Minka To Steelers Trade; all rumors & final trade (several threads merged) | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Minka To Steelers Trade; all rumors & final trade (several threads merged)

Which team trades for Minkah

• Washington

Votes: 29 20.3%
  • Dallas

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Kansas City

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • Pittsburgh

Votes: 70 49.0%
  • Seattle

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Philadelphia

Votes: 10 7.0%

• Total voters
I’m really looking forward to the “well he sucks/is overrated anyways” posts after he’s traded.

Edit: as soon as I post, I see that it’s already started. Delusional. :lol:
And those same people are the ones praising Grier's masterful drafts decisions.

Amazing how Tunsil went from elite status, we're set for years to come to he's a jag in a matter of minutes after he was traded.

I’m really looking forward to the “well he sucks/is overrated anyways” posts after he’s traded.

You must have not been here last year when it already started, because wait for it....he wasn’t good at any position other than slot corner last year

He may be a bit of a tweener, but refusing to give him a defined role doesn’t do him any favors. And he has a right to call that out.

Like I said, defending this team and their poor personnel decisions isn’t the hill the die on. We are a laughing stock. There is no plan. The plan is just to do something different, because they don’t know what the hell else to do.

He’s not a bit of a tweener. He’s a big one.

Did you think Saban didn’t know what else to do with him when he moved him around at Alabama as well?

Fwiw, I had him as a Top 40 player, and Miami passed on Top 10 and (obv) Top 20 players to draft him. Top 40 = good, so I don't think he sucks, but I do think he was overrated. Initially, I overrated him, too, but the more I looked, the less I liked.

Is Flores the 2nd coming of BB? Certainly no data pointing to that, but the guy spent 15 years with the most dominant football team ever and some people are butt hurt that he's acting like them? We've been irrelevant for 20 years for i for one am game for trying something that hasn't been tried.
Using that criteria to project certainly doesn't paint a bright future if using the same comparison for our GM, a 20 year stalwart of mediocrity.

I’ll tell you a fun little exercise Ross needs to do - he needs to put all the prospects names into a hat that were available between Miami picks and just randomly draw names out for every pick Miami had.

Do it over and over again and compare it to the picks his GM made. I think he’d be surprised at the outcome.

Outside of firing Grier, this is my main source of hope for Miami's rebuild. Even bad GM's often land high-end talent in the 1st, and you'd hope for some regression to the mean. Around March, you often see stories of pets or children randomly picking the best college basketball brackets. Miami would probably be better off with a poodle making the picks.

And those same people are the ones praising Grier's masterful drafts decisions.

Amazing how Tunsil went from elite status, we're set for years to come to he's a jag in a matter of minutes after he was traded.
Personally, I think Grier is in over his head and should have been gone. But, I am glad the staff is not letting a second year player coming off his worst game run the show. If he wants out, get what you can for him. He had a nice rookie season. The team is using him how the see fit. His passive aggressive interviews, and him Mom chiming in is not a good look. sadly, I don't see getting a first for him. Another bad pick 1st rd pick by the Fins along with Charles harris, Wilkins and a long list of others.

I know Nick Saban wouldn’t try Bobby ****ing McCain at single high safety over Minkah Fitzpatrick. I know that much.

Well I’ll say this. Starting Minkah at free is a mistake. He would most certainly be better than McCain there. However, if you’re a team that is close to competing, you pull that move. But a team not competing, you don’t waste your time. You take your lumps and try and figure out what’s best for Minkah. At this point, no one that has coached him past high school has been able to figure it out.

Just to reiterate. I don’t know wtf is going on with McCain at free regardless. Bad decision.

Kid has over-involved parents in his ear. That is a double-edged sword. They raised him right but they also raised him to have too much pride in himself and his ideals to have any loyalty to the team that drafted him. Look out for yourself kid, because nobody else will.

Dude this is the teams fault. Not his parents, not anyone lse. We drafted him then did not let him flourish in any one position. Look I've seen this happen before, the coaches have been screwing this guy around. Stop making excuses for the organization.

A friend of mine made this point, he said he wonders why X hates Minkah, after their fight and all..

Personally feel the whole give me one position to focus on is a cop out..He was multiple in college..

Dude this is the teams fault. Not his parents, not anyone lse. We drafted him then did not let him flourish in any one position. Look I've seen this happen before, the coaches have been screwing this guy around. Stop making excuses for the organization.
If i bury a turd in my front yard, its not going to grow into a lemon tree.

Stinkah was another miss from this laughably incompetent franchise.The fins have spurned me enough in my 33 yrs on this earth to the point where I am no longer a fan, and actively hope and pray for their complete and utter destruction. Luckily for me, Grier and Co. seem to have the same objective. Thx fins.

Back
Top Bottom