More Dolphin Bad Blood in the water being reported | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More Dolphin Bad Blood in the water being reported

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Dave Hyde

Besides his central role in a national firestorm this season, Jonathan Martin played another role in a private firestorm, one he didn't know about occurring inside the Dolphins that contributed to General Manager Jeff Ireland eventually leaving the franchise Tuesday.

Last off season, coach Joe Philbin wasn't sold Martin was a capable left tackle and wanted a backup plan, two team sources said. Ireland thought the second-year player would develop and didn't make an expensive move for Kansas City veteran Branden Albert.

So when the incident involving Martin and Richie Incognito devolved into a bullying-themed mess, there already was a back story of tension between the coach and general manager as they met in Philbin's office to discuss the public situation.

What exactly was said isn't clear, but the November meeting ended with Ireland either storming out or being thrown out of Philbin's office. The two, never especially close, moved further apart...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-dave-hyde-dolphins-0109-20140108,0,603435.column

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

This organization will not be fixed for years it looks like to me. SMH

Wins cure everything, fix the offensive line and this is a 10-6 team regardless of who the OC is.

I don't think the fixing takes years, Ireland is gone now. Lets play ball.

I'm not a football genius, but we all knew Martin wasn't the answer at LT. I could be wrong, but you typically know what you got with lineman. It's rare that a lineman takes a few years to develop into a top tier LT.

The fact that Ireland put all his eggs in one basket was a major oversight. The fact that he ignored the concerns and demands of his head coach is telling reason why he is gone and Philbin is still here.

Armando's reporting makes Ireland look like the Good guy, now this one makes Philbin out to be the good guy. This will never work.

Unity = Unity needs individuals that's you. That's what my coach taught us when we played. This team here can't win under this
situation. It's not a team at all but a bunch or power brokering and throwing the other guy under the bus. They need to clean house.

I wonder how much of this the owner knew? I can't believe he could even run a Popsicle stand like this let alone a Football team. I am
sure he does not allow his business to run this way. Wow FIRE THEM ALL AND START OVER. I was against it but not now. It's borked!
Move on!!!

Armando's reportsing makes Ireland look like the Good guy, now this one make Philbin out to be the good guy. This will never work.

Unity = Unity needs individuals that's you. That's what my coach taught us when we played. This team here can't not win under this
situation. It's not a team at all but a bunch or power brokering and throwing the other guy under the bus. They need to clean house.

I wonder how much of this the owner knew? I can't believe he could even run a Popsicle stand like this let alone a Football team. I am
sure he does not allow his business to run this way. Wow FIRE THEM ALL AND START OVER. I was against it but not now. It's t borked!
Move on!!!

Armando had a clear agenda, Hyde does not.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

Again I hope that everything works out with this team. Above all the opinions and arguments that people have on here is the fact that we all want to WIN and hopefully we can do that.

Meh, can't get to the draft fast enough.

This will all blow over once people get hired and the season starts ramping up. Like KC said, wins cure everything.

Armando's reporting makes Ireland look like the Good guy, now this one makes Philbin out to be the good guy. This will never work.

Unity = Unity needs individuals that's you. That's what my coach taught us when we played. This team here can't win under this

sure he does not allow his business to run this way. Wow FIRE THEM ALL AND START OVER. I was against it but not now. It's borked!
Move on!!!

I don't think Hyde's article makes either look good or bad. I think it illustrates that Philbin and Ireland just didn't get along.... But Armando's article did have very obvious bias against Aponte

So Ireland saddled Philbin with sub-par talent.

Surprise. We all knew Ireland was the problem.

Armando had a clear agenda, Hyde does not.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

Who cares the facts are out and expect more to come when the Jonathan Martin thing hits its going to get real ugly.

Remember that video where before they knew what the atomic bomb would do to people. They would teach people to
duck and cover. LOL

That is what they are doing here. But guess what this is about to get Nuclear. We haven't seen anything yet.

Duck and Cover...

[video=youtube;IKqXu-5jw60]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKqXu-5jw60[/video]

The organization is not in disrepair for years because the GM and Head Coach didn't get along. By all accounts Philbin is a very well mannered and respected individual while the GM is simply not a people person. Does removing Ireland eliminate all problems within the organization? No, but it goes a long way in removing what has been described as "a cold chill when you walk in the building" by a well connected local sports personality.

If Joe wanted to make a move for Albert and wanted little to do with Martin than God bless Joe.

Martin had no business at LT and if Joe knew that and Ireland did not act...shame on Ireland.

Martin is a snake.

Some interesting things in that article....Philbin didn't have faith in Martin, or at least wanted a backup plan this year, but Ireland refused. Also, Tony Sparano wanted a veteran QB his final year instead of Henne, and Ireland refused that as well. Its becoming clear that the poor personnel decisions were coming from Ireland and not the coaching staff. Poor personnel decisions coupled with an abrasive personality will do you in as a GM in the NFL.

Not sure how this is that bad....a gm and coach that didn't see eye to eye. And now the gm is gone. Would be a big deal if Ireland was here but he ain't so

If Joe wanted to make a move for Albert and wanted little to do with Martin than God bless Joe.

Martin had no business at LT and if Joe knew that and Ireland did not act...shame on Ireland.

Martin is a snake.

stephencolbertreportexcited-1.gif

Back
Top Bottom