Moore looked good tonight against the Broncos | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Moore looked good tonight against the Broncos

And people are entitled to their opinions - here’s mine: if RT doesn’t get hurt in the Cards game we don’t make the playoffs. We might have lost the Cards game and we were not beating Buffalo in Buffalo.

I've always wondered about that myself. RT put us into position many times and then bowed out at the end of the season over and over. Having Moore come into finish out a playoff run wasn't the worst thing to happen with that considered, though Moore was never going to be able to win shootout after shootout like we were getting with street free agents starting at safety against top offenses. Still, I felt like Tannehill had progressed a lot in 2016, and I was waiting on him to provide an answer to the question of if he could secure a playoff berth when the rest of his game improved. I know we bowed out again with him at the helm last year, but that felt far less like a Tannehill alone failure than a complete team failure where all phases were awful after that Pats game last year.

I've always wondered about that myself. RT put us into position many times and then bowed out at the end of the season over and over. Having Moore come into finish out a playoff run wasn't the worst thing to happen with that considered, though Moore was never going to be able to win shootout after shootout like we were getting with street free agents starting at safety against top offenses. Still, I felt like Tannehill had progressed a lot in 2016, and I was waiting on him to provide an answer to the question of if he could secure a playoff berth when the rest of his game improved. I know we bowed out again with him at the helm last year, but that felt far less like a Tannehill alone failure than a complete team failure where all phases were awful after that Pats game last year.

What a level headed take lol. I agree with it. We had rain in the cards game but Ryan had 3TD's before going down. Seemed like he was well on his way to a great game but I guess you never know. The Bills/Jets teams were not the same ones Ryan had failed against in 13 and 14. Both had dominant fronts (2013/2014) and on top of that our Line was actually a little better with Albert, Tunsil at G and James in 16. The Jets were a hot mess. That QB they were playing that we had in camp last year (Petty? already forget his name) wasn't winning anything.

The Christmas eve game in Buffalo was all about Ajayi. Moore really didn't play well, threw a bad pick near the end zone. With the game on the line Gase put the game in Ajayi's hands, not Moore's.

I do agree that expecting Moore to win shootout after shootout with street free agents all over of defense was way to much to ask and a great way of putting it. I think there are posters on here who blame Moore for the loss in Pittsburgh which to me is hilarious. I mean I got up that Sunday, put on my Fins gear and rooted as much as I could but I truly didn't think we were winning an away playoff game with the amount of street free agents we had on defense and Kiko playing with a club.

I'd love to know how the injury and "opt of" of immediate surgery went down. If it was Ryan's choice, I blame him but understand he may have strong feelings about this sort of thing. If it was Gase holding out hope he could get Ryan back and win that playoff game, than he's an idiot. That whole Monday presser after the injury felt like Boobie Myles to me :).

So moore is out playing Aaron Rodgers. Just throwing that out there lol/
Matt Moore is a good fit for that KC offense. He played terrific. Shady McCoy blew the game IMO. And Aaron Rodgers did what he does - clutch at the end. But it was telling after the game when Collinsworth said “how about a little applause for Matt Moore” - and pointed out during the game he was going blow for blow w Rodgers. Moore could always play - issue is play consistently and take care of the football. That KC team is so loaded, he just needs to be a smart veteran QB and take what the D gives. Which is what he did last night. And he made a couple of gorgeous plays like the TD to Kelce. By the way, is it me or does Kelce drop a lot of contested balls? I felt he should have caught that one on what turned about to be the last KC drive. It was contested, but Gronk would have caught that. And he dropped a TD that he had to go up and get but it went through his entire two hands - was not a finger tip play. There was another that left me unimpressed. I don’t watch KC a lot but I feel like I’ve seen this before w him. Did not like he and the guys dancing on the sideline to fire up the crowd. Concentrate on the game. There’s something “off” about him to me as good as he is.

