More details on Fangio's departure | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More details on Fangio's departure

Yeah, was keeping it short - was going to add both decisions seemed to make sense at the time. I don't think McD did any actual arguing against Boyer. I didn't do much either on the board. But we ended up here...

Boyer gave up too many yards and was too content racking up time of possession and plays on defense.
There was a soundbite during the Bills home game last year that he was content spending the the whole game on the field because he thought that wasn't what Buffalo wanted to do, despite the fact it was Buffalo's gameplan because they were down to their third string Dbs on defense.
Another year of Boyer wouldn't have helped anyone.
The defense had a few fun games under Boyer, but overall people were disillusioned on what the defense actually was in reality under Boyer.

If you are a young coach, you want to stay away from old fukers who don’t want to work with a younger HC.

As the HC, McD has to figure out during the interview whether or not the old fuker he is interviewing is going to respect the chain of command.

If no, don’t hire.

Nothing wrong with coaches in the 30 - 38 years old group. Not too young. Not too old. Evolving. Still learning but comes with sufficient experience winning.

I’d stay away from coaches 60 years old or older. They tend to be set in their ways.

Same is true in medicine and law.
Hmmm.

My boss is 20 years younger than me! No I don't mean my wife..she is 17 years younger.

I am very open minded as you can see. 😂

Boyer gave up too many yards and was too content racking up time of possession and plays on defense.
There was a soundbite during the Bills home game last year that he was content spending the the whole game on the field because he thought that wasn't what Buffalo wanted to do, despite the fact it was Buffalo's gameplan because they were down to their third string Dbs on defense.
Another year of Boyer wouldn't have helped anyone.
The defense had a few fun games under Boyer, but overall people were disillusioned on what the defense actually was in reality under Boyer.
I didn't want another year of Boyer, I wanted a new young DC instead of Boyer for McD's 1st year. @TheMageGandalf called me on using the word "insisted" on keeping Boyer, and my post was admitting he was probably right- McD accepted Boyer for continuity. I was not arguing for more years of Boyer, at all 😂.

I will say Howard didn’t like fangio or Boyer. At this point he has to go. He isn’t worth the bulkshit anymore

Better is not always “better.” And any long time fan of this franchise should understand by now that appearances on paper may not prove out on the field. Whatever “culture” McD has created was obviously NOT in phase with an old-timer like Fangio. So the hire was very questionable for that reason alone. Sort of like mixing olive oil and Perrier.

The S Beach thing is an easy target for any lazy writer so that’s probably BS. But the essential chemistry was always a BIG question mark IMO.

And last, in classic Clown style we just threw a bunch of money at the problem and made the “big splash” in pursuit of our vaunted best in show poodle prize as we seemingly do every year. Too bad the results are so predictable and repeatable.

I didn't want another year of Boyer, I wanted a new young DC instead of Boyer for McD's 1st year. @TheMageGandalf called me on using the word "insisted" on keeping Boyer, and my post was admitting he was probably right- McD accepted Boyer for continuity. I was not arguing for more years of Boyer, at all 😂.
star trek picard GIF

Back
Top Bottom