Minkah Fitzpatrick Is The Hybrid Counter Your Nfl Team (probably) Needs...and The Dolphins Got! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Minkah Fitzpatrick Is The Hybrid Counter Your Nfl Team (probably) Needs...and The Dolphins Got!

I just can’t compare any college guy to those two men. Flat out superstar from day one. If Minkah does that day one then we’ll be talking about that.

There all college guys at one point...the point is Fitzpatrick was more decorated and enters the NFL with an even better pedigree than Ed Reed.

Doesn’t mean he’ll be that good...but I like his chances of being really good...and expect him to be great.

Having a 'true free safety back there with Jones should open the door to getting Kiko off the field maybe TJ playing on obvious passing downs as an option.

Reed and Taylor would knock you into the next zip code if you didn't pay attention, I'm not sure Fitz is that kind of safety.

Exactly.

Kiko has no competition at Will in 2018. Which means we're going to have target practice in nickel again. And Baker is sub package at best for 2018.

We have Chase Allen and Stephone Anthony to work with at SAM. Yikes.

What makes you think we'll see much SAM this year? SAMs are going the way of the FB anyways. We have 3 excellent safeties, our base will likely be big nickel.

Baker is absolutely competition for Kiko, or else why the hell did we draft him? You think we spent a 3rd round pick for a guy we never intend to start?

Also, we don't even have a SAM or WILL, more like right and left. Same job requirements and needs athletically.

Fitzpatrick is above James IMO...more proven intangibles over a longer period of time.

Neither Ed Reed nor Sean Taylor won both the Thorpe and Bendarik trophies the same year...like Fitzpatrick.

Only Charles Woodson and Patrick Peterson did.

So...obviously he has to prove it at this level...but my money would be on a kid that checks so many boxes.

More of a sure thing than James by far!
tenor.gif

:laugh:laugh:laugh

Back
Top Bottom