More Dolphin Bad Blood in the water being reported | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More Dolphin Bad Blood in the water being reported

If Joe wanted to make a move for Albert and wanted little to do with Martin than God bless Joe.

Martin had no business at LT and if Joe knew that and Ireland did not act...shame on Ireland.

Martin is a snake.

Look at that. The coach you hate wanted the player you loved.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

Irish is gone

Martin more than likely is gone

Can we move forward?

Damn!

ronsimmonsdamn2o-1.gif

If we're going to stay on track with the topic of how the Martin defection effects the environment in Davie, let's just talk about all of the players at the top.

First Ireland. Do I think he would've been able to predict that Martin would be such a candy ass? No. But let's be honest, Martin was **** to begin with and shouldn't have been drafted. Second, It's Ireland's job to make sure that all things football related operate in a healthy functional manner where MArtin should've had the outlet to express his issues and it should've been handled in house. How far or close to the situation is somewhat irrelevant. Everything under his care is his problem

Now Philbin. When I think of this crap I think of Belichick. Would this have ever happened in New England? Probably not. Why? Leadership. The lack of leadership trickled on down from Ireland to Philbin. In fact I don't think Philbin has been a leader or head of anything in his entire football career. He has never been a leader of men. This is a trait wither you have or you don't. Philbin was hired based on Green Bay's Super Bowl win (which we can attribute to McCarthy) and his "nice guy" image.

Football is a violent gladiator sport. You need a man of multiple talents to deal with the wide ranging personalities it takes to win in this sport at this level. Philbin simply doesn't have "IT" as a leader. It's through his inability to lead, or to lead by fear of being cut which makes him vulnerable and lacking the bonds needed for open communication. Shot, he can't even communicate without cue cards.

This should NEVER have happened. Richie should've been cut after the golfing incident. They all kept him. They all deserve the blame.

The shame in this front office doesn't end with Ireland. And clearly as we're learning, the stench will continue until Ross does the right thing and cleanses the rot away.

Look at that. The coach you hate wanted the player you loved.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

All call things as I see them. I give Joe credit when it is warranted and rip him or anyone else when it fits.

I don't think the fixing takes years, Ireland is gone now. Lets play ball.

I just saw a team that played inferior football to 2 division rivals that were supposed to be below us. Do you think they're going to stand still too? And then the ageless Pats. Winning could take a while.

Pure speculation here, but it feels to me like Ireland forced Martin on Philbin at LT because of his own agenda with the money being spent and to protect his draft pick. If the coach is telling you the kid can't cut it at LT and he wants a backup plan, it seems to me coach has doubts that need addressing.

If you throw in all of the other decisions made during the draft and FA, only drafting a project in Thomas, spending so much money on Wallace, stringing out the Albert saga but doing nothing, balking at Long's contract demands, balking at McKinnie when he was a FA and a few others, then I see supporting evidence that Philbin was asking for more OLine help before the process started and Ireland shifted financial and draft resources away from it to make bigger splashes and make himself seem more aggressive.

It's not that he didn't have options and opportunities to fix this problem long before it happened, he simply wanted to ignore the problem and put the responsibility and failure on the staff when the OLine failed and made all of his moves look bad.

His short sighted approach backfired and cost him his job. Sadly, we could have acquired Albert (albeit with a high contract and a 2nd round pick) or kept Long (for a smaller contract than Albert and no draft picks) and McKinnie (for no draft picks) long before camp and we would have never had Bully Gate and our QB would spent a lot less time on the ground and possibly had a few more W's in the column.

But we didn't because a person finally allowed to spend money freely within reason decided to ignore 1 or 2 signings when neither would have truly hurt us. And we still have to address those holes and we've already spent draft picks but they didn't go to a long term solution. McKinnie for free was a nice option for a stop gap and depth. For draft picks and the same price, now we have to hope we can get 2 or 3 more years at the same level out of him.

Understand, I'm not saying go back and not sign Player X in order to acquire OL Player Y. I'm saying we had the opportunity to sign those guys IN ADDITION to the others and the holes would have been plugged and the other pieces could have gotten better, quicker. Helping the investment spent in other areas.

