Mock Drafts....daniel Jones-qb Duke | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Drafts....daniel Jones-qb Duke

Here is my preference based on nothing really:

1st Round
1. Murray
2. Haskins
3. Stick

Rest of Draft
4. Thorson
5. Drew Anderson
6. Jordan Taamu

You just have to hope that our scouts / GMs are on the same page with their evaluation and what the opportunity cost is with investing in a QB.

Suppose Clein Ferrel drops to 13...do I take Murray instead of him?

Do I take Stick or do try to nab him in the 2nd?

The QB evaluation matters, but what also matters is how much do we value him? What resources are we willing to give up to get him? What is the opportunity cost?

Here is my preference based on nothing really:

1st Round
1. Murray
2. Haskins
3. Stick

Rest of Draft
4. Thorson
5. Drew Anderson
6. Jordan Taamu

You just have to hope that our scouts / GMs are on the same page with their evaluation and what the opportunity cost is with investing in a QB.

Suppose Clein Ferrel drops to 13...do I take Murray instead of him?

Do I take Stick?

Stick is a late round guy lmaooo

I like Easton stick. The media is in love w/ him right now too. It'll be interesting to see if the NFL comes around on him too in the next few months leading up to the draft

He’s absolutely atrocious.

He crumpled against good comp this year.

To be honest the only game I watched of his this year was the bowl game where he was excellent, I only care about college BBall because that's all Duke cares about (f***** Boeheim and his 2-3 zone killed our season with that injury, AFTER getting blown out by GT).:nuke:

I know his arm talent is a major concern, but his size/speed combined with his intangibles (being coached by Cutcliffe one of them, going to essentially an ivy league school another), he will get pushed up the boards and end up a first round pick come draft day.

Last edited:
I wouldn't move up for anyone based on Miami's position, and since they admitted to rebuilding it doesn't make sense to give up resources. I say go with best player available or trade down but don't trade up. I like the plan to get better in the trenches then go for the qb as another poster posted any qb signed will be impacted by this sub-par line.

Rest assured, John Elway will find the tallest, gangliest, dumbest quarterback on the planet and draft that guy to be his new franchise quarterback. And then cut or trade him in two years.

Only 2 QBs worth picking up in the 1st round are Murray and Haskins, and even then the former i mentioned isn’t really worth a top 15 pick imo. Everyone else is a crapshoot of middle to late round gets, that’s not saying those middle to late round QBs are garbage, it’s sayin they’re going to need to go into the right system and polish some things up to even start at the NFL level. But this is all just my opinion, I don’t claim to work for an NFL team or scout for an NFL team.

With that said if Jones is picked up at #13, I think my head will explode as well as everything in my stomach. My body will go into what the medical community refer to as MODS (Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome) and I will progress into death........but I hate to overreact......

Last edited:
Careful about Daniel Jones his intelligence can compensate for arm strength in college but not at the NFL.

Reminds too much of Chad Pennington or Christian Ponder

Careful about Daniel Jones his intelligence can compensate for arm strength in college but not at the NFL.

Reminds too much of Chad Pennington or Christian Ponder

Christian Ponder, yeah I was so wrong on that guy.

Whoever said this is a great year for o-line is grossly misinformed.Their are only 2-3 guards,centers
and tackles for a total of 6 POTENTIAL starters.Our line is a mess.Most pressure comes from middle of defense
in todays NFL,and thats where we are the weakest.We need to go shopping in the Big Ten and find some big.physical
corn-fed linmen with a nasty disposition and change our culture once and foe all.Screw this finesse crap.I dont want guys
from spread off. I want guys that can drive block and pass protect from a 3 pt. stance PERIOD THE END

Can someone tell me why Ryan Finley isn't a first round candidate? I watch some of his games and he looks really good. Picked Clemson apart. He has a good arm, size and he's athletic. What's the knock on him? The only thing I noticed is he's 24

Back
Top Bottom