What a level headed take lol. I agree with it. We had rain in the cards game but Ryan had 3TD's before going down. Seemed like he was well on his way to a great game but I guess you never know. The Bills/Jets teams were not the same ones Ryan had failed against in 13 and 14. Both had dominant fronts (2013/2014) and on top of that our Line was actually a little better with Albert, Tunsil at G and James in 16. The Jets were a hot mess. That QB they were playing that we had in camp last year (Petty? already forget his name) wasn't winning anything.

The Christmas eve game in Buffalo was all about Ajayi. Moore really didn't play well, threw a bad pick near the end zone. With the game on the line Gase put the game in Ajayi's hands, not Moore's.

I do agree that expecting Moore to win shootout after shootout with street free agents all over of defense was way to much to ask and a great way of putting it. I think there are posters on here who blame Moore for the loss in Pittsburgh which to me is hilarious. I mean I got up that Sunday, put on my Fins gear and rooted as much as I could but I truly didn't think we were winning an away playoff game with the amount of street free agents we had on defense and Kiko playing with a club.

I'd love to know how the injury and "opt of" of immediate surgery went down. If it was Ryan's choice, I blame him but understand he may have strong feelings about this sort of thing. If it was Gase holding out hope he could get Ryan back and win that playoff game, than he's an idiot. That whole Monday presser after the injury felt like Boobie Myles to me :).
Moore played really well in the 2 drives he had in the Cards game but it was beating the Jets and Bills that were the keys. I don’t agree that he didn’t play that well against those teams. His QBR was higher than RTs on the season and our PPG went up. Also, I do agree that he was not why we lost to Pitt. He was the only guy that looked ready to play. We were down 14-0 before I got the bottle cap off of my first beer. Matt set a team record for playoff completion % at 29 of 36 and near 300 yards. The rest of the team let him down - including Ajai who was useless in the game. He also took that cheap shot and came right back in. A lot of respect for the guy. I would like to see RT get the Titans to the playoffs this year and Moore to keep KC in the hunt for the no 2 seed until Mahomes comes back. Rooting for both guys plus Cam Wake.

Re last year- RT hurt his shoulder on that play vs Cincy where he tried to throw on the run and ((what else) the DL was turned loose. RT and Fins looked good to start season until our LG went down and our OL fell apart.

I will always blame Dolphins for never getting RT a solid line with depth. it cost this org big time.

Gase also had his top two playmakers quit on him that season and was fired after he ran his own offense, the one that secured a playoff berth with Matt Moore in 2016, into the ground. If Gase made good personnel decisions he'd still be coaching the Dolphins.

He did make good personnel decisions!

He got rid of Mr. Ross, in a manner of speaking.

He did make good personnel decisions!

He got rid of Mr. Ross, in a manner of speaking.

Doesn't count in my book. He's well on his way to burning down a second franchise and banishing himself from the head coaching ranks for a long, long time.

Doesn't count in my book. He's well on his way to burning down a second franchise and banishing himself from the head coaching ranks for a long, long time.

The Jets were far worse off as a franchise then the Dolphins were while Adam Gase was here and seemed to lack any serious cohesion for years.

Having Gase come in shortly before the Jets fired their GM, but after the draft, should tell you more about the state of that franchise then any other actions they have made.

Losing his QB to mononucleosis (remember it took a year for Julius Peppers to "fully recover" from mono while he was with the Panthers and then with the Bears) along with the loss of their 2nd string QB in his first game probably has had a lot to do with his teams limited development this year.

I'm curious to see how well they play the rest of this year, since the QB is still showing the results of mono in his loss of energy and stamina during his games since his return; along with the reality that it often takes QB's 4 to 6 weeks to start effectively using under a totally new coaching staff.

