Moore to Miss 2003 Sesaon | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Moore to Miss 2003 Sesaon

Sorry to hear that about Eddie Moore. The bright side is that he can come back next year and make your linebacking corps that much deeper. Buffalo lost Brandon Spoon last year for a whole season. Now he's back and looks like he's going to be a great backup to London Fletcher. It's almost like trading a draft choice this year for one next year.

Originally posted by TigerJ
Sorry to hear that about Eddie Moore. The bright side is that he can come back next year and make your linebacking corps that much deeper. Buffalo lost Brandon Spoon last year for a whole season. Now he's back and looks like he's going to be a great backup to London Fletcher. It's almost like trading a draft choice this year for one next year.

true tiger...can't wait to see the lovin spoonful this year;)

I don't know

Eddie Moore = Injury Prone. I'm pretty sure of this now. I heard all the stories about how good he looked in mini and training camp, but now this. Seems like there is some justification for the way many of us felt when he was drafted...

...no way to predict injuries, I know, but I wish we didn't take this guy. Back when we drafted him I didn't want him, I especially don't want him now. That doesn't make me a psychic but I can't help but think we had warning signs about this guy...

...not going to get my hopes up for him next year, cut or send to practice squad and get a more physically skilled player without an injury history in next's years draft.

Heh

Yah I fixed that right before you posted. I stand by my statement regarding him as a player though. Just never felt good about the draft pick, given all the things he had going against him ( injury history foremost)

I'm sick about this. He showed some good promise. We also have another special teams hole to fill now.

I HATE INJURIES!!! :fire:

Originally posted by Dude
I'm sick about this. He showed some good promise. We also have another special teams hole to fill now.

I HATE INJURIES!!! :fire:

you guys aren't in good standing with the Lord
:lol:

j/k

Wow....very dissapointing news to me. I was expecting big things from him.

He's only a rookie it's expecting too much of him to produce his first year anyway. They'll probably scour the waiver wire to add another LB.

I think Dixon getting hurt now might be a blessing in disguise b/c it gives Wade Smith 3 preseason games to play w/ the first team and get some valuable PT. It is better that Dixon got hurt now than during the season, hopefully this is his big injury for this year and he'll be healthy for the season, but that seems unlikely given his injury history. Who knows, maybe Wade Smith will play good enough that he'll take Dixon's job a year or two earlier than projected.

Jenkins

Corey Jenkins could be the next Dexter Coakley.....Same size / Speed / style of play. Perfect OLB in our system...... Moore being out will get Jenkins lots more looks.

It seems to me that in addition to special teams the hope for Moore this year was that he could come in as a coverage linebacker on passing downs in place of Seau and/or Greenwood. Short of bringing in someone else (which is certainly a distinct possibility) the following scenarios seem possible:
--Corey Jenkins becomes this year's Randy McMichael and is able to assume the role for which Eddie Moore was drafted (you would think his time at safety in college, albeit limited, will aid in coverage skills).
--An additional linebacker presently on the roster (Brendon Ayanbedego, Bam Hardmon, Devin Lemons or phone stalker Justin Seaverns) makes the final cut.
--One less linebacker and one additional defensive back make the final roster. This probably won't happen due to depth and special teams needs, but if the old football cliche of "putting the best eleven on the field" held true I think this would be very likely. Imagine Sammy Knight (who weighs only 15 lbs. less than Zach Thomas) in a rover role. I don't know if such a system would work at the pro level, but it would essentially be a nickel package where someone (Freeman?) would take over Knight's safety responsibilities freeing him up to match up wherever the offensive formation dictated.

I'm sure they'll probably just pick someone up after roster cuts later this month or maybe even trade someone where they still have decent depth. Is there decent depth left anywhere? I'm not sure, but you know it's bad when they do a blurb specifically about your team's injury woes on Sportscenter...which they just did. Not good.

Back
Top Bottom