Mod | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mod

NaboCane said:
Look guys, there's no subterfuge here, just a lot of very qualified, very active and beloved members - and only a couple of positions that open at a time.

Everyone who wants to be a part of the site in an active role will eventually get a chance I think; but you can't make it fit an individual's personal goals for achieving that, even sometimes at the cost of disappointing someone you'd rather not disappoint.

Please trust me and the others when we say that there's quite a bit that goes into these decisions; a lot of factors to consider, a lot of discussion and a lot of very hard decisions by those who have to make them.

Don't take it as an affront if you come in second, just do your best to make yourself even more valuable so you can be in the next go-round.

I understand now. Muck explained it well to me in a PM. I'm fine and happy with d-day and DM being a mod. :D

Here are my :2c:

Being a mod is an important decision and the people that choose this are doing what they think is right for this site. Every time they choose someone they know that a few (1) of you will always throw in a comment about it. I think D-day and DM were the perfect choices. Nubs and JT would be on my list for next time. (maybe even Mike0:hide: )

Ace you keep on starting stuff like this then 2-3 hours later you say you are sorry you started this thread. You have done this more than a few times and I think you are not ready to take on this role.

I would be a mod if needed, yeah I can cut out the sarcasm, LOL! I have pretty much anyway. This is a great site, I would love to contribute in some way. I wish I could give money but right now I am living paycheck to paycheck.

wpgfishfan said:
Here are my :2c:

Being a mod is an important decision and the people that choose this are doing what they think is right for this site. Every time they choose someone they know that a few (1) of you will always throw in a comment about it. I think D-day and DM were the perfect choices. Nubs and JT would be on my list for next time. (maybe even Mike0:hide: )

Ace you keep on starting stuff like this then 2-3 hours later you say you are sorry you started this thread. You have done this more than a few times and I think you are not ready to take on this role.

You may not thing that I'm ready, but I believe I know the most if I am ready or not. The problem with me is that I can't stay mad at someone or something over a long period of time. I let my bad emotions type too much and then I wake up out of it later and wish I never made some comments.

Ace88 said:
You may not thing that I'm ready, but I believe I know the most if I am ready or not. The problem with me is that I can't stay mad at someone or something over a long period of time. I let my bad emotions type too much and then I wake up out of it later and wish I never made some comments.

But the fact that you did make those comments makes the rest of us shaky about you ever becoming a mod bro. Just sit back and relax being a regular poster why would you want to sit in school all day then come home and have to work online for no money, sounds dumb to me. I'd rather come home after a hard day hope on the computer and enjoy myself knowing i dont have to do work online. Being a mod isnt fun, its a job. :wink:

Buddwalk said:
But the fact that you did make those comments makes the rest of us shaky about you ever becoming a mod bro. Just sit back and relax being a regular poster why would you want to sit in school all day then come home and have to work online for no money, sounds dumb to me. I'd rather come home after a hard day hope on the computer and enjoy myself knowing i dont have to do work online. Being a mod isnt fun, its a job. :wink:

I'm not trying to become a mod. All I'm saying is that I'm ready if needed to be called on and I know that I can be good at it. It might be a job, but you always don't have to try to make it one.

Just to set the record clear, I thought that the only people getting the respect are the ones in the lounge and I use to think that the outsiders of the lounge didn't get any. Muck and a fewmore has explained it too me and I understand now. I wish that this disscusion could die down.

Ace88 said:
I'm not trying to become a mod. All I'm saying is that I'm ready if needed to be called on and I know that I can be good at it. It might be a job, but you always don't have to try to make it one.

Just to set the record clear, I thought that the only people getting the respect are the ones in the lounge and I use to think that the outsiders of the lounge didn't get any. Muck and a fewmore has explained it too me and I understand now. I wish that this disscusion could die down.

I see what your saying but who outside of the lounge would of you made a mod over dday and dm...I honestly thought they both deserved it very much. Both contribute alot to the site, JT, Kevin, Nub should all be on the next list. Dont look for the mods to call on you to be a mod, im not speaking for them on any behalf but im from the 3 threads you made lashing out on the mods respect i think it might of hurt there perspective on you and they might not think your mature enough to handle the position. Like I said man dont sweat it, just enjoy the forums as they are.

Ace88 said:

You just admitted that you sometimes let your emotions get the best of you (and they have the past couple of days, no question). How can we entrust you to handle things on a daily basis if you can't handle yourself accordingly?

I hate to be so blunt about it, but we can't have people that can't control themselves be thrust into a position of leadership. Now that's not to say that we won't change our minds. We see everything for the most part, and if situations arise where you handle yourself with maturity and professionalism on the board in the future, maybe things will be different.

TerryTate said:
You just admitted that you sometimes let your emotions get the best of you (and they have the past couple of days, no question). How can we entrust you to handle things on a daily basis if you can't handle yourself accordingly?

I hate to be so blunt about it, but we can't have people that can't control themselves be thrust into a position of leadership. Now that's not to say that we won't change our minds. We see everything for the most part, and if situations arise where you handle yourself with maturity and professionalism on the board in the future, maybe things will be different.

:yeahthat:

TerryTate said:

I understand your opinion about me and I respect that. I'm no TO, so don't worry bout that. :wink:

Ace88 said:
I understand your opinion about me and I respect that. I'm no TO, so don't worry bout that. :wink:
Brother Zach, there have been some great advice here. Give it time brother, set the example, and your time will come. At your young age you have experienced some things that could be beneficial to others knowing what you have gone through with your health concerns, and how you have handled different situations. We learn from our mistakes, and it makes us better people all the way around. I am still learning believe me.:wink:

I want to be a mod!!! :tantrum: Wait!!! that'd be a demotion!:fire: (I hope wharf doesn't see this..:couch:.)

Back
Top Bottom