Mock Drafts....daniel Jones-qb Duke | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Drafts....daniel Jones-qb Duke

if jones is 24 then that's definitely a flag. redshirt junior I think. 24 seems off to me. but if so given it looks like a 3 year what do I have after that and the fact his arm is at best average right now yeah id have to pass on that

you sure that's not ryan finley the 6th year qb who is 24 you are referring to?

They supposed to build from the lines out which means probably no QB this year in the early rounds

the one who reminds me most of ryan tannehill is ryan finley. not in the arm but with the feeling that hes almost all on script. jones I don't get quite that level with but just about all these kids minus the duel threat ones or the out of the womb pocket presence like Andrew luck you are gonna be banking on pocket presence and handling and development in the pros. at least if you draft the all pocket based ones.

overaged though and average at best arms yeah im gonna pass with any top 15 pick. and a qb in the second or third round isn't coming to be plan a so it really does nothing for me. either im all in or I pass

if jones is 24 then that's definitely a flag. redshirt junior I think. 24 seems off to me. but if so given it looks like a 3 year what do I have after that and the fact his arm is at best average right now yeah id have to pass on that

He is 21..

Yeah u could be right. I just wasn't sure where or who I saw that age for. But if Jones is young then I would go Lock as first pick Jones as second . We just need to start trying to get a QB now. Then if he doesn't workout or loses a competition with Falk the we try again next year.

Ok as someone posted earlier- I didn't realize Jones was 24 already I think. No no! By the time he comes around he could be 26. No. Go young as possible at QB. I am in Lock camp now lol

Don't believe everything you hear. He's 21 - will be 22 on May 27th.

I’d hate to know what they traded to move all the way to 5. That pick is a major major reach at 5.

Wait til after the senior bowl. Likely Jones is a fast mover up the board.

Probably gonna crush interviews

Jones is one of a handful I’m interested in... we need to scout the hell out of these QB’s.

The argument that this draft sucks and wait till next year is foolishness to me!

I think for me it’s more the argument of I love this kid wait for him etc when if the league feels the same way you are gonna have a hell of a time getting in position to get one in the future unless you end up having one of those top picks.

And I can absolutely see us not having that kind of luck unless they flat out role with a Fales or a falk which frankly I see as unlikely.

They are probably gonna end up with something at least serviceable and that means finishing in position for that Star qb prospect is gonna be well easier said than done. Same for trading up for it.

Sounds great hard to do and left at the altar plenty

USA Today has Miami picking Drew Lock at 13 in an article this morning.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...aft-2019-kyler-murray-first-round/2573007002/

13. Dolphins — Drew Lock, QB, Missouri: He is big (6-3, 225) and experienced (four-year starter) and was all-SEC in 2017 after throwing for a conference-record 44 TDs. Lock, who isn't the athlete that Miami incumbent Ryan Tannehill is, does need to improve his accuracy after completing fewer than 57 percent of his college throws.​

That was 2017... he was like 61% in 2018... he improved every year.

I think for me it’s more the argument of I love this kid wait for him etc when if the league feels the same way you are gonna have a hell of a time getting in position to get one in the future unless you end up having one of those top picks.

And I can absolutely see us not having that kind of luck unless they flat out role with a Fales or a falk which frankly I see as unlikely.

They are probably gonna end up with something at least serviceable and that means finishing in position for that Star qb prospect is gonna be well easier said than done. Same for trading up for it.

Sounds great hard to do and left at the altar plenty

You really should identify the QB you love...and go get him... QB is too important.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom