Minkah made 1st team All Pro---Flores Insight? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Minkah made 1st team All Pro---Flores Insight?

What did we accomplish without him?

I doubt he regrets going to the Steelers...this 1st team All Pro tells me that.

It's called foresight. Steelers are probably on the decline, fins are a young team and look to be taking the proper steps towards being dominant. Think about it.

It's called foresight. Steelers are probably on the decline, fins are a young team and look to be taking the proper steps towards being dominant. Think about it.

Probably on the decline?

What makes you say that? The fact that they won games with a 3rd string QB, RB, and WR?

What happens to that 8-8, record when Big Ben, Connor, and Schuster are there for a full season?

I see better than 8-8...as for us, let's get through free agency and the draft without looking like bozos before we claim the ship is on the right course.

Probably on the decline?

What makes you say that? The fact that they won games with a 3rd string QB, RB, and WR?

What happens to that 8-8, record when Big Ben, Connor, and Schuster are there for a full season?

I see better than 8-8...as for us, let's get through free agency and the draft without looking like bozos before we claim the ship is on the right course.
Ben's getting old, and they're going to have to rely on the running game. That's gonna limit them significantly. Defense will be ok but not great. They lucked into 8-8 this year. I see 8-8 next year for them and slowly getting worse.

As for Miami, any influx of talent is going to make a difference in the upward direction.

Eric Rowe got an albatross this year (Brady pick-6). What you got Mink?
Remind me what PITT’s record was again? Only 3 games better than the Dolphins, who everyone acknowledges is far more devoid of talent than most?

I like Minkah, always have, but he didn’t make that much of a difference. A team supposedly so much more talented than MIA should be more than 3 games better. And they were quite fortunate to win as many games as they did. Easily could have only won 6 or 7.

Also helps to have 2 other All-Pros on that same defense with you.

Minkah had a nice 4 game stretch and that's about it. Him making all pro actually says more about how crappy that position has become.

Minkah had a nice 4 game stretch and that's about it. Him making all pro actually says more about how crappy that position has become.

To which 4 game stretch are you referring?
Screenshot_20200104-130709_Chrome.jpg

Was more like 4-5 games, starting on 10/28/2019, when he was getting interceptions and fumble recoveries.

The 10/28 game he had 2 interceptions.
The 11/03 game he had an interception returned for TD.
The 11/10 game he returned a fumble for TD, and an INT.
The 11/24 game he returned a fumble for 36 yards.

Outside of that, pretty average...only 1 PD and 1 TFL from there through the season.

Last edited:
His first 4 in Pitt.
I'm not sure what your are inferring? That he had more than or less than a 4 game good stretch
More...

It's a junior version of Revis and Sanders not leading the league in ints.

More...

It's a junior version of Revis and Sanders not leading the league in ints.
Revis is one of the best shut down corners in NFL history. No comparison. Stop it.
Minkah is good. But no need for those comparisons to try to bolster your opinion.

Revis is one of the best shut down corners in NFL history. No comparison. Stop it.
Minkah is good. But no need for those comparisons to try to bolster your opinion.

First...I said a junior version of the int situation aka "people didn't challenge them".

In case you didn't know...Fitzpatrick is 1st team All Pro (not Pro Bowl) for a reason. Would you like to venture a guess to how he received that honor?

First...I said a junior version of the int situation aka "people didn't challenge them".

In case you didn't know...Fitzpatrick is 1st team All Pro (not Pro Bowl) for a reason. Would you like to venture a guess to how he received that honor?
I already told you my take. We have different opinions. No biggie. Minkah benefited this year from a depleted position. I understand he is good. But this was not an all pro year if you compare to previous all pros.

Minkah benefited this year from a depleted position. I understand he is good. But this was not an all pro year if you compare to previous all pros.

What safety deserved it over Minkah?

Earl Thomas?

Harrison Smith?

Eric Weddle?

Kevin Byard?

Malcolm Jenkins?

Micah Hyde?

Devin McCourty?

I have to know how depleted the FS position is...except for the Miami Dolphins.

Remind me what PITT’s record was again? Only 3 games better than the Dolphins, who everyone acknowledges is far more devoid of talent than most?

I like Minkah, always have, but he didn’t make that much of a difference. A team supposedly so much more talented than MIA should be more than 3 games better. And they were quite fortunate to win as many games as they did. Easily could have only won 6 or 7.

I guess you forget they lost their starting QB. As mediocre as Fitzpatrick is we would have done worse without him. They were injury-riddled all season but losing a qb is always an impact

Back
Top Bottom