More details on Fangio's departure | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More details on Fangio's departure

I mentioned this earlier, 'Generation Gap'. Take an older coach, a very good coach but set in his ways and have him deal with younger players who are used to being told that they are the 'Cat's @$$' all their lives. After all they are in the show, the NFL. You get more out of players with coercion rather than authoritarian direction now days. The way coaches used to do it is obviously 'old school' and used to do it. Times have changed. You have to make players want to do it your way, after all they make more than you do in many cases. I'm sure the owner, GM and HC made the decision to take a chance with a guy like this and see how it worked out knowing that it might not. It was a mixed bag, the D got better despite crippling injuries, and many players hated it. We still lost the critical games.

I mentioned this earlier, 'Generation Gap'. Take an older coach, a very good coach but set in his ways and have him deal with younger players who are used to being told that they are the 'Cat's @$$' all their lives. After all they are in the show, the NFL. You get more out of players with coercion rather than authoritarian direction now days. The way coaches used to do it is obviously 'old school' and used to do it. Times have changed. You have to make players want to do it your way, after all they make more than you do in many cases. I'm sure the owner, GM and HC made the decision to take a chance with a guy like this and see how it worked out knowing that it might not. It was a mixed bag, the D got better despite crippling injuries, and many players hated it. We still lost the critical games.
100%, and now these kids are getting paid megabucks for NIL as early as high school. Future authoritarian NFL coaches will have ZERO chance at a "my way or the highway" approach when the players they are coaching have always been well paid coddled superstars

100%, and now these kids are getting paid megabucks for NIL as early as high school. Future authoritarian NFL coaches will have ZERO chance at a "my way or the highway" approach when the players they are coaching have always been well paid coddled superstars
Agreed, look at Nick Satan and Steve Spurrier...

One other thing that caught my attention. When Trill Williams tweeted out cryptic tweets about Fangio, it said a lot about the dysfunction Fangio brought with him to Miami. And as we all know Williams was cut. To see a young former player display that kind of emotion is telling.
I don't recall what Trill posted. Can you give a summary or link?

Is that something you read that is more detailed, or an assumption?
Per the article.
“Fangio’s one-voice approach to running the defense wore on other coaches — an example being that he didn’t allow position coaches to present their work to the defense, instead gathering information from them and doing it himself,”

I look at it this way: We (the Phins) fell for the hot looking Italian girl at the club (Fangio), and tossed a load of cash to impress her. We bought her drink after drink, dinner at the finest restaurants and even a few Gucci bags. We asked her to move in and she accepted because we have a beautiful house. She put out, but we had a distinct feeling that she faked every orgasm. Then she started cheating on us online with the guy she really wanted (the Eagles). We found the texts on her phone and decided she wasn't that hot after all. She wouldn't even swallow. We parted ways. Immediately thereafter all our close friends and family celebrated and told us she was a bitch who treated them badly, but they were afraid to tell us.
Purely hypothetical and definitly not coming from personal experience. Right, James?

The non-nonsense coach doesn’t mesh when the head coach and de facto OC on other side is the furthest left of a “players” coach. Makes the players in the other side wonder why their coach is so inflexible and tuff on them.

If Dolphins miss playoffs in 2024, everyone will have their pitchforks out for McD’s “style” and switch that we need a more disciplined coach.

I look at it this way: We (the Phins) fell for the hot looking Italian girl at the club (Fangio), and tossed a load of cash to impress her. We bought her drink after drink, dinner at the finest restaurants and even a few Gucci bags. We asked her to move in and she accepted because we have a beautiful house. She put out, but we had a distinct feeling that she faked every orgasm. Then she started cheating on us online with the guy she really wanted (the Eagles). We found the texts on her phone and decided she wasn't that hot after all. She wouldn't even swallow. We parted ways. Immediately thereafter all our close friends and family celebrated and told us she was a bitch who treated them badly, but they were afraid to tell us.
Great analogy!!

Sounds like that’ll be on the Lifetime channel.
Do you get the man hating network….whoops, I mean Lifetime channel over there in Thailand ?

The non-nonsense coach doesn’t mesh when the head coach and de facto OC on other side is the furthest left of a “players” coach. Makes the players in the other side wonder why their coach is so inflexible and tuff on them.

If Dolphins miss playoffs in 2024, everyone will have their pitchforks out for McD’s “style” and switch that we need a more disciplined coach.
Dont really have your finger on the pulse of the crowd here do ya?

Couldn't even give Cam Smith a chance to prove himself. Why because Eli Apple is so great and Kader Kohou can play on the outside? How f****** stupid can you be. Watch Smith play well next year and the Iggles continue to fall apart. At least we rid ourselves of this cancer quickly, total fraud.

I honestly feel bad for McDaniel on this one because I'm sure he trusted him WAY too much due to his experience and "great reputation" around the league. Can't even stick around in one place for more than a few seasons, f*** Vic Fangio. Like Holland said kick rocks b****.

McDaniel has to stop being such a p****. The players walk all over him, just like Fangio did. At some point you have to say things like, I don't care what you think you're not going back in this game down 30. Or Vic, you need to play Cam Smith or you're fired. If he doesn't develop some toughness quick McDaniel will be fired, even our QB plays like a p**** now and I suspect a lot of it is because of McDaniel. Grow a sack or GTFO. This is football you weak motherf*******, it's not for everyone. I'll take a moron with a backbone like Dan Campbell over a weak f****** nerd like our guy any day of the week. 2024 is put up or shut up time.

Last edited:

You the man Dubya! 😁

Great analogy!!

Sounds like that’ll be on the Lifetime channel.
Do you get the man hating network….whoops, I mean Lifetime channel over there in Thailand ?
That right there from Junior is obviously written from the heart. Guess he is glad now to finally get it off his chest. I only have one question for @Jamesw ...what was her name? 😂

Back
Top Bottom