More Dolphin Bad Blood in the water being reported | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More Dolphin Bad Blood in the water being reported

Dave Hyde

Besides his central role in a national firestorm this season, Jonathan Martin played another role in a private firestorm, one he didn't know about occurring inside the Dolphins that contributed to General Manager Jeff Ireland eventually leaving the franchise Tuesday.

Last off season, coach Joe Philbin wasn't sold Martin was a capable left tackle and wanted a backup plan, two team sources said. Ireland thought the second-year player would develop and didn't make an expensive move for Kansas City veteran Branden Albert.

So when the incident involving Martin and Richie Incognito devolved into a bullying-themed mess, there already was a back story of tension between the coach and general manager as they met in Philbin's office to discuss the public situation.

What exactly was said isn't clear, but the November meeting ended with Ireland either storming out or being thrown out of Philbin's office. The two, never especially close, moved further apart...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-dave-hyde-dolphins-0109-20140108,0,603435.column

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

This organization will not be fixed for years it looks like to me. SMH

ummm based on this...it sounds like it was 'fixed' when Ireland left, no?

I'm not a football genius, but we all knew Martin wasn't the answer at LT. I could be wrong, but you typically know what you got with lineman. It's rare that a lineman takes a few years to develop into a top tier LT.

The fact that Ireland put all his eggs in one basket was a major oversight. The fact that he ignored the concerns and demands of his head coach is telling reason why he is gone and Philbin is still here.

Come on now, There were plenty of threads claiming that LT was Martins natural position and that he would be good.

this story would've been better had it said philbin physically removed Jeff Ireland out of his office

It certainly looks like the biggest source of bad blood has been removed.
And Philbin sounds like he was right on many things Ireland was not.

If Joe wanted to make a move for Albert and wanted little to do with Martin than God bless Joe.

Martin had no business at LT and if Joe knew that and Ireland did not act...shame on Ireland.

Martin is a snake.

From now on, I'm going to grab a beer every time I see you post that Martin is a snake.

I expect to be dead from liver disease by May. :lol:

P.S. He's a snake.

Armando's reporting makes Ireland look like the Good guy, now this one makes Philbin out to be the good guy. This will never work.

Unity = Unity needs individuals that's you. That's what my coach taught us when we played. This team here can't win under this
situation. It's not a team at all but a bunch or power brokering and throwing the other guy under the bus. They need to clean house.

I wonder how much of this the owner knew? I can't believe he could even run a Popsicle stand like this let alone a Football team. I am
sure he does not allow his business to run this way. Wow FIRE THEM ALL AND START OVER. I was against it but not now. It's borked!
Move on!!!

What do you care what the views of two different reporters, bad ones at that, are. They can write whatever they want. Armondo clearly favors Ireland, thus he will write anything to try to discredit Philbin and vice versa for Hyde... One shouldnt allow themseoves to be so influenced by a couple beat writers - and again, very bad ones at that.

the story would have been much better if philbin was eating lunch in the cafeteria, ireland came over with his lunch tray to eat at philbin's table, and when ireland sat down philbin picked up his tray and moved to another table.

Long story short, the common factor in tension was Ireland. When you have 2 people within the organization that feel they can't work with you anymore that's a problem.

Why does Tony Sparano hate him?

I read somewhere that the ginger weasel threw the meatball under the bus to save his own job.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

the story would have been much better if philbin was eating lunch in the cafeteria, ireland came over with his lunch tray to eat at philbin's table, and when ireland sat down philbin picked up his tray and moved to another table.

But would "gentlemens clubs" be involved at all?

Long story short, the common factor in tension was Ireland. When you have 2 people within the organization that feel they can't work with you anymore that's a problem.

Exactly. Ireland has alienated Sparano, Philbin, and Aponte. He is the common thread in the blanket of animosity covering the organization. With him gone, the franchise can move forward.

Yup. Why does everyone around the league speak really highly of Joe Philbin? Why does everyone around the league speak really badly of Jeff Ireland? One of these men is a dysfunctional individual. Which one is it?

And this is precisely why I've been saying for a while now that even a move as 'minor' as firing Jeff and promoting Gaine would be a huge step up. Gaine is, by all accounts, not a dysfunctional asshat. That's progress.

This article clearly shows once again what I have said over and over,IRELAND ultimately made the FINAL call on personel and has for years,and again failed here to fix the offensive line that has been awful for years. He has been here 6 years,has continually let players go here that went elsewhere and excelled. When it came to evaluating players the Dolphins have made some bad mistakes the last 6 years and again,this falls on Ireland whether he took others advice,his own or what-ever,ultimately iy was HIS (Irelands) calls,and he made some terrible decisions over the years.

One of the reasons I dont post alot is I honestly hate the arguing back and forth,I just want to see good football from a team as I have said before,I fell in love with in 1970 and was fortunate enough to see those great Super Bowl years and the undefeated season. BUT.with that said,I had NEVER said anything about Ireland,EVER,one way or another,even though I disaagreed with him when he released players like Welker and others who I thought had great potential. I continually gave him the benefit of the doubt and tried the "wait and see" method,UNTIL I COULD STAND saying nothing NO MORE !!! IRELAND had to go !! To many screw ups,to many bad calls,to many letting good players go elsewhere,to many stupid things "Is your mother a prostitute", that has made this organization look bad !! No reason to debate this for me,Ireland had his chances,6 years worth,and failed time and time again,he had to go !

Yup. Why does everyone around the league speak really highly of Joe Philbin? Why does everyone around the league speak really badly of Jeff Ireland? One of these men is a dysfunctional individual. Which one is it?

And this is precisely why I've been saying for a while now that even a move as 'minor' as firing Jeff and promoting Gaine would be a huge step up. Gaine is, by all accounts, not a dysfunctional asshat. That's progress.

Clearly everyone in the league and most of the posters on this site, except the minority that still defend Jeff Ireland, are all morons :chuckle:

I got a real suggestion for Steve Ross...there is obvious a lot of trepidation with Dawn Aponte. Perhaps her imagine could improve and maybe even fans become impressed if she actually met the media. Do a sit down interview or two. Do a presser.

Most people do not know her from a bump on a long. Let her articulate her vision and thoughts about football. She should be able to do this IF she is going to be a heavy hitter in the org. If she cannot do that...that is another story.

However, some transparency might help. The bunker mentality is failing this organization.

Exactly. Ireland has alienated Sparano, Philbin, and Aponte. He is the common thread in the blanket of animosity covering the organization. With him gone, the franchise can move forward.

God I hope your right But I fear your wrong. I believe it will not change until they clean house.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

I got a real suggestion for Steve Ross...there is obvious a lot of trepidation with Dawn Aponte. Perhaps her imagine could improve and maybe even fans become impressed if she actually met the media. Do a sit down interview or two. Do a presser.

Most people do not know her from a bump on a long. Let her articulate her vision and thoughts about football. She should be able to do this IF she is going to be a heavy hitter in the org. If she cannot do that...that is another story.

However, some transparency might help. The bunker mentality is failing this organization.

You know what that is not a bad idea.

Back
Top Bottom