It still continues to amaze me that many posters who feel they are well versed in football seem to be the ones who get the most "wound around the wheel" when their teams don't select the player they want, or use a play call that isn't the one they want. Maybe they suffer from "Madden", a mental disorder aimed at football fans that distorts their knowledge and reality about football players and strategies. I bet that 'Vegas is angry that they didn't develop it. Not as simple as poker but with a pretty good fanbase of its own.

The Jets were far worse off as a franchise then the Dolphins were while Adam Gase was here and seemed to lack any serious cohesion for years.

Having Gase come in shortly before the Jets fired their GM, but after the draft, should tell you more about the state of that franchise then any other actions they have made.

Losing his QB to mononucleosis (remember it took a year for Julius Peppers to "fully recover" from mono while he was with the Panthers and then with the Bears) along with the loss of their 2nd string QB in his first game probably has had a lot to do with his teams limited development this year.

I'm curious to see how well they play the rest of this year, since the QB is still showing the results of mono in his loss of energy and stamina during his games since his return; along with the reality that it often takes QB's 4 to 6 weeks to start effectively using under a totally new coaching staff.

It still continues to amaze me that many posters who feel they are well versed in football seem to be the ones who get the most "wound around the wheel" when their teams don't select the player they want, or use a play call that isn't the one they want. Maybe they suffer from "Madden", a mental disorder aimed at football fans that distorts their knowledge and reality about football players and strategies. I bet that 'Vegas is angry that they didn't develop it. Not as simple as poker but with a pretty good fanbase of its own.

I'd give Gase more credit except he threw Tannehill under the bus during his press conference talking about not having to baby QB's, and then his pass protection has been as bad as Tannehill's worst games here where QB's can scarcely get a pass off. It appears like you can be smart at designing route combinations while being completely inept at stopping the pass rush.

I'd give Gase more credit except he threw Tannehill under the bus during his press conference talking about not having to baby QB's, and then his pass protection has been as bad as Tannehill's worst games here where QB's can scarcely get a pass off. It appears like you can be smart at designing route combinations while being completely inept at stopping the pass rush.

I'm not sure which press conference you are talking about.

I felt something went wrong in Gases' relationship with Tannehill somewhere around the 3rd or 4th game last season. I do not have any knowledge about what happened. I had seen in the past where Gase supported a player having some problems and later (like a year or so) gave up on that player. In most cases the reasons were obvious to me.

Ajay is a good example: he stumbled in the beginning with some behavioral issues and wasn't allowed to go to the coast with the team. The problem got resolved and his performance improved. Then his performance fell off and his behavior in London showed, to me anyway, a total lack of focus and a questionable lack of desire.

I presume there was some kind of action (or lack of action) on Tannehills part around the 3rd or 4th game last season that Gase felt justified on giving up on Tannehill.

I would point out that Tannehill praised Gase, even after he ended up with the Titans.

My point is that Gase does not make knee jerk reactions like many of us on this board do. He is usually self contained and works at helping players. It seems to me hw will eventually give up on a player who won't help himself.

Most of the complaints I read about Gase are based on a posters point of view which usually doesn't bear up under an information based examination. A good example is questionable play calling. If one of us wanted another play run and the called play fails, Gase was an idiot. If one of his plays succeeds in a major way, he was just lucky. Consider our play that beat the Patriots. I'm sure you read posters here calling it a trick play and that we were lucky Gronk tripped up. I remember Gase talking about it after the game and pointing out its a standard play that every team practices. What he didn't say was that a lot of our guys DID THEIR JOB and did it well.

I think its time we stopped complaining about Gase or Tannehill or any of the other people who are no longer on the Dolphins. We've got more then enough problems with who we have right now. I'm an optimist and anticipate the coaching will resolve itself (I think this is already happening). Which players show up or grow and develop or are about to be drafted or brought in as FA's is a total guess for me at this point. I certainly don't have to look at other teams to find something to complain about. I leaver that to the lemmings.

Sorry, but Gase managed to find issue with most every talented player on the roster. He was the problem.

Back
Top Bottom