Minkah & Wilkins were disappointing! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Minkah & Wilkins were disappointing!

Really, Wilkins has no business being on the field. He was bad in the preseason and he is terrible now. I really was surprised he made the team.

Players obviously confused with D assignments. He wasn't having too many issues last year. The whole team struggled with assignments.

I do wanna say that if a guy as quick/agile as Jackson can pass as accurately as he did today, he will be not only the next Michael Vick/Steve Young but possibly better. That's the one saving grace for me from today's game. That type of QB is unstoppable.

Just wanna say I called it on Jackson =p

Coming full circle with Minkah and Wilkins.... Minkah had that crazy couple games right after he was traded but since then he has been quiet. I'd like to see how PFF says he played this year. I still wish we would have just kept him but if we draft a good player with the 1'st we got back it won't be as big of a loss as some are making it out to be... I hope...

Wilkins has improved throughout the year in my opinion and seems to often either get some push or get double teamed. I'd like to see more sacks obviously but I think he is the type of player that will improve with experience. Thought he played really well today. This might end up being a pretty good draft pick.

Coming full circle with Minkah and Wilkins.... Minkah had that crazy couple games right after he was traded but since then he has been quiet. I'd like to see how PFF says he played this year. I still wish we would have just kept him but if we draft a good player with the 1'st we got back it won't be as big of a loss as some are making it out to be... I hope...

Wilkins has improved throughout the year in my opinion and seems to often either get some push or get double teamed. I'd like to see more sacks obviously but I think he is the type of player that will improve with experience. Thought he played really well today. This might end up being a pretty good draft pick.
I also liked Jackson, thought he should have gone in the top half of the first. Of course, I never expected him to be so dominating.

About Minkah, he made a lot of splash plays early that were just a function of him being in the right place at the right time, but his main value was the kind of defense he allowed the Steelers to play as far as changing coverages at the last second with a safety sprinting back deep. Makes if very tough for the offense. I think the Steelers got good value. And you can't blame the defense for the debacle of this season. That was squarely on the offense.

Don‘t pat yourself on the back just yet. Teams/defenses aren’t setup for the type of QB Jackson is and how the Ravens use him. Because, historically, it doesn‘t have staying power. Jackson will get injured at some point from the extra exposure and hits. Then what?

Colin Kaepernick once took the league by storm and had a magical season running read option and such that nearly resulted in a SB title..... but teams adjusted the next season.

Let‘s see how Jackson fares in 2020 after all other 31 teams have an offseason to break down film and fully exploit weaknesses forcing him to do things he’s not so good at. Let’s see how long Baltimore can keep rolling the dice on his health.

There’s good reason why pocket passers have ruled the NFL landscape for generations. Nothing has changed with regard to injury risk of QB’s that use their legs as much as Jackson.

Look at how far Cam Newton has fallen from years of punishment. And he’s 6-5 240. I personally don’t believe Jackson will last as long playing this way.

They just had one....did you not watch the game? Most ppl on here will think Wilkins is a bust unless he puts up Aaron Donald stats. DT is a thankless job and his main job is to generate push and clog lanes. He didnt do as bad as our secondary though.

Minkah clearly wasn't mentally there today. He looked better in his first game last year against the Titans. Today he played like Bobby McCain, which will never be a compliment.
Time will tell on Minkah no doubt he is talented but did not want to be here and likely would have been hard to resign. Christian Wilkins needs an offseason to bulk up He is too underpowered for my liking at DT.. Kid definitely has to work on bulking up I would have rather had his teammate Lawerence.. I think his ideal spot i a RE in a 3/4 currently.

Don‘t pat yourself on the back just yet. Teams/defenses aren’t setup for the type of QB Jackson is and how the Ravens use him. Because, historically, it doesn‘t have staying power. Jackson will get injured at some point from the extra exposure and hits. Then what?

Colin Kaepernick once took the league by storm and had a magical season running read option and such that nearly resulted in a SB title..... but teams adjusted the next season.
I will pat you on the back.

It was a great call. Just like when I called my daughter (Ravens fan) to tell her they just drafted the most electrifying player to enter the NFL in many years.
What QBs don’t get injured btw? Brady, Breese, Rogers, Tannehill, Roethlisberger, Mahomes, Watson, ALL miss games or entire seasons due to injury. So stop raining on a guy’s post. He’s likely correct that y Jackson is a brat and has led the Ravens to the best record in the entire league white shattering records allowing the way.

I guess you’d rather wait and have a conventional QB until we end up with a 14-2 record? Would you be happy or sad if a Kapernick “type” of running-throwing QB got us to the Super Bowl? Cause I don’t see the Dolphins in line to make the big game in the next decade
Give the guy credit on Jackson great call.

i think Christian Wilkins should be given more than just one year to showcase his abilities and show groth and development. it's not like he's playing an easy position to transition to.

Minkah Fitzpatrick is what it is. he didn't want to play a versatile role that our coaching staff had pegged out for him. time will show if he can be an elite FS in the NFL. the first few games in Pittsburgh looked that way, recently Fitzpatrick cooled off considerably.

Wilkins didn't exactly lite the world on fire early on. But since the break in week 5, Wilkins and the entire team started to improve significantly. Wilkins made his presence felt with 48 solo tackles, 2 sacks and a TD catch. He lead All Rookie DLineman in tackles. He produced. Nothing flashy but solid all around!!

Also keep in mind that it's not common for trench players to walk in and dominate.

They're young dudes and they're going up against guys who have been in NFL level lifting and diet regimens for years. That strength deficit isn't easy to overcome as a rookie.

Lol at people expecting a rookie DT to be prime Warren Sapp. If he was that good he would have been the first pick of the draft. Wilkins will be fine. He has the one thing you can't coach: motor.

Wilkins seems like another Hugely Overdrafted non- impact player. Miami is great getting 'those guys' (over drafted non impact players)

Back
Top Bottom