The problem was mentioned and it was firmly ignored. And to prove a point, he blatantly ignored it to spite his coach. Glad Ireland is finally gone.

I would like to know how many times and what players Philbin was denied by Ireland. Along with the players Ireland substituted based on his own judgement. Not so much to judge Ireland, but to see how much better/worse Philbin is so we can get a better understanding of the man and his real abilities.

But alas, that information will never truly be discovered.

The problem was mentioned and it was firmly ignored. And to prove a point, he blatantly ignored it to spite his coach. Glad Ireland is finally gone.

I would like to know how many times and what players Philbin was denied by Ireland. Along with the players Ireland substituted based on his own judgement. Not so much to judge Ireland, but to see how much better/worse Philbin is so we can get a better understanding of the man and his real abilities.

This is by far the most revealing info to come out in since Ireland was axed. Our HC was pointing out our teams faults, only to be ignored by the GM. I'm surprised we were 8-8 honestly.

Armando had a clear agenda, Hyde does not.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

Take Mando's one-sided slant away from it and they both pretty much say the same thing...There are MAJOR issues in Davie.

This is by far the most revealing info to come out in since Ireland was axed. Our HC was pointing out our teams faults, only to be ignored by the GM. I'm surprised we were 8-8 honestly.

So maybe coaching got us to 8-8........Maybe!

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

Take Mando's one-sided slant away from it and they both pretty much say the same thing...There are MAJOR issues in Davie.

If you take out Mando's side of the story the issue was clearly Ireland.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

I don't think this one incident caused Philbin to get angry at Ireland, if that's what happened. We don't know the whole story and we only heard what appears to be Ireland's side of the story through Armando's story yesterday...we don't know if Aponte really did what Armando said she did in that story I think that's an assumption from whoever gave him the scoop (which had to be Ireland IMO).

Anyway, there are several instances that I can think of that may have caused Philbin to finally reach the point of getting angry and throwing Ireland out of his office. The fact that Ireland has been setting this team and coaching staff up for failure since they got here seems obvious to me at least. The lack of WRs in Philbin's rookie year as HC. The reluctance to switch personnel on defense from the 3-4 to the 4-3. The offensive line being half-heartedly addressed with mostly free agents coming off injury. The need for Ireland to make himself look good by forcing his draft picks to be used as starters by the coaching staff. There's a lot there that if I were coach I wouldn't trust Ireland and I would also get angry cause he's not just hampering the team he's messing with my chance to be a successful coach.

What I've heard so far is that Philbin was onboard with getting rid of Brandon Marshall, Karlos Dansby and Kevin Burnett but what's not clear is who picked the players that replaced them and as we all know Ireland was a year late in replacing Marshall. The fact that Ireland lacked a backup plan comes as no surprise either, I've pointed that out about him often. Perhaps the rumors of Ireland wanting McCoy has HC instead of Philbin may have made Ireland less likely to help Philbin out of spite. Seems plausible given what we know about Ireland's personality. Either way I'm glad Ireland is gone.

WOW! I've been saying all season that it looked obvious Philbin wanted upgrades on the o-line and Ireland was the one standing in the way of that. Our head coach ended up being the best personnel person on the team, and that is ****ed up people!! Joe Philbin is a good coach BUT he needs a good GM too. What a ****ing disaster this turned out to be as I believe Albert would have given us at least one more win if not several more wins.

Consider this: our offense jumped from about 27th in DVOA all the way up to 15th after we got McKinnie,which means we were likely a top 10 offense for a stretch. One player switch on the fly made that kind of a difference. And McKinnie <<<<<<<<<Brandon Albert

I don't want to hear any of this bull**** about them going 3-0 with Martin either--that is just more evidence of GREAT coaching. That would be like saying: well if Mike Tyson was able to win three fights with one hand tied behind his back there is no reason he couldn't win them all...

IIIIIIRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well at least they got it right as to the primary guys at fault were and let them go...should have been pretty obvious watching the team play what the major issues were

now just make a decision on the oline coach...

Back
Top Bottom