Moore looked good tonight against the Broncos | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Moore looked good tonight against the Broncos

He was? What about the 4 games he played that got us to the playoffs (3-1) in December? Our PPG went up as compared to Tannehill as well. Matt Moore has a better winning % (Carolina + Miami) than both Cutler (the moron they brought in over him) and Tannehill. I hope he crushes it for KC.

That small sample size was the highlight of his career because the year after that in 2017 he threw more interceptions than touchdowns in the games he played. In 2016 Matt Moore had a pro bowl rb and wrs who were creating YAC yards for him, Moore's problem was weak arm strength,he was an interception waiting to happen, Pre snap reads were not great, and he was dink and dunk, I actually liked him better in 2011.

Matt Moore is a really good backup quarterback. He's always going to take a shot. He's going to miss a lot of those shots, but he hits enough that he presents a credible scoring threat through the air. Most backup quarterbacks -- and even a few starters -- don't even reach that threshold of being able to threaten a defense down the field.

With the Dolphins straight up not in any contention for anything but the #1 pick, sure, why not. I'll cheer for Matt Moore.

That small sample size was the highlight of his career because the year after that in 2017 he threw more interceptions than touchdowns in the games he played. In 2016 Matt Moore had a pro bowl rb and wrs who were creating YAC yards for him, Moore's problem was weak arm strength,he was an interception waiting to happen, Pre snap reads were not great, and he was dink and dunk, I actually liked him better in 2011.
It was a really good stretch of play for him in 2016. He also had another real good stretch when he took over for Henne as you point out. I wouldn’t call his arm weak - stronger than Fitz but not as strong as Tanny. He turned it over and is not capable of being a 16 game QB but 3-5 games? I like him a lot for those situations. He’s going to keep the ship afloat for KC until Mahomes comes back. I really believe that. His career stats are not bad in terms of win % (just over .500) and QBR etc. Yes, they say “average” but he does have some winning intangibles that other average QBs don’t. I’m KC he’s not going to have to put it on his shoulders - if he plays smart, he’s going to win most of those games and post a QBR over 100. Table is set for him to do that.

Matt Moore is a really good backup quarterback. He's always going to take a shot. He's going to miss a lot of those shots, but he hits enough that he presents a credible scoring threat through the air. Most backup quarterbacks -- and even a few starters -- don't even reach that threshold of being able to threaten a defense down the field.

With the Dolphins straight up not in any contention for anything but the #1 pick, sure, why not. I'll cheer for Matt Moore.
This - you want Moore off of the bench over Osweiler etc for the reasons you cite above.

What's funny is that pretty much every analyst on this situation - and when the reigning MVP goes down during a prime time game there are a ton of them - is casting Matt Moore as a game manager who won't make big plays when its entirely the opposite. Of course he won't make the same number Mahomes will but you give him those weapons in KC and he's gonna find someone downfield every so often.

He threw one more INT than TDs and his two starts that year were against our two worst opponents over the last decade- New England in NE and Baltimore anywhere. He played fantastic in his two relief spots that year.

Well they could settle a Finheaven debate from years ago. In a couple of weeks they will be able to choose from Matt Moore and Chad Henne. Now by the end of 2011 I thought Moore was defined better and thought Spartans was an idiot for going with Henne. Not sure everyone here agrees. With nothing to watch from the Dolphins the ex Dolphins QB storylines are great. Again we have Tannehill vs Moore or Henne in 2 weeks.

He threw one more INT than TDs and his two starts that year were against our two worst opponents over the last decade- New England in NE and Baltimore anywhere. He played fantastic in his two relief spots that year.

He definitely didn't play fantastic that's why Gase still went with Cutler who also was playing horribly that year, there's a reason Moore has a career completion percentage under 60%, a passer rating at 81.2 and a Y/A at 7.0, Moore just wasn't a good qb for the majority of his career.

He definitely didn't play fantastic that's why Gase still went with Cutler who also was playing horribly that year, there's a reason Moore has a career completion percentage under 60%, a passer rating at 81.2 and a Y/A at 7.0, Moore just wasn't a good qb for the majority of his career.

Gase also had his top two playmakers quit on him that season and was fired after he ran his own offense, the one that secured a playoff berth with Matt Moore in 2016, into the ground. If Gase made good personnel decisions he'd still be coaching the Dolphins.

Gase also had his top two playmakers quit on him that season and was fired after he ran his own offense, the one that secured a playoff berth with Matt Moore in 2016, into the ground. If Gase made good personnel decisions he'd still be coaching the Dolphins.

I agree Gase was trash but it was clear the offense was limited when Moore was in, you just knew the ducks he threw were going to be picked if it traveled more than ten yards.

Well they could settle a Finheaven debate from years ago. In a couple of weeks they will be able to choose from Matt Moore and Chad Henne. Now by the end of 2011 I thought Moore was defined better and thought Spartans was an idiot for going with Henne. Not sure everyone here agrees. With nothing to watch from the Dolphins the ex Dolphins QB storylines are great. Again we have Tannehill vs Moore or Henne in 2 weeks.

Matt Moore was clearly better than Henne and if Moore didn't settle than in 2011 for some he never will. It's not out of the realm of possibility that Henne could end up starting over Moore at some point, but one must remember that Moore has scarcely even had a preseason with the Chiefs, while Henne had two camps and preseasons. He has a leg up...if that leg weren't broken. We'll see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom