a bit too much for him right now when he is lining up in all kinds of positions.

Well let him go. Let everyone go! Circus...

Minkah doesn't want to learn more than one position?

Shame..

Derwin James did it at an All Pro level as a rookie. Get outta here with your demands.

Well waking up to this is borderline worst nightmare scenario.

Not that we are likely trading Minkah for pennies on the dollar...though that’s horrific...it’s that we have seriously pissed off a player with serious ties to Alabama, Nick Saban, and that community in a year where we are praying to get their franchise QB with that top pick.

This is like waking up to an article saying Tua isn’t going to play here. And no I don’t think this is an overreaction in this modern day, connected, player-has-the-power environment.

Ugh, I really don't like this.

Plenty of reasons to feel uneasy in the past couple of weeks. I get the Tunsil trade, it made sense for the picks. I didn't like the roster purge after the final game - players who'd worked hard all Summer were turfed out for other fringe players. But I get that they're hoping to find some diamonds in the rough...... but after last Sunday and now one of the few building blocks - who by all accounts was a high calibre guy - decides he doesn't believe in what our team is doing decides he wants out..... On the one hand, yeah, if you want out then we don't want you here but we're going to have next to nothing when it comes to Draft time. Whatever QB we're targeting, why on earth would they want to come to Miami? We could become the laughing stock of the NFL again if its like Eli Manning and he refuses to sign.

Time will tell I suppose.

Minkah doesn't want to learn more than one position?

Shame..

Derwin James did it at an All Pro level as a rookie. Get outta here with your demands.
they are teaching him six new positions. That is an insane amount of responsibility to place on o e player. derwin walked into a more favorable position from day 1 so the comparison isn't fare.

you should be wondering why our coaches and front office seem to be burning bridges with players left and right? You cannot replace all 52 player next year or believe tua will want to be a dolphin.

Don't want to be here...then go. If teams are not willing to pay the price for a trade put his *** on PS and let him stew in his misery.

Funny though how some of our "tanking fans" are whining now. :lol:
This is beyond tanking. After Minkah splits, there will be others behind him, maybe Xavien? But yeah let's keep pretending there's nothing to see here.

they are teaching him six new positions. That is an insane amount of responsibility to place on o e player. derwin walked into a more favorable position from day 1 so the comparison isn't fare.

you should be wondering why our coaches and front office seem to be burning bridges with players left and right? You cannot replace all 52 player next year or believe tua will want to be a dolphin.

Absolutely agree. Its impossible to say either way, but would Derwin have been at a pro bowl level in the 2018 Dolphins defence?

Derwin still had to learn more spots than that and was an ALL PRO as a rookie.

The second point doesn't matter to me. Grier and Flores both suck.

Back
Top Bottom