****Mock Draft Super Thread**** | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Mock Draft Super Thread****

So many people complaining

Yes it sucks we are in a situation where we might have to trade up and loose draft capital but there was never this heavily MEDIA driven “TANK” yes we cut bait on a lot of player does that mean we are tanking? No it doesn’t Grier stripped the team down so it can be built up from the floor yes the world knew we would suck as did the entire dolphin fan base. Theirs no way possible that Ross Grier or coach flo got all 53 players to buy in to losing on purpose not even remotely possible coach flo would have lost the locker room and did he? cause from my point of view the dolphins played hard and fraught with heart all year long and you could see a culture change on the field it shows how much of a leader coach flo is and players want to rally behind so no we didn’t lose on purpose like some have wanted because this was a culture changing season so stop complaining and as they say trust the process
MIAMI Everything you hit the nail right on the head. I couldn’t have articulated any better. I agree 100% with what you saw.
After week one & two I thought we were going to be like the ‘76 Bucs. As a season ticket holder, I tried to justify a reason for going to the games. My thought were, let’s see if they can improve by year end.

Flo made a believer out of me at seasons end. Beating the Pats with a bye on the line to the playoffs was game huge meaningful game for us late in December. Winning Culture is so much more important than where you draft. Would you rather be the Bengals with Zac Taylor and Borrows or Flo and insert blank? Please.

MIAMI Everything you hit the nail right on the head. I couldn’t have articulated any better. I agree 100% with what you saw.
After week one & two I thought we were going to be like the ‘76 Bucs. As a season ticket holder, I tried to justify a reason for going to the games. My thought were, let’s see if they can improve by year end.

Flo made a believer out of me at seasons end. Beating the Pats with a bye on the line to the playoffs was game huge meaningful game for us late in December. Winning Culture is so much more important than where you draft. Would you rather be the Bengals with Zac Taylor and Borrows or Flo and insert blank? Please.
Before the season started, all of us realized it wasn't going to be pretty, amd that was before parting ways with LT and MF.

Most of us were hoping\counting on seeing steady progess, and set that as the primary benchmark for a sucessful season.

Even though those first games were god awful and really hard to watch, it was a brutal early schedule, and we made steady progress.

Given the player turnover, it was quite amazing, and bodes well for the future.

I get that a higher draft pick would have been an advantage, but I for one have zero issues with how things played out.

How satisfying was that turdburger we rammed down the Patties gullet?

Last edited:
To the we should have lost the last 2 games crowd, please tell us how the coaches go to the players and say hey lets lose so we can get a better pick. The players played all year so changing the scheme the last few weeks to lose for a better draft position would have been easier to discern and the players would/could have a grievance as that would impact their performance and ability to make money. The dolphins management and scouting teams had all year to asses the players for the draft and if plan A is not available I'm sure they have a plan B and I hope it doesn't require them to lose draft capital for any player.

Sorry bro that’s losers talk. They are trying to re build a winning culture here again. That is more important to the organization than where or who we draft. In the immortal words of Herm Edwards
, “You play to WIN the Game!”
That culture to talk about is about to be culled

Moving up is going to cost us. This is why many of us were against meaningless wins.

I get it and I was the same at first but I think it's better for us in the long haul. Our player took notice and grew. Other players (potential free agents) also took notice which potentially helps us attract them to sign with us even more. This also includes draft prospects. I gives us more hope that we finally have the right staff in place. Had we only had one win everyone would be putting Flores on notice. We still have a top 5 pick and the most draft capital to get our QB.

OH excuse me, 5-11 . Now there's a season to be glue to the TV.....

3-13 wow, thats just so much worse than 5-11.

Truthfully if my Dolphins were winning and in the SB hunt I couldn't care less what some of the bottom feeders were doing. Its kind of like we were this year so, you want to watch year after year of a total failure ? Thats better ?

Lose the last two game and we are in a significantly better situation to get better. And thats what its all about IMO.

"Failure" ,, been there and did that more than my share

I have to admit I think beating the Patriots was totally worth it...as it was it did not hurt us.

in the end...it was worth finding a coach and the respect we have gotten.

It’s not where you pick...it’s who you pick!

Some folks don’t like chiasson. I’m on tbe fence. I tell ya what though he’s the only guy I saw do anything with those 2 Georgia tackles.

He got that one speed rush off vs Thomas, but Thomas made it look easy vs Chaisson most of the game. Vernon Gholston moment imo. He'd have to test really special for me to consider him in the Top 40. Maybe he will?

Flores did what he had to do. Try gain credibility w his team. It start in right directions... only time will tell how good he will be. For Grier I can understand but we still at top of draft.. need pick quality player this yr. 2019 draft was terrible except free agent pickup.

Last edited:
It’s not flawed at all. It’s called thinking with your head. We have one of the worst rosters in the league and need our picks. We don’t need to use our picks for 1 “china doll” player. The whole getting excited about a few wins is flawed and idiotic.
We have 90 million in free agent cap money to spend we needed to show we are a good organization by pulling out some wins. It will help with free agency watch

I don't like the idea of giving up multiple top picks to move up in the draft, but if I put aside my desire to solve a lot of the team's issues in one off season it's not so bad. For example sure it would be nice to draft starting caliber corner this year in the 1st round, but if you had to sign a place holder vet and wait until 2021 or even 2022 to address that need it's not that big of an deal.

I think it's likely Miami looks to trade picks #18, #26, #39 and/or #56. But in Trade Down scenarios. Grier has had rumored deals in the last 2 drafts for Miami's 1st round picks. He's stated how he'd like to have 10 picks in every draft moving forward, after making deals last year. I think Miami could net additional picks in the early rounds of both the 2020 and 2021 drafts. Any team moving up for #26, from the 2nd round, is almost certainly going to offer a 1st round pick in 2021. It's quite possible Miami eventually ends up with additional 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks in 2020 and 1st and 2nd round picks in 2021, if Grier plays Miami's cards right?

Last edited:
He got that one speed rush off vs Thomas, but Thomas made it look easy vs Chaisson most of the game. Vernon Gholston moment imo. He'd have to test really special for me to consider him in the Top 40. Maybe he will?

didn’t he get a spin move off against one of em too? I know I credited him with I think 3 pressures

I think he’s more versatility than pure on ball pass rush win so that in itself has to be quantified

Miami could virtually build their entire offense over the next 2 seasons because of the riches at WR, QB and OT. And from what I'm gathering so far CB and LB looks to be strong positions in the 2021 draft.

Does anyone feel it benefits the Phins that 2 of the teams they may be trying to trade with (Lions and Giants) are coached by guys who worked with Flores?

Herbert is a waste of a pick. He's not a winner and we might as well stay with Rosen if we cant Reasonably get Burrow or Tua.

Back
Top Bottom