Mock Drafts....daniel Jones-qb Duke | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Drafts....daniel Jones-qb Duke

FINMAN1

Active Roster
Reaction score
Been reading several mocks this morning, and two of them have the Fins taking Jones from Duke.
One had him falling to #13, and the other had us moving up to nab him. Also, on one of the mocks, they said the Broncos were high on him as well.
Of all the QBs I've read about on here, where does this guy rate in comparison.

If there was a QB I wanted to take aflier on high it's Lock.
Murray to a certain degree too.

Even then there are areas of concern with him.

If guys like Grier fell to day 2 I would think about him too.

Moving up for this guy is insane. Using the 13th pick is insane when there are far better options. I could stomach a 2nd or 3rd round pick but not happy at all. Think his real value is 4-5th round but he will be over drafted.

All the mocks have no consequences if they are wrong, so I think they throw as many qb's in the first round as possible. At 13 we could bring some ammo and move up for Murray.

Need to work on the trenches. A rookie QB’s development will be hindered behind our OL.
Still with the OL excuses ! We have 2 first round tackles, one that is one of the best in the league, not many teams have that. Two good centers, guards are weaker but no one in the league has all pro at every spot on the line. I seriously think a lot of posters don't watch any other team and still believe that the dolphins are the only team that has issues on the line. The line needs investment in the off season but it's far from our most glaring issue, we've had a statue at QB exposing it's weaknesses at every opportunity.

Draft Jones and keep Tannehill. Both are good QB's the Dolphins would be lucky to have, even if the fans don't get it (as if Miami hasn't struggled to even find competency at the position since Marino retired lol).

Seems like evaluators are all over the place on ALL of the QB prospects. Every time I read someone pushing for one of them in the first round, I see someone else saying they would not touch them.

Not the consensus that there seems to be on Tua and Lawrence but things could change on these guys as well over the next couple of seasons. How many times have we seen guys go back to school after being thought of as first round picks and then have a bad year and fall out out of the first round?

Lots of changes coming in the next few months. Senior Bowl, East-West Shrine game, combine, college workouts, interviews, etc.

There's always a smaller school prospect (or two) that jumps into the first round discussion.

Back
Top Bottom