Moore to Miss 2003 Sesaon | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Moore to Miss 2003 Sesaon

I take comfort in the fact that most of these guys will be back, or are already back. Dixon, Konrad, Surtain (although he'll likely play in pain all year), Fiedler, McKnight, Burnett, D. Bowens (in some capacity).....they'll all be back.

Who have we lost for the season?? Ed Perry and Eddie Moore.

Yes, losing these two hurt. But it could be worse. I don't even have to mention how, because you already know. And we won't elaborate unless such events occur. No reason to mess with a potential hex. :)

Remember, it's all about how you finish. I'd rather suffer these "little" injuries right now than down the stretch. Hopefully we're getting the injury bug early on.

We have absolutely no depth behind our LB starters.. Why did Miami trade Derrick Rodgers?? We needed depth.. Now we got nothing but a rookie and Hendricks :nono: Something always goes wrong.. Hopefully it's over with..

I'm depressed. :( :( :( The one knock on this guy coming out of college was, you guessed it, injury prone. What a waste!

I hate to be the bearer of gloom and doom, but I just have a bad feeling about this season.

I pray I'm wrong.

Originally posted by poppy
I'm depressed. :( :( :( The one knock on this guy coming out of college was, you guessed it, injury prone. What a waste!

I hate to be the bearer of gloom and doom, but I just have a bad feeling about this season.

I pray I'm wrong.

:lol: I have a bad feeling about this season as well but just stay positive.. atleast we didn't lose one of the big timers.. Even though it's only been 1 pre-season game.. Time for players to step up..

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
We have absolutely no depth behind our LB starters.. Why did Miami trade Derrick Rodgers?? We needed depth.. Now we got nothing but a rookie and Hendricks :nono:

Because we needed to get younger at LB....and $1.5 million is too much for a backup LB. Sure, it counts against the cap this year. But we're free and clear next year.

Also, the Dolphins liked and respected him enough to let him go out and start (which he is doing in NO).

Man.....I tell you guys one thing.......I hope none of the players read this thread........they'll liable to QUIT!!!!!.......I think this is where the boys will be seperated from the men........suck it up people!........cheer the guys on......no matter what!!!!!!!

The cards are being dealt...........play em!

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
We have absolutely no depth behind our LB starters.. Why did Miami trade Derrick Rodgers?? We needed depth.. Now we got nothing but a rookie and Hendricks :nono: Something always goes wrong.. Hopefully it's over with..

because he was way overpaid for what he was producing

Originally posted by pgsmelt
Man.....I tell you guys one thing.......I hope none of the players read this thread........they'll liable to QUIT!!!!!.......I think this is where the boys will be seperated from the men........suck it up people!........cheer the guys on......no matter what!!!!!!!

The cards are being dealt...........play em!

true, injuries are a part of the game...just hope you don't end up like last year's Bears(who literally lost like 25 people to big injuries)

Ok, look at it this way.

Greenwood had a fire lit under his butt, right, and he has played relatively well in camps (and in the Tampa game), so let's just look at it like Greenwood is keeping his job. I mean, the difference between Moore as a rookie and Greenwood is not huge. What might hurt is that Moore will have his first preseason next year.

The loss of Perry sucks, but bright side is that we signed a new guy and the worst case scenario is a couple of bad snaps (which could hurt a lot if they are REALLY bad, but for the most part we are looking at a couple bad holds and maybe a couple missed kicks). Granted, a "couple missed kicks" is quite a few points and MAYBE (should the bad snap fall on a bad day) a loss of a game. But if this guy can just get in there and snap, which is what long snappers do, we will be alright.

As for the rest of the injuries, it goes like this: Surtain is going to be back for the opener... take it to the bank. OG wouldn't make this team if he were healthy. Dixon hurts, but we all have no idea how serious it is and hopefully he will be back... it is apparently unrelated to his last injury. Konrad will be back for the opener... it's just a pinkie finger. Fiedler is fine, Chambers is fine, Ricky is fine, Randy is fine, JT is fine, etc. etc. etc. What have we lost? A backup LB (could bite us in the ash in terms of depth... but if the LBs stay healthy, not a problem), a deep snapper, and an LT (for an indeterminate amount of time... hopefully back for the opener).

Don't jump ship yet guys.

None of these injuries are real serious. Most of the important guys are back for week one. Those who arent? Who cares, we've got an extra preseason game as far as I'm concerned.

Moore dont bother me because I'm got a senseless desire to see Corey Jenkins starting no matter what.

As much as this injuries suck, I think the potential of the team is still intact.
I feel the team is hungry and focused, I have a good feeling about this season. GO PHINS!

Back
Top Bottom