More details on Fangio's departure | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More details on Fangio's departure

That right there from Junior is obviously written from the heart. Guess he is glad now to finally get it off his chest. I only have one question for @Jamesw ...what was her name? 😂
Pops that “fictional” memory came from the late 1990s. And We both signed a mutual non disclosure agreement. 🤣

Dont really have your finger on the pulse of the crowd here do ya?

Honestly, I was excited about Fangio and the defense was legit in the window when Ramsey and pass rush were healthy. It’s hard for me to flip a switch and say we’re better off without Fangio because some players posted TikTok’s.

I’m more concerned why we couldn’t keep a DC like Fangio. I hope someone asks why that mofo coached across 9 teams and 30+ years but NOW he’s gotta coach close to family. Fair, he was a Philly consultant last year but last time he was in Philly in a professional capacity was 1985 with the USFL Philadelphia Stars. Like wtf.

Last offseason I was bewildered we were placing such faith in a defensive coordinator.

This offseason I have no idea why we care about Cam Smith.

It's too bad the Chiefs didn't convert all those first half opportunities. It was far more the Chiefs young receivers failing to execute, than anything the Dolphins did. Plus some stupid penalties.

That game was rightfully a 40+ surrender. It would lend to jolting realities regarding our defensive personnel. Instead it looks like we'll bring in some new deck shuffler.

He earned the right to be the only voice in the room. The Dolphins finished the year ranked 10th in total defense, allowing 318.3 yards per game. That's the first time since 2010, and that's with a ton of stars missing on defense.

Losing Fangio is not a good thing. Could give two shi*ts the players are happy about it.

Explain how he deserved to be the only voice in the room. Because of his stellar HC resume?

Nah.

I liked him as a DC originally, but you CANNOT lose a locker room. Apparently, Fangio not only did that, but also alienated the HC.

He can GTFO.

Last offseason I was bewildered we were placing such faith in a defensive coordinator.

This offseason I have no idea why we care about Cam Smith.

It's too bad the Chiefs didn't convert all those first half opportunities. It was far more the Chiefs young receivers failing to execute, than anything the Dolphins did. Plus some stupid penalties.

That game was rightfully a 40+ surrender. It would lend to jolting realities regarding our defensive personnel. Instead it looks like we'll bring in some new deck shuffler.

I’m not certain it’s that we care about Cam Smith; it’s that we don’t even know what Cam Smith can do. Fangio refused to play him. And that’s just crazy that he barely saw the field.

Honestly, I was excited about Fangio and the defense was legit in the window when Ramsey and pass rush were healthy. It’s hard for me to flip a switch and say we’re better off without Fangio because some players posted TikTok’s.

I’m more concerned why we couldn’t keep a DC like Fangio. I hope someone asks why that mofo coached across 9 teams and 30+ years but NOW he’s gotta coach close to family. Fair, he was a Philly consultant last year but last time he was in Philly in a professional capacity was 1985 with the USFL Philadelphia Stars. Like wtf.
PFR had us ranked 24nd in 2022 under Boyer. PFR had us ranked 22 under Fangio.

2022 Boyer

1HXNJhp.jpeg

2023 Fangio

IlWbonK.jpeg

I look at it this way: We (the Phins) fell for the hot looking Italian girl at the club (Fangio), and tossed a load of cash to impress her. We bought her drink after drink, dinner at the finest restaurants and even a few Gucci bags. We asked her to move in and she accepted because we have a beautiful house. She put out, but we had a distinct feeling that she faked every orgasm. Then she started cheating on us online with the guy she really wanted (the Eagles). We found the texts on her phone and decided she wasn't that hot after all. She wouldn't even swallow. We parted ways. Immediately thereafter all our close friends and family celebrated and told us she was a bitch who treated them badly, but they were afraid to tell us.

It seems that some of you had your beer goggles on and this hot Italian girl turned out out to be Snooki from the Jersey shore.

p.s. For the record, I was neither for or against VF. I just wanted someone who'd run a better scheme than Boyer.

Great analogy!!

Sounds like that’ll be on the Lifetime channel.
Do you get the man hating network….whoops, I mean Lifetime channel over there in Thailand ?

Who needs the Lifetime network when you have The View? /s

I'm really surprised you have to explain this......

I'll add another element to this from the HC's perspective......this style of being the only voice in the room and everything has to be his idea or decision has the unintended consequence of building a very weak coaching staff. Everything is based on one man and when he leaves, everyone else is doing their job at a different level for the first time.

In leadership, part of your responsibility is to leave the role / position in better condition than what you received it in. That is hard to accomplish when you don't let others be part of the process
Hey B, I respectfully disagree. Fangios only job was to put a championship defensive scheme together and train the D how to execute it. Some think he did so, I don't because of the points against his D was ranked 7th. But anyway he's gone.

The Ever Looking Forward VIPER

Back
Top Bottom