Mock Drafts....daniel Jones-qb Duke | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Drafts....daniel Jones-qb Duke

USA Today has Miami picking Drew Lock at 13 in an article this morning.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...aft-2019-kyler-murray-first-round/2573007002/

13. Dolphins — Drew Lock, QB, Missouri: He is big (6-3, 225) and experienced (four-year starter) and was all-SEC in 2017 after throwing for a conference-record 44 TDs. Lock, who isn't the athlete that Miami incumbent Ryan Tannehill is, does need to improve his accuracy after completing fewer than 57 percent of his college throws.​

Does Jones = Tannehill? If so, been there, done that.

I haven’t evaluated him but I’m thinking higher ceiling guy. I want elite.

Seems like evaluators are all over the place on ALL of the QB prospects. Every time I read someone pushing for one of them in the first round, I see someone else saying they would not touch them.

Not the consensus that there seems to be on Tua and Lawrence but things could change on these guys as well over the next couple of seasons. How many times have we seen guys go back to school after being thought of as first round picks and then have a bad year and fall out out of the first round?

Lots of changes coming in the next few months. Senior Bowl, East-West Shrine game, combine, college workouts, interviews, etc.

There's always a smaller school prospect (or two) that jumps into the first round discussion.
Yep, when the prospects are projects you're going to get that. Everyone knows how valuable a QB is, so they look for someone with upside, and try to find that among a crop of QB's with serious flaws and bad evaluations, then they just pick the ones they like and inflate their evaluations. It leads to guys like Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder becoming the stars of teams' draft boards. It's not that those guys were busts … its that they never had any talent and bad scouts and bad GM's substituted hope and prayers for evaluation.

I see a lot of the same sort of thing coming in this draft. To me, Daniel Jones is the second coming of Christian Ponder. Everything we evaluate screams mediocre, yet some GM's so desperately want to get a QB they're seeing Tom Brady. I don't want the Dolphins to be the team wasting draft picks and time overdrafting the next Christian Ponder.

Daniel jones will get you a top 5 pick in 2020 I can tell you that much

So will plenty of other guys who won't cost #13 overall

I'm passing on Daniel Jonesenhill
Yeah I was reading some scouting stuff on him and came away thinking “so he’s Ryan tannehill then.”

Edit: now I just saw one that says he excels at presnap reads and using his eyes to create space. Go figure. That’s nothing like RT.

I believe the report that we will work to solidify offensive line and defensive line in this year's draft and wait for 2020 for a QB.

Still with the OL excuses ! We have 2 first round tackles, one that is one of the best in the league, not many teams have that. Two good centers, guards are weaker but no one in the league has all pro at every spot on the line. I seriously think a lot of posters don't watch any other team and still believe that the dolphins are the only team that has issues on the line. The line needs investment in the off season but it's far from our most glaring issue, we've had a statue at QB exposing it's weaknesses at every opportunity.

Why does the OL keep finishing bottom of the league though? Ok so it is all the QB? I guess were going to find out without Ryan here...

Who knows how they would have played wirh Sitton, also the back ie Drake and some of the TE’s didn’t help protectction either.

You cant tell me you were comfortable with the interior OL play?

USA Today has Miami picking Drew Lock at 13 in an article this morning.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...aft-2019-kyler-murray-first-round/2573007002/

13. Dolphins — Drew Lock, QB, Missouri: He is big (6-3, 225) and experienced (four-year starter) and was all-SEC in 2017 after throwing for a conference-record 44 TDs. Lock, who isn't the athlete that Miami incumbent Ryan Tannehill is, does need to improve his accuracy after completing fewer than 57 percent of his college throws.​

In thinking Denver takes a long look at Drew..

Back
Top Bottom